1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

Other Sekedar Tempat Gw Coret2 Asal

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by high_time, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    fish with legs.

I once dream about seeing a fish with legs. Their skin color was gold, with quite a big stature but they weren't that heavy to lift. Their scales were quite soft and wasn't slimy. They could run extremely fast, but if you pick them up and put their body down in wrong position they couldn't even get up. Just pick them up again and put the body down at some position and see if they could stand and walk.

The fish was quite docile and got affectionate when you pet them in the head. It would walk and snuggle against your feet (the sensation was also quite nice).

That's about it. Overall I think it's a nice pet to have, but I sure didn't have time or energy to take care of pets lol.

2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    the reply to a love confession

"I love you, please go out with me."

"I love you too, but I hate going outside."

4. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    fakta tentang pelangi

Ciptaan Tuhan tapi yang ngelukis Agung dan Siapa Gerangan.

5. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    just another one of those dreams

I was in a class made of elites, but they were really mean. It had the best facilities and features, but I felt like I was bullied every single day and I vowed to exact revenge. I moved to a different class where people looked really scary, I don't believe they were actually in school. They surprisingly were really nice, though I don't even want to get on their bad side since they could easily crush me into a pulp.Even when I told them I wanted revenge on these elite pricks, they told me to forgive them, because all those hatred means they lack something important to make them a real person.

The other dream involves me teaching a child his assignments, though the level of it was something akin to what high schools do. I forgot about one of the questions. It's somewhat related to the dangers of certain government policy and I helped skimming the text for citations. The book was in color and had lots of pictures just like National Geographic.

Lastly, and the most amusing one for me. I was in another class filled with people around my age when I was in high school. The teacher told us about a game, where you only could choose one gender to be your soulmate. She probably meant that the girls have to choose the boys, vice-versa. Though someone in the class blurted out the interpretation. So either you choose the same sex or the opposite sex, no in-between. The tally would be counted between those of the same sex or opposite sex who loved that person, the one with most vote would win.

It was still unclear how did the votes work, maybe it's due to the intensity of love from each person. I looked at the results and they were pretty much predictable, a boy and his crush with the result being their crush. There were some discrepancies out there, but most of the results hinted at them being straight, but quite open to homosexual things. Later on the guy who designed the vote forgot to explain his format so the voting would be redone again, which might result in him getting beaten up by the entire class.

Oh well, that does it.

6. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    effective and efficient?

Here's my definition about effective and efficient.

Effective was about producing the best results compared to other methods.

Efficient was about achieving the same result as others with the lowest amount of cost.

The basis of many problem solving lies in finding the most effective approach that's also most efficient. Like the essence of business to profit the highest from the lowest expense.

Overall it boils down to knowledge and experience. Even the most efficient and effective methods would be outclassed with even better ones in the future. as soon as one has the knowledge and resources to implement it.

7. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    effective and efficient pt. 2

I used to have such complicated life ideals which ended up dragging me down. Nowadays, I just abide by this simple principle. It was taught to me by someone I look up to.

There are two factors which determines whether something is worth doing or not: Cost and Perceived Value. Cost means the effort and resources required to attain a certain goal. Perceived Value means how much attaining your goal could benefit you.

Ideally, one would try to reach the most profitable goal using the lowest possible cost. Though, some most profitable goals had the lowest cost that one couldn't even afford. They compromised after another, discovering the one's fitting their own palate.

They might lived in a doctrine that reaching their dreams were important, but doing so without any regard of cost and value would most likely end up in painful suffering. In case of one blindly pursuing their dreams just because they strongly desired it. One might be lucky and got what they wanted, but this method does not rely on luck.

The more you had to rely on luck, the more attempts you had to make until you're successful, and thus only resulted in the highest potential cost with the lowest amount of value. Whether it's bad, traumatic experiences, the loss of motivation, money, resources, or it might be something even more important.

Not to mention the moments you tried believing your hardest on luck, you ceased your activity and rely on something outside your own control. Wasting the potential to better yourself through self-control.

The greatest taboo of this life philosophy was to believe in luck as a boon in a factor, while in reality, it's just a liability, which would cause you mayhem when you least expect it.

I have fallen into the same trap of believing in luck. It had cost me a hefty sum. Thank goodness it's just in a video game. Learn from my mistakes and surely you'll be much better off than I do.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  8. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    just a draft of me studying car parts

will continue writing it later

The basics of machinery was about easier handling of tasks. Since the automobiles were quite difficult to understand due to the degree of their complexity, I would start with the simplest ones. I remember about the well, in which they use the ropes tied down to a pulley. It made things easier to pull due to the user not experiencing resistance of gravity--if one were to pull it upwards. They just need to use their weight to pull up the water bucket, in which gravity assisted them and it was much easier to sustain the pull along the way.

