1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

Other Sekedar Tempat Gw Coret2 Asal

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by high_time, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    something i thought today

it's something about talent and hard work

nowadays i thought, the difference between talent and hard work is only a matter, whether a lazy person or a diligent person who did it.

people spout hard work everywhere since the lazy ones with talent were too lazy to sound their opinions on those things, in which they may deem as unimportant.

and yeah, no one likes those who self proclaim themselves as talented either. though, i guess, not all people do things to be liked by others.

still, it's not that bad really. if you could do things that people like, at least you get money. with enough money you could live a comfortable life.

in the end, what is something abstract like individuality or idealism when you can just do as you please with the money you have?

if you already have money, i guess you can brandish those idealism as much as you can. though at most cases, when we're already at that point, it's too late to back down.

blame your credit card debt on modern art auctions.

2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    another stuff i kind of realized

why are you lonely?

after a long time basking in loneliness, i have concluded : those feelings came not because of the need to socialize with others. as far as i'm interacting with people, most of time i still felt empty and lonely.

the thing which abated those emptiness was, when i tried pouring down my honest feelings without restraint. it doesn't have to be directed at people at all. by acknowledging those honest thoughts of mine, i felt like, my presence in this world was actually there, even if there's no one around.

at first, i thought i might be cursed since i never seem to have friends i got that close with, but now, i felt grateful. because of lack of friends, i finally found the things that can replace it much better.

as a conclusion: you don't need friends to keep you from being lonely, you just need to be honest with yourself.

4. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    yet another lesson learnt

do you find yourself occasionally looking down on people with lesser abilities than yours?

sometimes i got this bad habit of looking down upon those who i think, basically had lesser abilities than mine yet they actually got the support they didn't deserve.

yet, it's also their undesirable works which drove me into creating better things. which mean, they were the ones who actually drove me into taking action, to create works of my own that i always yearned to create and that i can do things much better than them. and they don't need to know of my presence. being able to start working on stuff after lengths of absence has been quite a big reward in itself.

which goes to show, even among worst of the works in your perception, you can still learn something valuable from it.

i wouldn't recommend forcing yourself to enjoy the works that you hate though, but you can analyze the things that made you hate those work and use it to better yourself--only if you want to though, i ain't gonna force you since after all, it's your life.

last but not least, you can say that you hate me. and i'll say this to you, if your hate to me ain't gonna do anything positive to you, just forget about me. hate me with everything you had, if it actually able to make yourself into someone successful.

take care.

5. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    something from yesterday and today

which probably be an antithesis to the self-reliance element.

the previous entries noted about the importance of only relying on yourself and focusing on yourself.

but if you don't know how to deal with others, they will most likely make your days a living hell.

the me today is not solely based upon me alone, it was based on countless of influences. they are the things that formed the 'me' of today. the only way to rely on my own self is to acknowledge those influences as a part of me from now on.

6. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    about one-time-offer experiences

they say things like, try it once, you'll like it.

some of them probably aren't worth it. i kinda learned it the hard way when i tried buying the new variety of chicken rice in the nearby convenience store when i was really hungry at near midnight. it tasted plain terrible compared to the usual variety one.

still, it gave me a valuable lesson which led me to write this.

on the other hand, things that you probably buy, which the ones you kept using for a long time, was probably the best bet you could get when you want to buy something.

well, about the actual product you're going to buy, well it's a matter of subjective taste whether it's good or not. so let's just leave it like that.

7. spinx04 Veteran

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +2,539 / -0
    Damn, this story was seriously crazy, but somehow... I don't even know how, it's enjoyable, like watching the absurd anime bobobo

Sent from my SM-P355 using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    hahaha iya kalo soal bulu hidung ujung2 ke bobobo juga :lol:

udah lama gk nonton itu lagi lol

9. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    simple solutions that they didn't teach you at school

if you can't possibly devise a solution to a problem, stop thinking about it, forget about it ever existed. just do things you can do. if you didn't feel that there's any solution you could possibly think of to any of current problems, just stop thinking for a while, let it come naturally.

school doesn't teach this, and instead forces you to answer all of the problems available, even though you might be the absolute worst at that problem.

not saying it's bad though. if it's really bad, why would most people come to school anyway?

as for me, the best experience from school was experiencing how bad it could be for me. it taught me how a lot of things could be better with my own ways, and how I was so glad when everything was over.

10. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    coba bikin terjemahan dari puisi Robert Frost yg judulnya 'The Road Not Taken'

Jalan Yang Tak Ditempuh

Dua jalan bercabang dari sebuah papan kuning.
    Maaf aku tak dapat menapaki keduanya.
    Bak musafir penyendiri, telah lama aku berdiri.
    Menerawang satu jalan sejauh yang ku bisa.
    Sampai pada bagian yang tertutup semak belukar.

Kujelajahi jalan lain, sama jauhnya.
    Dan mungkin inilah yang lebih baik
    Lantaran berumput halus dan tak sering dikunjungi.
    Tetapi, perihal menapaki jalan tersebut
    Sama saja melelahkan dari yang lainnya.

