1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

OriFic They say "we could never EVER forget our first true love"

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by venron, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venron Members

Silent Reader

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    My story

Just a simple yet complicated story I wrote (or experienced?)​

dan about title, masih blom nemu title yg bagus jadi pake itu dulu :facepalm:

“Mom I told you I'm not going to that stupid camp.”
    “And I told you too honey, you don’t have a choice. Give me one good reason why you shouldn’t go.” Mom looked at me for a second then continued to prepare the dinner.
    “Errr.. cause it’s stupid? Lame? And only dorks go there.” I’m already a dork at school, I don’t need to be a dork too in the holiday.
    “You see… You think you’re making an argument here when I already made the verdict two weeks ago.” she went to the dining room leaving me who had been cutting one potato for 2 hours. “And I need that potato, stat.”
    I finished cutting the potato sloppily and gave it to her. Still grumping and taking a seat next to my sister. “Why isn’t she going too? At least I've already known some dork there.”
    Maggie hit me with a spatula.
    “She will be going, but not now because she and I happen to have some other plans.” Mom said.
    “Oh yeah? Maybe I wanna be a part of your plan too. I mean, what I wouldn’t do to spend some quality time with my beautiful mom and my very very sweet sister.” I was practically begging for my life here.
    “Mom is helping me to buy some underwear.” Maggie said before she ate a spoonful of mashed potatoes.
    Her answer made me choke on my food. I exchanged looks with my sister who was waiting for my answer. Me buying women’s underwear? Me helping my sister to pick her underwear? What would I become if words have gotten to my friends at school. They would call me Mr. Thong for the rest of my life. I ended up eating my dinner quietly and excused myself to my room to pack. I’m so dead.

It’s not like I despise people. I don’t. I like people, I see people every day at school, on the street, at the department store, but do I also have to see people in the holiday too? While I was packing all my stuffs, my sister entered my room.
    “So, you’re really going?” she slightly smirked at me.
    “Like I have a choice here. Its either camp or Mr. Thong.”
    “You know… you could just pretend you’re sick and stuff. Just enough to make mom believe that you’re not healthy enough to go to that camp.”
    “Tried that. Didn’t work. I even said I might have herpes.” I sighed.
    “Moron.” Maggie left my room laughing while I took some of the snacks I’d hidden for God knows how long and stuffed those in my bag. What if they’re all fat bullies and they take all my food when its dinner time, better come prepare.

At this time I really missed my dad. My dad occasionally traveled to some other cities or countries. His job needs him, he said. Yeah but what about me, like right now, I need him now more than I need the oxygen to breathe. Maggie and I called him as the mom’s antidote. Cause only he can un-make whatever decisions mom already made without us knowing. Just like two weeks ago when mom suddenly went home with this teen-summer-camps-brochure. I thought she wanted to go for herself but turned out it’s for me. She said I needed to be away from the computer or any gadgets in the house. Cause it’s not healthy, not good for the body and mind, and apparently this camp had a spiritual session too inside. She probably thought I didn’t know who God was. So there I was, arguing with my mom about bunch of teenagers taking a shower, sleeping and eating together and some of them might have had herpes or AIDS or cancer. What if I caught some diseases? What if I hyperventilated because I don’t like to be touched or stared? My mom seemed to be not listening to a word I said for the past couple of hours, because she was happily watching the entertainment news. When I finally stopped all the nagging, she said “Are you finished? Good, because there is no way in hell you’re not going.”

“Jasver, you’re gonna be late for your first day honey!” Mom yelled for me from downstairs.
    No answers.
    “Honey don’t make me come upstairs.”
    Still no answers.
    “All right, you ask for it.” As she was reaching down the last stairs, she heard me murmuring about “Dear God, while I’m away please take care of my mother and father wherever he is. And my sister too, make sure she is well-fed, but don’t make her fat, because she hates getting fat. Instead You could turns her into some ugly gi…”
    “Nice try. Get your ass down there. The bus is here.” Apparently my intention of appearing religious-enough-so-my mom-would-finally-give-up didn’t work.
    “Ughh.. Fine.” I reluctantly grabbed all my bags and wore my shoes. I walked down the stairs and started to sing ‘All my bags are packed I’m ready to go. I’m standing here inside your home. I hate to be the one who say goodbye. But the dawn is coming it's early morning. The bus’ waiting he’s blowing his horn. Already I’m so lonesome I could die.” I turned to my mom with a pitiful face. “Seriously, I could die mom.”
    “Relax, you won’t feel any kind of loneliness anymore there.” Maggie laughed and tapped my shoulder.
    I cringed.
    “Okay kids cut it out. Hon, say goodbye to your brother.” My mom opened the front door and there was this big bus filled with hormones-raging teenagers inside. They were shouting at each other, throwing stuff at each other.
    “Goodbye Jas, stay alive okay. I’ll miss you.” Maggie hugged me.
    “Thanks Meg. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I think I’m going to miss you too. Bye.” I walked down the port and hugged my mom.
    “Bye mom. I hope you know that if this thing ever goes south, I in no way… in noooo way at all… blame you.”
    My mom smiled and smacked me in the head. “Oh honey, you will have the best time of your life. Have fun out there okay.” And then she let me go. I think this was the first time I was really independent. With no mom, no dad, no phones, no money, no friends. Well, that’s the purpose of this camp actually, be independent, to make new friends, new experiences, and new memories.

