1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

Recs: thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'Dear Diary' started by Recs, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recs Veteran

Post Hunter

Ratings:
    +7,260 / -0
    OK, so I'm not a man who likes to tell others what i've been doing like in your 'normal diary' (I don't see why you should be interested in my boring activities as i'm not a public figure / somebody famous), but mostly I will write down my views about certain things... Anything i'm interested about; from music, language, games, food, maybe even some 'serious' things like political views, death, etc...

If somehow someone wants to leave a comment... take it to my PM and I'll quote it here and give you a reply, don't post it directly here.

So...uh, enjoy reading~

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. Recs Veteran

Post Hunter

Ratings:
    +7,260 / -0
    Ron Sexsmith's lyrics

How did he write it?
    - Ron Sexsmith and his lyrics -

[​IMG]

I'm guessing most of you'll be wondering,"who the hell is Ron Sexsmith?", well one thing for sure: he's not Eric Clapton or any other world-famous singer-songwriter out there.

Ron came from Canada, besides that and the fact that he writes some very inspiring lyrics... I don't know much else about the guy.

Okay... maybe a little more about him: Ron's career's been running for about nearly 20 years, he started from the year '90 - '91. With already many albums and great songs his sales really didn't do him justice.

Some magazine interviewed Ron about this fact:
    Ron responded:
    But anyway... enough with the background check and back to business.

As I stated before, Ron's lyrics are very inspiring (for _me_ at least...), his music in general is a gem itself but I will focus on his lyrics this time.

First from his well-known song, Secret Heart. This song has been covered by many famous musicians like Rod Stewart and Feist.

This song is about a man (or woman- gender doesn't really matter IMO) who's afraid of showing his feelings to someone he loves. Maybe because he's afraid of being rejected, hurt, etc.

It may sound simple and easy to creat a lyric based on this 'story', but it's just not about the story... more than that it's about the way his lyric 'sends' the message. For starters... I won't even think about the word 'Secret Heart' as a keyword if somebody told me to write a song about that~

So... before Joker sends out a famous quote "Why So seriousss???" in the latest Batman movie, it seems like Ron already used it in his lyric back in '95.

The best part of the song. While it seems confusing, it's pretty simple: a human mind doesn't go one way, one way he could be thinking about letting the woman he loves know his feelings, the other way is another part of him that's afraid of what will happen once she knows his feelings.

So the 'message' from this song is obvious in the last part. "don't hesitate any longer and just let her in your heart".

Some other Ron Sexsmith's songs with great lyric in it:
    The best line in this song:
    And one song about "not giving up coz there's always hope":
    This part really gets to me:
    Most of his other songs are written beautifully too.

Great lyrics with honest and inspiring words. Not many musicians were born with it.

Thank you for your music Ron.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. Recs Veteran

Post Hunter

Ratings:
    +7,260 / -0
    Hero

download... too... slow...

oh well, back to writing this dairy... errr diary? no? 'journal'.

a Hero

[​IMG]
    Achilles - A Greek Hero

That's the wiki talkin' ... now for my own definition of a 'Hero'.

A Hero in my view is a figure/character (be it real or not) that one adores, admires, look up to, and seek answer to. For me, my Hero is -at one point- a figure that I look up to and seek to become, -at this point of my life- my Hero is a figure that brings inspiration and motivation / courage.

Childhood Heroes
    Childhood heroes played a more.... 'fantasy' role in life, when you're still too young to understand that you can't pass through walls, can't break a mountain with your fists, can't jump 30 feet high, etc2....

[​IMG]
    Spider-man - One of my childhood Hero

Characters such as Spider-man, Ksatria Baja Hitam (no, i didn't know the term 'Kamen Rider' that time), Ultraman, Gabriel Batistuta, and Paolo Maldini are some of my childhood Heroes. In this point in life I really - really think that I can be exactly like my Heroes.

Trying to climb walls like Spidey, Pose a little and then yelled 'BERUBAH' just like 'Ksatria Baja Hitam', etc2.... As I grow older, I started to treat real people as my Hero, in my times as an elementary school kid: Gabriel Batistuta the famous Fiorentina Striker is my hero.... Very strong kick, Full of determination, etc... I even practised shooting everyday just to become like him that time.

[​IMG]
    Jens Lekman - my Hero and musical inspiration

Those childhood heroes stopped being heroes as i grew older. In my teenage days I don't have any Hero (maybe that's why they call teenage is the 'rebellious' stage of your life~).

As my interest and way of life became more and more focused towards music, it's no surprise that some musicians ara labelled 'my personal Hero'.