Dan saat fajar mulai menyingsing
    Tiada jejak yang membekas pada daun di tanah
    Ah, telah kusimpan hal tersebut 'tuk lain hari!
    Meski kutahu jalan satu bercabang pada banyak jalan lain.
    Aku ragu tuk kembali ke asal.

Sembari menghela nafas aku akan berkata:
    Pada tahun dan tahun yang lalu.
    Dua jalan bercabang pada sebuah papan.
    Aku menapaki yang jarang ditempuh orang.
    Dan hal itu telah mengubah segalanya.

11. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    untitled

I kept wondering: what was the point of my life right now? Sure I was happy with how things were going on, but it seems as the time went by, it became further apparent that I had no future all along. Or to rephrase it, my future was unclear. It has no set direction that I wanted to be, that's within reach.

Take it for example, I want to have my own set income without having to work my ass off, but I had no idea on how to start in the first place. If it has something which made me has to endure an influx of pain in order to progress, I don't know if I want to keep doing it. I don't want for things just to become a stepping stone.

It seem to contradict each other, that's why there's no progress at all.

No matter which path I took, there will be pain and frustration that awaits. I wish, at the very least, it can be something inside my bounds of control, rather than something causing me this much butterflies in the stomach. The further I looked past ahead, I went more and more confused—who the hell I want to become? I don't want to suffer and die in nothingness, yet I don't wish to be tortured by the necesseties of a successful man either, nor getting the suffering of both in the middle class.

My true wish is to have a fulfilling life of my own, by my efforts, without much of an effort. Something that is rather ridiculous to say. Who Am I to decide if the things I want actually merits less or more effort? Wouldn't it matter to focus more effort on stuff I truly want to achieve? Yet, my heart told me otherwise. It wasn't necessary to work your best in order to achieve something monumental—at times, the masterpiece only came when you're feeling lazy and weren't up to do anything.

Particularly the times when you're up to no good, doing nothing, not being productive at all—deep down you thought productivity was overrated anyway.

If the efforts didn't matter, why put on any effort in the first place? I guess when I was in the mood to put up an effort, like there was a longing for me to do so, I would gladly do it. Though, more often than not, it didn't came naturally to me. I wasn't born to remotely be an itty bit diligent. The emotions which came to me were those of being reclusive and taking less work outside my timetible, and doing even less and less work and more of nothingness.

Doing things that wasn't noteworthy in the first place.

Yet again, who am I to decide if it's actually noteworthy or not? Not even the standards of society would be able to judge it, if in the end, all of those seemingly useless activities actually led me towards a breakthrough like never before.

Even if there's a breakthrough, they and sometimes myself too, would refuse to acknowledge that all of these lazy time-wasting moments actually played a pivotal role during this step forward.

They said it was common sense. I knew full well, relying on it all the time wasn't the best course of action. Even if you're obliged to use it, doesn't mean it would yield you the best result. At least, it will make you look normal in this stupid charade, but being normal isn't really worth it for me, if you have to greatly suffer each day just to keep up the expectations of normalcy.

What about being weird though?

At least you could get away with rejecting people left and right, whilst normal people must have a particular reason.

That's it then, I'm going to start being a weird person today and I will make it my goal for life shortly enough.

12. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Untitled 2

I haven't been involved in something serious in these past few months. It seems like there's nothing that important happening in my life at all. These purposeful life seeps through into a den of nothingness throughout. Still, this is my choice to be freed out of as many obligations as possible. If this should be the cost of freedom, so be it. For now on, I shall put it to good use, by writing this.

I know, these free time and the joy of not having to do difficult tasks is only temporary, but I do wish that I will find something which utilize my greatest strengths in a way that can help me overcome those obstacles easily. I wasn't really up for challenges, I just want to enjoy it casually, without worrying about all the complicated stuff adults usually do.

Though, during this moment, I felt like there was something wrong, but I couldn't really put my finger over it. Might it be a kind of false positive, like I've been overthinking things when it's not really necessary? The normal solution to these was actually attempting to secure a shitty job in some random company who would definitely work you off like a disposable for a low pay.

That was some reassurement, indeed. As long you got money, you can stand to be treated like shit. I think it's one of the necessities to be a responsible adult, like what they said. Pride comes second, you better take opportuntiies while you can—they said again. Was that kind of security worth it, after all? Or was I just as timid as them to venture towards the world of unknown?

Let's just say, I had a clear idea of what I truly want to do, and I've done quite a lot of it in the past, yet at the same time, I really don't know what to do. It was purely meant as a way to spend some time and makes me feel bit fulfilled 'bout myself, but as for taking it all the way to make a living, I guess I got no other choice. It's probably the only thing I could do.

Forget about working a shitty job, I would be too honest with them to even pass out the interview and tests. I personally have issues from the superiors and colleagues who tried to stomp on my beliefs and ideals. I personally believe, that workplace is the ideal cultivation ground for rotten adults, and it's best for me to steer clear of them.

Well, to think about it, it's like I was saying that they weren't a human being.