As the bus began to move, I was looking for some empty seat in the front. Because all the seats in the back were already taken by this group of teens who I presumed already know each other. That’s not fair. The brochure specifically said, NEW FRIENDS. Why do they come together then? I should’ve brought Jack or Dave together.
    The camp is located outside of Jakarta, someplace called Mount Bromo I supposed. When we finally arrived, I got off the bus and my jaw literally drop when I saw this beautiful scenery of this huge mountain, crystal-clear-lake and green forests in front of me. All of the other kids were all in awe of its beauty too. So beautiful, so natural, felt like all these forests, clouds, waters, hills and everything were specifically made and colored by God himself. For once I believed that there is God between us after all. The view was so clear because apparently it rained just now. The rain kind of cleared all of the dirty-flying-particle to the ground. The weather is a bit cold, not chilly, which was fine because my mom already packed me tons of jackets and socks.

“GATHER AROUND HERE NEWCOMERS.” Brian, the leader and the host of this camp told us to stop enjoying the view for a moment and gather around at the lobby.
    I opened the lobby’s door and it almost fell on top of me. The door was broken. Super, just what I need. Aside from the broken door, the lobby was clean and tidy. The interior was all made of wood. There was a fireplace at the center and a receptionist desk was located just beside it. It must have been a while since they used the fireplace. But somehow it brought some sense of warmth and cozy feeling to me.

As we all already gathered, Brian started to talk again, “Hello everyone, welcome to the Happy Youth Camp. I’m Brian. I’m going to be responsible for all of you until we leave this place next week. So please don’t commit any suicide by jumping off the cliff because it would be a disaster for me to tell your parents.”

Everyone laughed except me, because my mind was already pre-occupied with something on the floor. I think it’s a bug. No no it can’t be. Is it some trash? I don’t think so. It moves. SHIT IT MOVES. Wait it’s got those tiny, like super tiny legs. Oh my god, it’s a freaking spider. DAMN IT. Out of all insects in the whole world, what are the chances that spiders live in this very hotel too. Think about something else. Focus on something else. It’s just some stupid ugly little tiny bug. It won’t bit you. Spiders can’t bit right? But in the movie Spiderman, Peter Parker got bit by some spiders and then turned into Spiderman.

As I was still thinking about whether this particular spider would fly and bit me or not, someone suddenly stepped on it. It startled me and turned out it was a girl around my age. She had a pair of alluring brown eyes, long dark hair, typical Asian girl, and should I say very pretty.
    “You should just kill it before it kills you.”
    I was a bit surprised by her words because I thought a pretty girl was normally afraid of bugs, like my sister. So I was right, spiders can kill you. “Thanks. You literally saved my life.”
    The girl smiled and introduced herself. “I’m Emma Avery. Nice to meet you.” She reached out her hands and shook my hand.
    “Jasver Anderson. Nice to meet you. You definitely need to teach me how to kill spiders.” I put out one of my best smile.
    Emma chuckled. “It’s pretty easy. You see it, step on it. There simple and easy.”
    “You don’t say.. So did you come here because you wanted to or your parents forced you into this?” I tried to make conversation here.
    “The second actually. You know.. Parents.. We could never win against them.”
    “I know right! Me too. I could never see the point of making new experiences, new memories, new friends and stuff. It’s just stupid.” I looked around the place to try to ensure me that this place is okay, my mom wouldn’t deliberately ship me off to someplace unsafe.
    “No, it’s good to have new experiences, new memories, new friends and stuff. But I ju...”
    Brian suddenly called my name before Emma could finish her sentence. “Jasver Anderson.”
    “I'm here.” I raised my hand to get listed by Brian and the team.
    “Okay, you're in group 6.” Brian assigned me to my new group, whom was also my roommate for the whole week. Each group consisted of 7 or 6 persons inside, with varieties of gender and age. A little part of me was hoping that Emma would get assigned to my group too. Because she was the only person I talked to since I arrived, and she's so pretty. But no luck, she's in group 5.

Now that we had our own groups, the group leaders took each of their groups to see their own rooms. And surprisingly boys and girls were going to sleep in the same room. Apparently they trusted us enough to be mature and not make some stupid delinquent like hiding some of the girls’ clothes or shoes.