Ron Sexsmith, Jens Lekman (not to be confused with The Footballer Jens Lehmann~), Sondre Lerche, and Queen are my music Hero. The term 'Hero' changes now, I won't try to be exactly like them and copy their style like I did with my childhood heroes; they are an inspiration and admiration. How their music became a motivational boost for me to start my own musical career, how their songs brings peace in my heart and a smile on my face...

Basically that's me~ I don't have any 'fictional character' Hero anymore, but some of you may still have (no problem with that). Some people even treat the person close to them as their 'Hero'- their Father, their Spouse, their Grandmother, etc....

Okaaaaay- So...

Who's your Hero(es) and how do they affect your life?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  5. Recs Veteran

Post Hunter

Ratings:
    +7,260 / -0
    Curiosity killed the cat

As human beings each of us has a flaw (or advantage?) called curiosity.

What exactly is curiosity? well if you're one of mr.wiki's fan then go ahead and read:
    Okaaa~y need a simpler definition? well curiosity is the thing that's driven you to say,"how to do that?" or "what is this?" or "what is he doing?" or even "where can you buy really reaaallly cheap p*rn?". Or make you do some things like investigating your husband whether he's cheating on you, or ask your kids why the need so much money only to buy some 'snacks', etc....

Errrr, maybe some of you're starting to think I have something against curiosity, well... not really, you see many good things can come out of curiosity. All of the inventors out there clearly need curiosity to invent things~

That's why i'm gonna go yapping about curiosity that kills... at least a cat died (well it's only a proverb, so no real cat died in the process of writing this journal).

People usually are aware of their 'curiosity that kills', an example when you pick up a wallet. When there's no cash or anything valuable in there this kind of curiosity won't show itself. But when there's LOTS of cash in there, your curiosity starts to steer your brain to enter the 'dangerous path'. Maybe you'll start to think,"wow, that's a LOT of cash", "maybe if I take a few and then when I give it back to him, he won't notice", or even,"I'm rather short on cash... thank God":haha:

That's a simple reason with an easy answer... In life there will be times where it's hard to figure which curiosity can kill you and which won't (believe me~).

maybe you're curious whether your girlfriend's playing around behind your back
    maybe you're curious about your boss' secret
    maybe you're curious about your lover's past
    etc
    etc
    e t c

Some things should be left alone....

Ignorance is a bliss
    Curiosity Killed the cat

No need to feel obliged to know everything because everything is endless while your life's just like a pixel in an endlessly long pic of a longcat:ngacir:

source: just search for 'Curiosity killed the cat'.

6. Recs Veteran

Post Hunter

Ratings:
    +7,260 / -0
    A long-lost letter from a long-lost friend.

Ever written a letter?

I mean, a real letter where you write to someone and send it by mail?

Well, writing a letter's surely not something popular these days, especially for younger generation. Technology sure makes it easier to communicate with other people.

OK, back to the letter 'thing'~

The first time I wrote a letter was in .... '97. A letter to my penpal.

She sent me a letter 5 pages long, beautifully hand-written, and in a 'Hallmark' paper-envelope package, with some stickers of encouraging words like 'faith', 'perseverence', etc. And my letter to her was elementary-ish handwriting, complete with cheap paper torn from my cheap book, and of course.... the cheapest envelope they sell at the post office :nongol:

It's amazing how people can be very open about their life in a letter. She wrote many things that you don't normally tell anybody you've only seen once in your life. Of course, I did write her many of my experience, hope, and fear.

We wrote each other letters for about 7 years, until one day both of us forgot to write back (errr maybe i'm the one who forgot~)

Remembering those days surely brings back memories. Letters do have power, like how waiting for a letter taught you the 'art of being patient', how writing a letter taught you the art of 'sweating buckets thinking of a good thing to write', how reading a letter taught you the art of 'read it at least 3 times in a row, coz once is never enough'.

"5 handwritten pages just to tell you're doing good and hoping the person you wrote the same 'good' condition" is certainly not practical, but it's good.

As someone born in 80's, i must say 'goodbye' and 'thank you' to some things that's no longer 'required' in this modern days.
    Goodbye Pager
    Goodbye Public Phone
    Goodbye Atari, Nintendo, and SNES
    Goodbye the 'times when you don't own a cellphone's not a crime'
    and...
    Goodbye Letters.

to my long-lost friend: "I still remember the first time I met you at that cruiser"
    ps: sorry if my old man was acting like an a** by teasing you.:panda:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  7. Recs Veteran

Post Hunter

Ratings:
    +7,260 / -0
    Your Dream

So you got any dream? then go for it. just. do. it.

Most people who claims their dream are out of their reach are those who never DID TRY, or those that didn't try hard enough.

Have you already tried your best? maybe up 'til now you're half-a**ing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.