No, it's not true. They are human beings, but I'm a fairy. I exist to ponder about life and its beauties, and most importantly, having fun.

I repeat once again, I can't work for obligation since I'm a fairy.

What is the proof that I'm a fairy, you ask?

I may refuse to tell the truth, but I cannot lie.

Although the words you hear may not always be the truth. Some things are far beyond your understanding.

Just like my decision refusing to understand the desire of people to work just for a hopeless life.

For a fairy like me, we think of our lives as beginning in one day, and ending the other day. We make peace with everything happening today, and make no burdens for our future self.

That's how I came to a conclusion.

Future isn't really necessary to look at. Even with all the plans set in motion, you'll never know what you're going to encounter.

You can still prepare your best by living each day instead of struggling through it, so when that time comes, your future self can take on anything the life gives.

That is, my wish for the future, if it may come.

13. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Untitled 3

Raining hard, I walked past the trees. I clutched that umbrella, weary with age. Its mechanisms broke easily during the swift wind. I didn't know where to go far during rain. It just makes me lazy to go out. Lazy to do anything outside.

I don't dislike rain, doesn't mean I like it either. Sure it's solemn and gives you the atmosphere to deeply think about how the world might be full of shit and the sky is crying at it. Well, that might mean the desert must be a really happy place since it hardly rains. During an entire year of drought, would that also be the happiest moment for the sky, because they never cried at all?

Does that mean the crops thrive in the tears of the sky? Does the derive enjoyment from seeing the skies crying? The plants that we and the animals ate, which in turn also became our food. If that's true, then it's really beneficial to make the sky cry for certain periods of time for it to be beneficial.

The Native American tribes once made them cry just by initiating a dance, don't know about creating artificial rain, but when you distributed waters and the temperature in a certain way, it's more likely for rain to happen. In spite of all that, I kinda want to talk about something else.

I guess there's a desire to me to shout to the entire world that I am the laziest bum on earth. I think I'd rather die than having to work out of obligation. I'd rather kill myself if I must be forced to work on terms I didn't like. You get the idea, my suicidal tendencies didn't die down even when the hell was already over and I actually managed to graduate.

Few months for now, when things didn't go well, I was thinking of, going the other route—to become a lot stronger. So that I didn't have to worry about having to work on things I dislike.

Maybe it was kind of a given, since maybe I couldn't die at all, no matter how much I yearned for it when I was desperate. It might be an even bigger blow to think that I might be immortal and my body possess life-regenerating capabilities.

I still don't know how to get that much power to free myself, once and for all, during this stage. I think, the moment I can be free at this point, it's safe to say, I most likely would be free forever.

I think, I had a terrible habit on focusing on things that I hated a lot and despising them as I wrote. Like there was no redeeming factor aside from that. I kinda think, that writing about thsoe happy things might actually be boring, so I stuck on something that actually might convey an important message deep down. What I really want to express, not just for others, but mostly for me, for it to rang louder and louder—until it was able to reach the depths of my heart.

When I think about work, my concepts and their concepts differed greatly. The more they forced their idea of work upon me, the more I grew to despise it. A lot of people talk about hard work, but I dislike that word in particular.

To say that they've been working hard, means that they do not have sincerity in their work. They deem approval by others as more important than enjoying their process of work. To me, the actual hard workers are those who were enjoy their work to the fullest, like it wasn't a job, but a way to enrich their own life, in whic they do, out of voluntary.

The ones that kept on blabbering about hard work makes me want to puke on their stupid faces. They think they're a cool adult by repeating what their mentors did, but to me, they look like carbon copies. They're no individual, they're no character.

It fills me up with disgust that they are adults yet they can't speak their own minds. Well, at least they can appear confident and gang up on everyone with differing opinions than them. After all, life is fair.

Sadly, they're human and I'm also human.

That's not even the saddest part of it. In all honesty, I wish everyone around me would be something with more interesting ideals. Though, maybe their ideals didn't really matter.

My ideals may not matter much also. Well, everything would just turn out as I want, when I was able to do something rather just blabbering about these stupid idealism all the time.

To sum it up, I may not be lazy.

I just don't force myself to do things I don't want to do.

When I want to do things, I do it right away instead of pondering wheter, what, how to do so.

I'm just very reluctant to do certain things I hate.

I do like the 'lazy' label though, definitely much better than being 'diligent'. As we know, all diligent people gets the least credit regardless of their enormous amount of work.

I'm serious.

...unless they work with people who actually appreciates their dedication, not just exploiters.

As for me, I'd just like to speak my mind in a discreet way.

Since, after all, one thing which makes my day much brighter, is when I was able to speak my whole mind, as brutally honest as possible.

14. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    now what

In the meantime, I might really had been taking these silence for granted. Everything was rather quiet; it's so pleasant to relax. Whatever things I did, was free of any kind of responsibilities. Yet, I assumed that everything I did must be the same as others—those uptight kind of busybody—always striving for excellence. In my mind, for the longest time; I always assumed its the only way life should be lived for. Truth couldn't be any further than that.

