1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

Other Knife Hunting Jakarta

Discussion in 'Travelling and Culinary' started by samuel_sfx, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samuel_sfx Members

Silent Reader

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I don't know why I became so much excited about finding kitchen knives and it's accessories. Maybe because recently my friend just brought a new Henckel knife because somebody has broken the chef's lux knife so he got to find another sharp one *knives in our working place doesn't have a quality that we think good enough for us.

So, I remember that once I've always wanted a good one for myself that I can bring to work as well. Before I was believed that Victorinox Swiss Made was a good one, but after those hunting days, here I am! I brought this Zwilling J.A Henckel's TWIN Pollux Chef's knife 200 mm.

[​IMG]

I brought this in Seibu, Grand Indonesia 2nd Floor, which I found have a quite large amount of Zwillings's knives and some other stuff. I bought this at IDR 429k, it's exactly at the price range that I looking for, a quality that I believe a better steel grade than Victorinox. Together with this knife I found this Zwilling's japanese forged knife, Miyabi Gyutoh 600s. I love it so much! Unfortunately, at the price of IDR 1.760k, that's totally overpriced :( Maybe next time *put it in my wishlist.

Actually, before I go for a knife hunting, I have researched most possible place that might sell knife that I will like. I found a quite unique shop at Kemang Raya, Pantry Magic. So, even when I got what I want, my curiosity drag me to this store. The shop located near the McDonald's Kemang with a hommey ambience. It sells kitchen stuffs that you might not found in regular store. I found a digital thermometer that might work good *I broke mine recently, it priced around 300k. I don't buy it, since it was out of my hunting topic and the size isn't quite fit in the pocket. Besides the cash register machine I found a magnetic shelf's of knives. There were Zwillings, Dicks, and some other Japanese knives that I forget it's name. I found also a Zwilling's whetstone *a big nice one at 330k. I will go for it next time. And oh! a Gordon Ramsay's Cookbook, a healthy cookbook. So that I have inspect it, and feed off my curiosity, I went home directly.

At the second day off of mine, I realized that 8" Chef's knife might be too big to bring in to the kitchen *for some certain reason I feel that it would be better stay for my personal use. So I decided to go for another smaller one. Directly I went to Seibu *again, I took a smaller one, Twin Pollux Petty Knife 5". It might work well I think. By the way, I also want to have something to carry my knife safely and comfortably. So I go to this store that I found in the internet.

The Third shop was located in Hayam Wuruk, Lindeteves Glodok. It's name was Equator Knives at
    Level 1st Blok B2. The owner *I guess* was Ko Tomo. I bet he got quite experiences with knives. He sell any kind of knives, but very few selection of kitchen knives *because he said that he don't play with it anymore. I saw so many kind of knives, folded knives and I think most of it related with mountain climbing or survival tools in the forest. So unfortunate for me that he didn't have knife case to sell to me. He just got me a magnetic pad which hold my knife but it doesn't quite feels right for me so I don't buy it. I show him my small knife and he say "Oh, it's Henckel, why didn't you go for Cermax?" *Cermax is another grade of Zwilling Henckel which is almost three times more expensive than Pollux, and I don't see it in Seibu before. He also offered me Shun's knife *which I found some article about it in the internet. I love those as much as I love the Miyabi Gyutoh that I found in Seibu, but that was enormously expensive for me at the time. This knives said that was made in Seki, Japan using the Damascus steel up to 140 times of folding. It priced up to 300 Euros each. That might be enormously sharp and durable perhaps. He said that it was pre-ordered, so I take his card so that I can make contact with him in case I have too much money that I can spend in knives *haha.

Since I can't find my knives case, Ko Tomo refer me to a store in Gajah Mada Plaza. I've been there, but I didn't notice that it have a kind of store like that. So I went to check on it since it is in the same way of my way home. In short, I found this store in the basement in front of the Hypermart, it named Resto Mart. And guess what? I found the Shun's knife, and it's looks really great! *drooling. I found also MANY appliances of Nayati. Maybe next time I want to build a restaurant, I will go there to buy some appliances :D

I still didn't get the case though because it was sold out. Pretty unfortunate, but at least I gain enough information about stores which sell which items.

So, here I go, I put on my wishlist of knives that I want to buy

[​IMG]

That is Miyabi Gyutoh 7000MCD

[​IMG]

And this one is Shun's Classic Chef's Knife 8"

Both of them was made with Damascus steel, forged in Seki by a Japanese swordsmith, and both priced around 300-350 Euros. Very expensive, but you can see the art carved there. Love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.