The parts of the well consisted of the rope, the pulley and the bucket. The rope as a source to exert force, pulley to change the direction of the rope so gravity doesn't get in the way. The bucket was self-explanatory. One thing to keep in mind was the durability of each parts. If either one of these broke you had to replace them as soon as possible, but that does it.

Something simpler to that would be a wooden slide. You slid the heavy objects upwards through it, so you didn't have to exert much force on lifting it. Assuming that the structure would be enough to sustain the object's weight and exerted force, it would provide less ground friction with the elevated angle; requiring less force to move.

The most similar thing to automobiles in simple machinery might be a cart. You had the wheels which reduce ground friction, the cargo inside it, with the structure to sustain all the cargo weight and the handle to push it.

In the automobiles, the pushing force is replaced by the engines, and the structures had all the chassis, body and stuff in order to keep things together, also the fuel input and exhaust system for the engines--that's the basic thing. The purpose of it was to carry cargo through the propulsion power of engines, in which had lots of ground friction reduced by wheels and everything was kept in place by the automobile's structure.

The rest of the customization was to fit the purpose of the car. From the general thing such as the lightning, steering, brakes, seating, meter displays, electronics, audio, up onto the safety measures like airbag. There's a lot of possibilities of car modding. One of them was to inject a Nitrous Oxide for throttling the machine power in racing. Some others had more of an aesthetic look which was known as Itasha, painting the car's body with artworks of one's liking, commonly anime characters. Or maybe mod the audio systems if you want to blast off your favorite tunes in the middle of street.

One thing which differentiated the cars from the simple machinery, was the amount of spare parts needed. Cars had a lot of parts in which need lookup. The well pulley had only three parts to look up for, though for the cars, there's such a long list which would be alien to those not familiar with automobile machinery, since a lot of those parts were hidden in plain view and hard to observe their condition if one's not a mechanic.

The thing I notice first is the motor oil. It came in various types based on their viscosity. The 10 Oil were the least viscose while 100 were the most. They were used based on the type of engine of the machine. The motor oil functions as a lubricant for the engine pistons to keep pumping. There were also winter grades of the viscosity for the subtropical regions.

After that there's the tires. A lot of different tires for the vehicles, whether it's a personal drive car or heavy equipment. There's also the car spring to absorb the shock from tires to provide more of a comfortable ride. The spring work together with shock absorbers that would distribute the simultant of shocks into another form of energy which in turn dissipated.

9. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    a job interview

"What do you know about programming?"

"It's a deep philosophical journey of me opening up to the world. I greet them by saying hello through the computer."

"Hired!"

the big question

They say the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Why?

We already know the answer for why chicken cross the road : to get to the other side.

Maybe, the quick brown fox wanted to jump over his obstacles in life, so he jumped over the dog.

Because apparently, the dog stole his wife and the quick brown fox wanted to prove the world, that he's apparently the bigger one.

...and he supposedly succeed on doing so.

It's a success story for the inspiration of us all.

The template text (cited from wikipedia)

with some personal adjustments

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

The principle of pleasure and pain. Humans fundamentally seek pleasure and avoid pain.

One might endure pain to avoid more pain. One might restrain their desires for something more pleasurable.

It's okay to settle for something less rewarding but also less painful. It's okay to completely avoid any pain that does not grant you merit. For it is common sense to avoid pain and to seek pleasure.

Everyone has their own standards of happiness and tolerance of pain, and through their own free will, should they decide the course of their lives.

That is, how a human being would live their life towards the end.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  10. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Some little tips about time management and sleep

(in the end it's not that effective for me though)

If you had busy days and you want to keep devoting yourself to your passion, you can try cutting off your sleep time. Sleeping in about 2-3 hours interval can work--using an alarm would help. Work on the project for the span of an hour or so and sleep again. You should get about 1 or 2 hour more before it's time to do your activity--kinda depends on your job.

Sleeping on short intervals during the night, in my experience, leads to remembering a lot more details about the dream. While you work on your proejct, you can spend few minutes to write about the dream. I read from some sources that remembering your dreams would eventually turn into ability of lucid dreaming, which means you could be completely aware of your dreams, and able to manifest
    your desires in the best way possible, allowing for the highest quality of sleep.

One little thing about sleep. Some people took quite a long time trying to sleep, which overall reduces the amount of effective time of it. When I want to sleep right away, I usually just try to vividly imagine pleasant things. Since I got accustomed using my imagination, I was able to make myself comfortable so it's much easier to sleep. If you're not used to it, just try imagining simple things, let it flow naturally. You'll get the knack of it, like killing two birds with one stone.

Hope the tip helps.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.