I was really scared of sudden changes, even when there's actually no changes. I was afraid being taken to places where it's so hard to even stretch my arms and gasp for breath. Everything which brought about motion, I viewed with eyes of disdain. Nothing of good would came from changes outside my own control, so I thought. The only thing should be looked forward to, was the changes I made from my own decisions. Yet, would life actually turned out exactly how I wanted to be? Sometimes yes, sometimes it doesn't.

As for now, I wished for these silence and freedom to last a lot longer. Now that I know the things I need to chase for, are things I can do while putting all the seriousness toward the open door and exhale all kinds of urgency inside my mind. That I don't actually need to compete with others to define my own worth. That the only thing that matters, is to enjoy my own life, even if there'd be no one walking beside me—since well—everyone was so hectic and busy. Their paces of life so high, they probably lost sight of what was like to relax yourselves.

While this might mean that my possiblities of becoming a somebody self-sufficient in the future would be reduced to nil, I would think otherwise. To me, this is the only path for me. Even if I couldn't be successful by doing this, I think it's alright if I could relax whatever I want and do things at my own pace—forever.

You know, I have read the life stories of someone successful. They barely had enough time for everything. Even with their mountains of riches and accomplishments, they wrote as if they couldn't enjoy any of it due to their ever-growing responsiblitiies. If that's what it was like to be successful, I don't want to be someone like them. I don't want my life to be decided by my schedules, I'd rather be a nobody as long as I could sleep and wake up whatever I feel like, as long as I could remove the concept of 'deadlines' outside my life forever.

If it's solely about money, I can somehow pull this through without having to work outside of my preferences, but I admit, it's mostly about money which brought about my distress. The best thing I could do about it, was to get my mind outside of it, thinking—money wasn't really important—you just have to focus on making your life the way you want it to be—it would just come by itself—like it has always been.

At the very least, I can cut off from my food spending.

Well, after everything was over, I might as well live my life in peace until I died.

One responsibility I don't really mind is about starting a family and raising children. I don't think of those as mandatory, but it can be something actually nice to have when the opportunity knocks the door.

Though as for romance itself, I didn't really care that much about it. I guess I liked the idea of being a father more than being a lover. The concept of a father had always been something important to me ever since long time ago.

Even if romance wasn't the top priority, I always wanted it to be with the perfect person, or starting this family might not be worthy at all.

When I was generally okay with being alone and self-sufficient, it might be even more pleasant if I had a family I cared about, an ever-growing family—the ones I could actually relate to.

Though, the most important thing right now, is to enjoy life and relax as much as possible. From there I could find the best opportunities and snatch upon it, which in turn would brought me closer towards the kind of life I wanted to live.

Until then, I'd be stretching my entire body and inhale fresh air as long as I could, hopefully it can last forever.

15. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    something that's on my mind after i finished watching Welcome to NHK

might contain major spoilers

So yeah, after watching the episodes of Welcome to NHK, I’ve been thinking about a lot of things. Mainly how I’ve never experienced before, how an anime show could ever impact my life like no other. Sure, there were quite a lot of them able to drive me to such emotional lengths, such as Clannad After Story, during the early days I started watching anime, then it was something along the lines of Mawaru Penguindrum, Angels Egg and even those who weren’t usually heartfelt like One Punch Man, especially during the scenes with Mumen Rider.

One of the main reasons why those series brought me emotional impact was mainly about the characters. How I wanted to root for them and how their trials and tribulations affected me in such a way that all of these emotional moments, I just couldn’t stop them from overflowing. Yet, it didn’t necessarily felt like I was becoming a better person. I was just someone horrible like I used to, I was just lucky that I had the chance to watch such great shows.

All of it was just taken for granted, that all of these shows were there just for the sake of entertainment—none of them were going to change my life or to point out things on where I did go wrong. That’s before I watched Welcome to NHK. It can be said, that those unique experiences were more or less due to similarities in the main character and myself. After finishing my studies at the University, I left with no desire to work—not to even feed myself or feeling some sense of obligation whatsoever.

To put it simply, I felt really lazy to do anything, and I felt like I didn’t deserve to work in any job because I believe I was basically a good-for-nothing. Watching the entire show, from the start to finish, brought about that unique experience, since I got to see the main character’s growth as he struggled to get out of the cycle of him being a NEET—often ended up in painful consequences. Though, the best part about it, which made me really deem of it as a masterpiece, was about the story’s conclusion. Simply put, it was the most powerful way I’ve witnessed, how they concluded such beautiful turn of events.

The conclusion, albeit simple, tore down the ideals I believe in, that it might be better if working wasn’t really mandatory, that we could work to actualize ourselves like a hobby, rather than a necessity.

Turns out, the show gave me a totally different answer. It gave me a wake-up call, saying: you can only blurt out such bullshit since you’ve basically lived your entire life in luxury. You didn’t ever have to work a single day in your life to attain those bare minimum of necessities. For those who had to work, unless they starve to death, a life like that could be considered luxurious.

