1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

Cerpen The Loved Ones (English Short Story)

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by likefatmike, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likefatmike Members

Silent Reader

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Dear all, mohon input dan kritik dari para suhu disini yaa.. Cerpen ini dan postingan seterusnya dari saya merupakan tugas kuliah creative writing, grammar-nya kalau ada kesalahan mohon di maafkan, karena emang nggak di cek..

It was a nice warm day when Dendi, probably at his mid-20s, had a great plan for the day and tried to make it happened. He wore black leather motorcycle jacket with red stripe on the chest, white shirt, dark blue jeans and a pair of gray converse shoes. It was easy to recognize him as he had a Mohawk dark brown hair and brown eyes. The bike’s key was on and he was ready to ignite it until he realized that he forgot of something.

“Jamie, I forgot my wallet! Can you please throw it to me? It’s in front of the TV.” Dendi looked up and yelled to the opened window on the 2nd floor.

“Okay I got it!” The roommate threw the wallet and Dendi caught it precisely.

“Thanks mate!” Dendi said and start to ignite the bike.

“Good luck and have a great day, mate” His friend smiled and waved at him.

After 30 minutes, Dendi was already on his bike heading to his first stop, a florist shop. He arrived and quickly entered the shop.

"Hi, I would like to take my package.” He looked at the florist.

“What’s your name sir?” The florist asked.

“My name is Dendi. I already book and paid an order for a bouquet of pink carnation.” He answered.

“Oh okay, we have already prepare it for you Sir. And you are absolutely on time.” The florist smiled at him and handed the bouquet of pink carnation.
    Dendi smiled back and thanked her but resisted to ask for her private phone number even though it crossed quickly on his mind. The florist was a girl that looked younger than him, with long black hair, straight nose, dark black bright eyes, and voice that gave peace.

“I have a bigger and important else to do and shouldn’t be distracted with her.” His consciousness pushed him further away from her.

It had been 30 days since the last time he met with someone very special in his life. Dendi worked every day as a bartender to make ends meet so he hardly had more time to spend with the most beautiful woman in his life. He could only meet her once in a month. The woman was the most important person in Dendi’s life and no other could replace her. That day was her birthday, so he was trying to bring a small gift to surprise her.

“Oh shit!” Dendi felt something wrong with the bike. It stopped suddenly. “I’m going to be so ******* late!” He screamed at heart. Quickly he pushed his bike to the nearest bike shop.

“Excuse me; can you please check my bike? I’m not sure what’s wrong but it stopped suddenly and I tried to ignite it but it won’t start. Maybe it was the battery?” He took off his jacket as he was sweating while pushing his bike and now his shirt was wet.

“Sure, give me few minutes to check it out.” The mechanic grabbed the bike and pulled it in to his garage. After a few minutes the mechanic said to him “Dude, your battery was drained out. I’m recharging it now. Please wait for an hour so it will be filled up.”

“Oh no, I don’t have an hour. Let’s make it 15 minutes.” Dendi looked to the mechanic.

“At least 30 minutes, dude.” The mechanic tried to reassure him.

Dendi always met the woman of his life at the same time every 30th day. So he was very frustrated that he would not be on time. He really didn’t want to make her waited long. That day, he would already be late for more than an hour if he waited for another 30 minutes. After 15 minutes Dendi argued with the mechanic as he was in hurry so he asked the mechanic to stop recharging the battery. He then quickly ignited his bike and rode as fast as he could to the woman’s house.

Finally, Dendi arrived at the woman’s house. He stopped the engine and parked his bike. He could see clearly from the distance, the woman he love, was sitting on a chair at the porch of the house. Her white medium greyish hair blew by the soft wind. He could see her shady eyes gazed upon the blue sky. “She took my breath away.” Dendi relieved to see her. But Dendi realized something was not right as tears dropped from her eyes, so he ran quickly toward her.

“Happy birthday Mom, I love you and hope you will always be healthy and strong. I’m very sorry to keep you waiting. I am late because my bike was broken.” Dendi kneeled to his mother and hold her hands. But his mother didn’t say a word. “Mom, are you okay? Why are you crying?” Dendi asked.

“I love you son. Thank you for taking care of me for the past few years. I hope you have a great journey ahead.” She whispered.
    Suddenly Dendi was shocked with a bright blinding light, but yet he felt warmth in it. He tried to hug and hold her Mother to protect her for what was coming, but he couldn’t. He was not able to touch her. It was an empty space.

30 minutes earlier at Dendi’s rented place, Jamie was shocked hearing the news about his friend. The police said that Dendi went so fast on the highway and tried to precede a truck from the left but the truck driver didn’t look at the mirror when at the same time was taking a left turn. His bike crashed and scattered while Dendi was thrown away for more than 26 meters. Unfortunately, the paramedics couldn’t save him and he gave his last breath while passing his mother’s house on the way to the hospital.

2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    cukup menghibur, english nya jg mayan bagus. ceritanya bisa dimengerti sih, cuman endingnya, gimana yah, ada beberapa hal yang ngeganjel di gw. :???:

kenapa mesti ketemu pas tanggal 30? 'kan dia bisa ngejenguk lebih sering lagi (mc dideskripsikan sbg sayang nyokap) trus cuman mampir sekali sebulan? apalagi karena kondisi nyokapnya rada lemah gitu, ya gw geleng2 kepala juga sih.

trus yang mati di akhir2 itu siapa toh? kok kayaknya jadi gak jelas banget di bagian akhir. gw gak gitu ngerti juga kenapa langsung loncat ke ending 'mati' gitu, ya suka2 situ sih :ngacir:

gw pribadi gak perlu pake twist roller coaster gitu. kayak si mc ketemu ibunya dan sekedar flashback sejenak sebelum akhirnya tamat buat gw bakal jadi lebih solid ceritanya. well, nice try nonetheless.

well, jangan terlalu diambil hati, ini sekedar komentar dari nubi aja, kalo gw sendiri nulis pk english juga gak bagus2 amat kok.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  4. Bocilan Members

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Bagus gan. lumayan kena di hati. ditulis dalam bahasa inggris jadi lebih menarik, tapi kalo menurutku misal ini ditulis ke bahasa indonesia mungkin jadi agak kurang menarik karena plotnya menurutku biasa. tapi over all mantap!
    tapi ane bukan cuma orang awam sih gan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.