My group leader Ben, all I could think of him was nice. He was not that funny, and yet he always tried to live up the mood. As you can see some of us were here against our own will. And Ben knew that very well. So I thought that was why Ben was always desperately trying to be nice to us. So that we wouldn't secretly leave or jump off the cliff at night. He gathered us group 6 in the corner of the big hall. Up until the day we left this camp, this hall would be our gathering place. We ate and play and listen to every seminar at this hall too. Maybe there wasn’t any big room with lots of chairs and tables anymore in this small hotel. But the hall itself wasn’t so bad; it was richly decorated with wooden panels, painted high ceiling, stained glass windows and couple of paintings on its wall.

Each group took some place to gather their own members to talk, share or just make some basic introduction among themselves. My groups consisted of Ben, Jake who probably is the most normal person in my group, Evelyn and Michael, Evelyn is the big sister whom Michael really looks up to. He always cares for Evelyn while Evelyn thinks of Michael as an annoying-spoiled little brother. Jason the quiet type of guy, he rarely talks or laughs. Rachel, a very talkative person. If we need some miracles to make Jason talks, with Rachel, we need miracles to make her stop talking. She is basically a walking microphone. She has this very loud and annoying voice, I swear to God every time she openes her mouth, some kittens die somewhere. And there is me. “I'm Jasver. I'm 16. There is nothing special about me though. I'm just some typical ordinary guy you guys could just meet on the street nowadays. I live with my parent, my little sister. I have OCD, I'm obsessive about the simplest things. I'm also a hygiene freak. I need to take a shower thrice a day or else I might get hyperventilated. And then I'm a bit claustrophobic, but I still could take the elevator. Just hope it won't get stuck midway.” I still had a lot to things to describe myself but when I saw everyone's reactions I stopped. “And apparently I shared too much. Thanks.” Everyone was still looking at me. They didn’t make a surprised look, more like this-guy-is-so-pathetic kind of looks.

And then the topic moved to where we went to school. While they were talking about something regarding the best school in the whole country, I was busy searching for the pretty girl I just met, Emma. After couple of minutes playing eagle-eye, I found her. She and her group 5 were in the center of the hall. She was wearing a pink jacket with her hair tied. I don't know what made me look for her, is it her beauty or her witty comments or something else.

The noisy Rachel noticed I was not paying attention to Ben and wandering off my mind. “Hey OCD guy, listen to Ben. He's going to give us some instructions about tomorrow's games. WE HAVE TO WIN. NO EXCUSES.”
    “Ah okay.. Sorry.” I felt like I was being shipped off to some military base.

After all the instructions and all the talks were finished, they finally let us have some dinner. We dined in the exact same hall too, but they arranged our seat to the some seats. So that we could meet new friends outside our own group while we eat. Just like some pre-school kids.

I grabbed some noodles, some fried shrimps, some vegetables and sat in my seat. The dinner hall was almost empty because some of us went back to our room to unpack our luggage, but I was already famished. My luggage can wait.
    Sitting in front of me was the noisy Rachel, out of all people, she was assigned to sit in front of me. Even when we're eating, that noisy Rachel still wouldn't shut her mouth. She said some stuff about shrimp being an animal, that we shouldn't eat animal cause they do have feelings too, like us human. She looked at me for a second, but I couldn't care less, I ate my shrimp so deliciously that she became annoyed and muttered to herself.

After I finished my dinner, I leave the plate at some basin on the floor and went to grab some water.
    “So how's the food?” Emma suddenly appeared from behind me, almost causing me to choke on my water. She was standing next to me, eye-ing all the buffet table like a hawk.
    “It was okay I guess. You don't like the food?” somehow I was nervous.
    “I haven't eaten yet, not hungry. And I heard there is this crazy chick talking about the shrimps are our friends and should be protected. She even spreads some rumors about these shrimp being poisoned. I mean, mental right?” she rolled her eyes.
    “Ah.. I see you've met Rachel. She was a bit..... abnormal I guess. She is in my group though. I have to see her every day. Swear to God she couldn't stop talking for even just a minute.” We both laughed and I pointed at Rachel. She was telling some poor kid to stop eating the chicken. “STOP EATING THE CHICKEN. ITS POISONOUS.” I did Rachel's expression and Emma laughed. It still surprised me how she would wanna talk to me, out of all the boys in that camp.
    “So how's your group?” I asked her.
    “It was okay. My group doesn't have a Rachel so it's not that funny like yours.”
    “Funny? You might wanna try noisy. I think my left ear is deaf now.”
    And she smiled. Her smile was so bright and contagious. I suddenly had the feeling I want to make her smile and laugh all the time.
    “I almost fell asleep in my group because everyone was so quiet. No one wanted to share anything. Even my group leader couldn't do anything about it. So it's a good thing to have a Rachel in your group.” She explained.