In short, I was being a NEET since I took my luxurious living for granted. If everyone stops providing for me, and I was left with no resolve to fight on, I couldn’t possibly imagine what kind of nightmares would befall me. Though, if I were really hungry and I desperately need something to cover up for my palate, or more over, lend me a shelter and clothing, I would most likely found a job by now, and I knew I would work my hardest just to survive, instead of taking everything with a grain of salt.

Though, was it really necessary for people to starve to death first before starting to work? You know, when I asked someone about their motivation to work, he said something about providing for his family. It wasn’t for his sake at all, but for others. In Welcome to NHK, the main character simply stopped being a shut-in and worked due to escape his hunger.

I wonder, if it’s the conscience of being a working adult, of being able to provide for themselves, made them want to provide to others, particularly their own family. It might be out of responsibility’s sake. The other party might have died if they couldn’t provide for them. I think I was taken this concept for granted far too many times. When it’s actually someone else who worked their hardest so I could actually live a comfortable life.

My ungrateful self always viewed these as something extremely selfish called ‘The Law That Attracts’. When I desired something, it will come to me, as if the entire world was centered at me. How much further away could it be from the truth, and how much had I been deceived by it? Yet, I refused to raise my face towards reality because I was afraid of working hard and trying my best.
    I was really afraid of putting myself into a lot of stress. Not knowing, that there can actually be moderation instead of living in the extremes like I always did.

Which in turn result in a continuous stream of disappointment in my life, which came from setting targets too high and ambitions to large when I haven’t even finished my own baby steps. Which brought me closer and closer towards delusion, and in the end, it returned me back towards the stress and frustration I had always wanted to avoid.

Maybe it’s pretty ironic, after all. In this life, there’s most likely a lot of more mysteries which never really crossed my mind, since the entire time, I was blind to the things that were most important.

Taking this long trip had slowly but surely, opened my eyes toward the brighter side which live can be, and I’m grateful for that.

16. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    The Conspiracy of NEET – A Dark Side

Not everyone is good natured inside. When having to face a fight-or-flight decision, one might resort to things that were considered morally bankrupt. Escaping their hardships of life with a short-term option, with the passion of living in the present. They convicted crimes that they would normally think to be awful and demonic, but for them who did it, those things were just a matter of circumstance forced upon them.

Hence, there's a belief that: this world is unfair due to circumstances we was born in, the lack of talents and the disparaged character we were forged onto due to environment. Everyone got all but not you. Everyone has all, except you.
    Hence, you thought you should be given more privilege, not them. If you had them, you would promise you would be hard at work and do great things to this world. Because you had nothing, you didn't have the responsibility to do anything, you would just wait until your time was basically up.

Some NEETs probably thought about this. They would live as free as they would like until circumstances prohibit them from doing so. When the judgment day came, which was the point where their family started urging them to work and eventually stopped sending allowance money for their basic necessities—it would trigger various things in which I had in mind.

The most positive one I described while I was watching the anime: Welcome to NHK. Due to lack of money and immediate starvation, a NEET mustered its courage to find a meager work on his own. Got accepted on a job and managed to do well in life, eventually. That is, for me, one of the most positive side where a NEET would recover on their own.

The second thing was the support of friends, family—basically everyone who would help the NEET get out of his misery by dragging him out and watching over him until he was able to stand out by himself. The case was somehow true for me, when I nearly resolved to dropping out from University a few times, until I somehow actually able to graduate and back to doing nothing again. It might be effective or not depending on the approach, in my case, I would just get back on being a NEET whenever I got the chance.

Two of them were the positive things in which I had in mind. For the negative ones, let just say, the NEET basically lacked the ability to perform even the menial amount of work. It might be one of the special exception thing of case studies, but let's imagine someone with such clumsy fingers who could only do things dexterously in front of computer, and that was limited to video games?

Add that with the environment not welcoming to incompetent workers, and not knowing mercy to those who were really starving. Add that with the shyness and pride of the certain NEET who were clumsy, a kind of combination of circumstances which most likely be downright suicidal.

The person who were clumsy enough applied for a job, and happen to encounter few shops which downright rejected him without paying a heed to his condition. Finally got a meal out of mercy, but got outright called a trash by the owner due to his inability to even do any job properly. The owner told him to die in a street and beat him up horribly.

With that kind of thing possible to happen, the wreckage of morale without anyone to support him might actually lead to suicide. Can't say it was either one's fault since you couldn't expect everyone to be kind, even though schools teach that, even the teachers couldn't walk their own talk. An act of kindness could also be treated as a torture in the eyes of other.

That was the case for the NEET who were further away from all support, be it friends or family. If they were actually close enough, it might turn into crime. Like stealing the belongings of a friend and family members, or actually attempting murder if it doesn't work.

All to get money, or even just to make them shut up and stop criticizing their way of living.

Being criticized can be painful and really annoying. That's why I don't really listen to anything that isn't convenient for me. A lot of people, mostly family members, won't listen to anything else when they criticize you—they expect you just to listen and do their bidding. In my case, I'll just nod, while in my head I would just make do so they would finish their lectures quickly.

At the very least, I could justify criticism more like an honest opinion. When you're asked of it, you give it, or when you deem it necessary. Or else I won't bother to mutter my thoughts, especially if the other party wouldn't listen anyway. If they want me to listen, I will tell them things I'm interested in and make them talk about it, but if they didn't want to talk, it's okay, they don't always have to talk to me every time.

Sometimes my words would also appear as hurtful to the other party. I don't like to sugarcoat things, especially if it could make me avoid things I dislike. I was very particular about my likes and dislikes, thinking, if I could make a choice which would let me in some of the best things for me, it would make my life much more pleasant.

Otherwise, if I let myself be a number two just to please others, I think it would just be similar to giving fake compliments, and all those hurtful things I said, it actually wouldn't be as painful as knowing that those compliments you received in the past were actually a lie.

I just thought, before I tried helping others, I must focus on myself. That was the only way I could possibly walk out of my cage of self-pity, onto the path of glory.

I just wished there would be no one to push me around when I didn't want to.

Let me walk outside that bound when I'm finally ready.

17. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    just a draft to a story i didn't feel like finishing

The Magical Girl is a Lolicon

In the year 20XX, in the city of Takehara, lived a man by the name of Frank Ishihara. He was a 27 year old university graduate, who still struggled to find a job for 2 years. The reason for his struggle was his own laziness. It took about 7 years for him to graduate because he kept slacking off in his study, and he was on the verge of dropping out quite few times.

Due to a strange miracle, Frank Ishihara finally got his thesis accepted and he was able to graduate—that was 2 years ago though. After everything was done, he returned to his life of doing nothing productive—mainly playing games, watching anime, reading manga—stuff like that. His good internet friend Ken-san Walter Samejima-kun-chan often teased him as having a natural talent to be a NEET.

Nowadays, Frank was quite desperate to find a job. Due to the ultimatum from his mother—go find a job or go home to his hometown Datte Bay. To continue putting the pressure on, his mom would discontinue his allowance within two weeks of time regardless of him finding a job or not. So it couldn't just be that imaginary part-time work he always told stories to his mom at.

During one of the many phone calls of his mother's nagging, very recently, Frank's mom was really angry due to Frank not having an actual job, thing that actually able to pay his living expenses. Even if at first she's really happy her good -for-nothing son finally graduated, now she was really tired of financing him, especially being the eldest son after all. His little sister already married to a wealthy businessman and his mother was really looking forward to retire anytime soon.

Actually, one of the things that his mom wanted was for him to actually get a girlfriend, but unfortunately, he was really reclusive to social interactions in real life. Even during his university years he hasn't made a single friend at all. Even in his internet socializing, his friends were few, though he made few good friends he could count on any time, even if he never met up with them in real life.

Getting back to Frank's job, he actually paid no effort to searching for them. He just laid in bed and prayed to some unknown god, that he would get the work destined for him. Frank always hated the usual portrayal of a job. Being in a cubicle, for the rest of your life working insignificantly, tearing your heart and soul apart just to survive a monotonous life.

It was one day when Frank received a mail in his inbox.

The sender is named 'A Certain God', with the subject 'You rang?'

"I helped you once before, so you could actually graduate. I'm going to help you again. I'll give you a job that's quite fitting, though the case—it might be difficult but I promise you, things will always be exciting. Do not reply this email for a Yes."

Frank thought, the thing was to good to be true. He didn't reply anyway.

After he waited for about 3 days, a magical girl appeared out of blue in his room.

It was a crimson-clad woman akin to a devil.

Her name was the thing Frank always muttered in his delusions, about him wanting her to take him away from his empty world.

Levina.

She came to Frank, asking for a favor he couldn't refuse. He wanted to stay in Takehara, far away from his parents, rather than having to work in the family store every day. He also thought, well, an offer from a girl this cute couldn't be all that bad, right?

"You're the only one who can help me."

Due to his inexperience with women, Frank blushed heavily as she muttered one of those cliche' lines. There was the cue on Frank's job to introduce Levina into human society.

"I'm not really good at these though, I was really reclusive and I don't know much about current happenings. I most likely would look weird in the eyes of most people."

"It's okay, if it's you, I know we can do it."

Little did Frank know that he was due to his social reclusiveness, coupled with his naive attitude and childish demeanor, of wanting to play all day, avoiding responsibilities, relying on his parents on top of that.

Even being childish, Frank has the common sense of an adult and he knew how to keep his mouth shut. His laziness was also a godsend for Levina to tempt him further into a some kind of illegal business. It's easy for Frank to get along with someone who could give what he yearned.

During Levina's introduction, she would play the role of Frank's cousin who lived in next door of his apartment. For some mysterious reason, his neighbor was kicked out a week prior but Frank didn't seem to notice it. He thought all the neighbors around him were nonexistent and just came and went by like the wind.

Frank would tell her a little bit about the city and how the people around him act. He took her to his usual hang out places and the shopping mall he sometimes went to. After Levina grew up his trust in Frank, she revealed her true intentions.