Since dinner hour was finished. They needed us to help with all the dishes. We needed to collect all the dishes and took those to the kitchen. Apparently my workload at home wasn't enough so mom shipped me here to become a perfect waiter.
    The kitchen wasn't that big. It's just a small room with three dishwashers, some ovens and some wood cabinets. It was really hard to get in and get out of that room because there were so many people there waiting in line to wash the dishes they got on their hands. So I decided to abandon my job and went to my room instead. Hopefully no one noticed me leaving the crime-scene.

Our bedroom had the size of my bedroom in my house. The difference was there were couples of beds inside, some mattresses on the floor and the fact that I didn't get to sleep on the bed. The boys were sleeping on the hard-wooden-floor-covered-with-mattresses while the girls got to sleep comfortably on the soft bed. And I heard there will be another group sleeping in our room cause they were all out of empty rooms. I was assigned to sleep on the mattress in the corner right next to the window. Beside me was some girl's bed with a pink jacket on top of it. I lay down on my mattress, complaining to myself about how hard the mattress was.

“What are you doing?” someone suddenly came in and asked.
    And I thought I knew that voice. “Emma?!” The group that was sleeping with my group was HER GROUP? “I was.. resting..? What about you? What are you doing here?”
    “I wanted to get my jacket.” she walked to get the pink jacket that was on the bed right next to my mattress.
    That's her bed? I get to sleep right next to her?
    “So you're resting.. as in fleeing your job?” she said sarcastically while putting on her jacket.
    “I did not! I was just resting cause.... I've got the flu. You know the weather and the dusts. And my body is a bit weak.” I coughed, pretending to be sick.
    “Oh really? Are you okay? Do you want me to get your group leader here?” she moved closer to me.
    I could felt my whole body was sweating.
    She placed her hand into my forehead. “Hmm. Weird. You're not hot.”
    Yeah but you're so hot and your face is 5cm from my face.
    “But you're sweating so much.” she frowned.
    Yeah but not because I'm sick.
    “Do you have any meds with you?” she asked, looking a bit concerned.
    I shook my head. “No. I don't.”
    “I might have had something for flu. Wait a moment here.” She went to the closets to check her bags and after taking out all of her stuffs, she found some herbal tea which could be use to cure flu, she said. She went to the kitchen to ask for some cup and a hot water. She came back and brought the tea which was already brewed into the hot water.
    “Here drink this. It’s good for flu.” She helped me sit and drink the brewed tea.

Somehow I felt very guilty into tricking this girl. But I didn't wanna get into trouble with Brian and the others, so I didn't exactly have any choice. And there was no way I could tell this girl that I was too lazy to help in the kitchen. I already made this scaredy-cat impression hours ago, I didn't want her to think that I was a coward, lazy and liar too, now did I?
    “Thanks, I feel much better.” Total bullshit, the tea was so bitter and got this strong weird taste. It tasted so awful. And it made me wanna throw up because of the bitterness and the nauseous feeling it caused.

“Okay, you need to take some rest then. Do you have any jacket with you?” she looked at me with her brown eyes, which slightly got bigger now.
    “Yeah, but my bag is somewhere in the closets. And I don't think I have the energy to find it.” I'm starting to feel really sick. I suddenly got this dizziness and desperately wanted to throw up. It’s ironic how I pretended to be sick and in the end got really sick.
    “Okay you could just take my jacket. I'm going to find some other jacket in my bag. You just sleep okay. I'll tell your group leader you were sick.” She took her blankets and put it on me so that I could stay warm.
    “Emma.. I think.. The shrimp was poisoned like what Rach said.” And I closed my eyes to sleep.
    “Don't be silly.” She chuckled and quietly left the bedroom.

thanks for reading :hihi:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. Rio_Shinn M V U

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +1,393 / -0
    aside from some minor grammar mistakes, this one's enjoyable. :cihuy:

<bukan grammar Nazi tapi tetep aja ga enak ngeliat ada yang salah ketik

bahas cerita dikit,
    kalau katanya tipikal Asian girl, cerita ini berasa kayak foreigner yang disuruh bergaul sama orang2 lokal. ditambah lagi pemilihan nama2 karakter yang kurang lazim untuk orang Asia(Indonesia, more likely).

keep up writing, semoga lebih baik ke depannya ya. aku sendiri juga nulis fanfic baru beberapa chapter dan masih perlu perbaikan. :hihi:

• Like Like x 1
  4. merpati98 M V U

Post Hunter

Ratings:
    +1,524 / -1
    ^
    Agreed ma yg di atas.

Rada bingung kenapa namanya asing semua tapi settingnya Jakarta dan Gunung Bromo... @_@
    Atau ini campnya khusus remaja asing yg tinggal di Indonesia? Ekslusif sekali...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.