"It seems the human society was the same as what leader explained. I'm grateful for your assistance."

Levina asked Frank to be his cover during her mission to collect the youthful spirits of children using her magic. The spirit who would soon go away due to the harsh reality of life. Rather than letting it go waste, it'd be better to take it away, she said.

The spirit would be used as a base for it to be mass-produced into blood-colored substance, which was a hit to wealthy businessman who yearned for youth but couldn't due so because of the law forbids it.

It sold for high prices and was a profitable black market business run by her kind. So it warrants the thick wad of bill given to Frank during their first meeting.

Since Levina still couldn't use the computer, Frank looked up some jobs for her which matched her description. A home tutor for troublesome children. Frank also took her towards the student's location since she was unfamiliar with using public transports, even if Frank himself didn't go out much.

At least Frank was motivated due to being relied on a cute girl and also there's already quite lots of money up front. Although when faced by the issues of his mother calling back, he didn't know what excuse he had if it was some illegal job. Levina just cast a spell on Frank's vocal cords which would made his mother believe any kind of bull he's muttering.

Actually, Frank told his mom he was getting a decent amount of job from an internet friend. It was a pharmacy business start-up in his city and he's helping an employee to get used to the city. Wasn't really a lie but could be far from the actual truth.

Getting back to the thing about gathering youthful spirit, when Frank first took Levina to a troublesome student's place, the kids were really rowdy, but they calmed down once Levina took them in a small room alone and drained something out of them. Frank watched this while he was turned invisible by Levina's spell, and she also used her magic to make him could walk through walls and made no sound.

After Levina drained the youthful spirit, the rowdy kid who troubled their parents turned docile and obedient. After receiving generous payment from the parents, Levina erased all of their memories and returned their cash back to them. She said to Frank on how it was a good deal, it removed troublesome traits from children, making parents happy, the businessman happy.

Not to mention, Frank couldn't be in any happier condition due to the amount of cash he's getting. As for Levina, she also got much larger share, but that wasn't the case of her happiness.

She simply loved devouring children.

That magical girl known as Levina is a lolicon.

18. Aries44 Members

Silent Reader

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    wwkwkw keren-keren ceritanya, kayak pernah liat dimana gitu ceritanya ???

19. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    segala kemiripan dengan sesuatu yg ada hanyalah suatu kebetulan yg tidak disengaja :hihi:

20. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    just a subjective thought about enjoying stories

What is a good story?

The more I wished to talk about it, the more pretentious I thought I'd be. Simply put, as a casual viewer, a good story is something that I can enjoy from the beginning to end. It's a story I'm genuinely interested in, and would traverse through it without having to push myself to continue the story.

Maybe it's kind of difficult to put, since a few excellent stories weren't all that interesting at first and it's quite difficult to get onto, but once you've managed to get through that, you'll be gifted with something amazing. Though, most of time I wasn't that patient. I just want something I can easily appreciate. If I can't get into it, maybe it's not for me. There are a lot of stories out there, if things ain't compatible, I can just find something I enjoy.

As an Author though, my options were actually very limited, as opposed to the idea of being an Author means absolute freedom over the kind of stories you can write. I thought of it as the ultimate myth of that profession. For me, being an Author was more like, finding a very peculiar kind of story that I can write most comfortably, and keep constraining the elements that made it interesting according to my own tastes.

Due to this style of approach, the kind of things I wrote were fairly limited. More often than not, it was just that stuff over and over--I got bored of mu own writings fairly quick.

Once in a while, I thought, it may not hurt to just experiment a bit on how to make the things I wrote interesting for myself. I wasn't actually aiming to be a pro, I just want to write for amusement, and I want to do a great job at it. For writing to be a hobby in between my daily activities, that's perfect to blow off some steam and have fun.

Even after so many years of writing, I still couldn't find the formula to write the kind of story that I wanted. That aside, for the longest time, I was inspired from the story of RPG games, to the point I dreamed of being a storywriter of one. The things I played recently was a weird game of the same kind and the novel I read also had a fantasy RPG element. I wonder what kind of stuff made that genre so interesting to me?

Though, to be honest. When I took a glance of stories in western-medieval fantasy setting, I wasn't really too impressed on it. The things I was inspired by were mainly RPG games made by Japanese developers and the story I read was made by a Japanese Author about their style of RPG. What I loved about them was how they made it simple and easy to pick up. They didn't use a lot of difficult words and descriptions, more on the action, the story and the characters with their dialogues.

To be honest, reading things with too much descriptions kinda killed my imagination. When I saw things written in a way I dislike, I would drop that story even though it probably can be a good one. Not just limited to written works, if the story was told in a way that's off-putting, it can be discouraging for me to keep watching.

Though, when I got a hunch that it might be good, I ended up enjoying it anyway.

Oh well. Maybe a good story depends on how you wish to enjoy it.

21. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    i wrote it this morning. just an attempt of a ln-styled writing

maybe will continue it or not

A certain young man woke from his slumber, ending up realizing he woke up in a completely different place from where he slept. He lived in a modest apartment, with room a bit messy. The last thing he remembered was about how he didn't seem able to get a part-time job for the maid figurine he wanted.

"It was quite strange." he thought, "Why would a good-for-nothing like me ended up in a place like this anyway? There must be something amiss."

Before he could figure out anything. Someone knocked on his door, it was a voice of a young woman around his age, but her tone was rather befitting of someone much older.

"Young master, it's time for you to wake up."

He wasn't that sleepy anymore, due to this sudden turn of events. Realizing his hunger and the current time on the clock, it might be breakfast.

"Coming."

He turned the doorknob to find a cute maid with short black hair and glasses. She had a shapely figure, although not that curvy to the point of being lewd. The maid stared at him with a serious look.

"My goodness! Please change from your pajamas before we head on for breakfast!"

"...wait, Ms. Maid, it's all too sudden for me, may I ask—how did I get here anyway?"

"What are you talking about, young master Shuu? You had school today, so please hurry up and prepare!"

Xxx

That's right, my name is Shuu.

Wait, how the hell did she knew my name?

School? I thought i already graduated University, although with mediocre grades. I currently live.d a leisurely life as a NEET but my pocket money kept decreasing as my family annoyingly persuaded me to find work.

As I glanced at myself in the mirror, I thought I looked a bit too young for that age.

"Anyway, I'd be right back after I've done changing, so you can just rest easy Ms. Maid--"

"Lily."

"Huh?"

"My name. I-I'll be attending the same school as you, so please call me that. I'd prefer if you use my name instead of just Ms. Maid..."

Huh? What's with this change in personality, is this what they call gap moe?

While I was busy staring at her antics though:

"Hurry up and get changed already! Do you want me to strip you and change your clothes instead?"

Normally it would be a good thing being stripped by a girl as cute as her but in this circumstance she looks so scary.

"Gyaaaah!"

I changed to a silly looking uniform you would usually found at anime. The design was quite fitting for a school for rich kids though. I glanced a bit at the guidebook. The school starts at 8 AM, ends at 2.30 PM with half an hour lunch break at 12 AM.

Judging from my spacious room alone, I reckon this place would be so huge I'd get lost in it—something like a mansion. Actually—it's just a two story house with expensive furnishing. The only person I've seen so far was just Lily. My room took the entire second floor, and though the house was rather spacious for its kind, the contrast was just, I don't know.

Lily's room was in the first floor. It was quite the comfortable size. She wasn't that shy on showing her room, but still, it looked so suspiciously plain. Most likely she's hiding a lot of incriminating things under her bed or behind her cupboards.

The breakfast today was rather unusual for mansion dwellers—it's just a ham sandwich with tons of salad and a glass of milk. The meal was really delicious though, befitting of a high-class mansion, or so she would like to call this place.

I noticed the clock: it was 7 AM.

"Lily, how far was school from here?"

"Just few minutes of bicycle ride, young master. Today''s the entrance ceremony for us first years, so it's best we leave early."

"Why so?"

"Not many people around when we get there. Besides, the air is nice during these hours."

"Which reminds me, are you going to school in that maid outfit?"

"O-of course not! I already finished everything except eating breakfast. Lookie here..."

She undid the ribbon on her back and it completely stripped her maid outfit bare, beneath that was the girls' uniform of the school, all with the socks and neatly placed front ribbon.

I knew she wasn't exactly stripping, but to take off her clothes so casually in front of me--I really have no idea how to jab at her.

As I exited the house, Lily locked the front door. Compared to the houses around us, ours was rather titanic and also had quite the bountiful yard. There's fresh fruits appropriate for the spring season.

"Not yet, young master. Let's wait until we get home. Since we'll go home early during the entrance ceremony day and the first week, I'll make you a fruit juice when we get back."

Now that you mention it, back in my old life, the only ones who would do similar things to me was my mother. Waking me up in the morning, cooking meals and feeding me healthy treats. When I lived on my own, at first I started to just consume junk foods, but later I learned how to cook and better my condition after I got out from the hospital due to my eating habits.

"Lily. Speaking of which, where's my mom and dad? This house didn't have enough rooms for them to live in."

"Ahem, young master, if you still remember, they live in the main mainsion. It's about two hours of car ride from here. We have many young maids in the mansion, but I was personally selected to accompany you since we're the only ones of similar age and attended the same school. We moved here since it was closer."

"I see."

"By the way, young master, do you know how to ride a bike? Or did I have to pedal with you in the back?"

"Well, I've ridden a bike a bit since grade school.".

"Really? You told me you've just starting to practice with it during your summer vacation of third year middle school."

"In any case, I'm fine with riding on my own, alright?"

"If you say so, young master." she chuckled as if expecting this just for me acting cool and ended up failing, but as soon as I tried to pedal around the courtyard with ease, she stopped underestimating me.

In my old world, I traveled to places around using the bicycle, but if i could walk shortly to it, I'd rather walk. Still, her impression of me was different than how I actually am.

What if...

Well, let's just wait and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.