1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

OriFic Brickwork

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by high_time, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    As an end-note I don't really know how to put of this. It probably just ended at the right moment, I think. There's probably a sequel which tells the continuation about their adventures but I'm not quite sure of it yet. Mostly, the pressure of continuously writing this story has been piling up to the point it gives me lots of setbacks and I really need some time to rest from writing. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks a lot for being with me thus far :maaf:

===

Synopsis : Having spent his entire life as an errand boy for his family, Kirk Thompson found his own dramatic turn of events when a seasoned adventurer, Carla Sutherland came forth to find willing adventurers from his village, whence they first met up and joined together as a team.

Their adventures eventually lead towards another starting point, leading back to their own starting goal of finding the notorious 'Seeds of Knowledge', those who possess it will have one their precious wish granted. Will they succeed or die on their way? Nobody knows for sure in a grand adventure involving both of them that will unfold soon enough.

Genre : Adventure / Fantasy

Story Index

Prelude - The Starting Path

Page 1

Part 0-1 : Kirk and Carla
    Part 0-2 : The Past Adventures
    Part 0-3 : Going for the Food Hunt
    Part 0-4 : Old Man Regulus

Floor 1 - Down and Out in the Land of Fairy Tales

Page 1

Part 1-1 : Unprecedented Meetup
    Part 1-2 : Traveling with Lucian
    Part 1-3 : Welcome to Avalon
    Part 1-4 : Lounging Around the Guildhouse
    Part 1-5 : Basic Tutorial
    Part 1-6 : After the Lunch

Page 2

Part 1-7 : Purpose
    Part 1-8 : What is this I don't even
    Part 1-9 : Meet Misty
    Part 1-10 : A Bogus Revelation
    Part 1-11 : At Homerton's Armory
    Part 1-12 : Probation of this Hax

Page 3

Part 1-13 : The Emperor's Almighty Clothes
    Part 1-14 : Sudden Inquiry
    Part 1-15 : Down and Out in the Land of Fairy Tales

Floor 2 - Journey Towards a Plastic Wonderland

Page 3

Part 2-1 : Quetzalcoatl
    Part 2-2 : Common Knowledge
    Part 2-3 : Holding Your Breath

Page 4

Part 2-4 : The Waiting Hours
    Part 2-5 : The Singing Fairy
    Part 2-6 : Elder Scrolls
    Part 2-7 : Journey Towards a Plastic Wonderland - Part 1
    Part 2-8 : Journey Towards a Plastic Wonderland - Part 2
    Part 2-9 : Journey Towards a Plastic Wonderland - Part 3
    Part 2-10 : The Fairy Kingdom Host Club – Part 1
    Part 2-11 : The Fairy Kingdom Host Club – Part 2

Page 5

Part 2-12 : System Abuse
    Part 2-13 : A Sense of Clarity
    Part 2-14 : Stupidity
    Part 2-15 : Bronco
    Part 2-16 : Boar Stew
    Omake : Mistes Cygnus
    Part 2-17 : Tale of Two Sheeps
    Part 2-18 : Reunion
    Part 2-19 : A Farewell Message

Side Story A - The Sky Moves Sideways

Page 5

Part A-1 : Turning Point

Page 6

Part A-2 : Embrace the Powerful Tacos
    Part A-3 : Letdown
    Part A-4 : Food is a Virtue
    Part A-5 : Way of Life – Part 1
    Part A-6 : Way of Life – Part 2
    Part A-7 : Way of Life – Part 3

Floor 3 - The Melodies of Adventure

Page 6

Part 3-1 : On the Errand – Part 1
    Part 3-2 : On the Errand – Part 2
    Part 3-3 : On the Errand – Part 3

Page 7

Part 3-4 : Taking a Stroll
    Part 3-5 : C'est la Vie
    Part 3-6 : Irritation
    Part 3-7 : Durandal
    Part 3-8 : Bonjour
    Part 3-9 : Melancholy
    Part 3-10 : A Certain Historical Monument – Part 1
    Part 3-11 : A Certain Historical Monument – Part 2
    Part 3-12 : A Certain Historical Monument – Part 3

Page 8

Part 3-13 : Late Night Coffee
    Part 3-14 : Melodies of Adventure

Extra Floor - Woodwork

Page 8

Extra 1 : Smile
    Extra 2 : Love
    Extra 3 : Alchemy
    Extra 4 : My River Flows
    Extra 5 : The Dreaming
    Extra 6 : Tranquility
    Extra 7 : Erase
    Extra 8 : Confrontation

Page 9

Extra 9 : Sleep
    Extra 10 : Escapology

Epilogue - The Aftermath Words

Page 9

Epilogue

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Appendix

(Trivia, References and Many Other Stuff)

- might contain some minor spoilers -

Characters

Characters Bio

Protagonist

Kirk Thompson

Height : 189 cm
    Weight : 85 kg
    Blood Type : O
    *** : Male
    Birthday: April 21

Bio : The male protagonist of the story, known to be quite lazy to do things in addition of his likelihood to slack off whilst given the tasks. He was known to be quite stupid because of his laziness and his unwillingness to learn things he doesn't find interesting, but at certain times he would act clever enough in his own way.

Known to be a happy-go-lucky person and mostly level-headed; he likes to take things easy., although sometimes he could also be pretty contemplative about things people might never expect of him to think about. He has a great passion for freedom and enjoying life to its fullest, and that motive was the one who brought him through so many adventures.

Carla Sutherland

Height :178 cm
    Weight : 54 kg
    Blood Type : AB
    *** : Female
    Birthday : September 15

Bio : The female protagonist of the story, she had quite the diverse amount of talents and expertise which made her already a famous adventurer from an early age. Coming forth from the renowned Sutherland family, she began her adventures upon the age of ten with her father. At a first glance, she might appear to be a person who can do anything, but in reality, there's still some things whom she needed one's assistance with.

One noticeable thing about her was her somewhat rude personality, that may appear as a bit arrogant and conceited for some people. She also finds herself hard to trust people whom she just met, or even people that were quite close to her, which made her to keep so many things pent up inside her. At times she might also act self-righteously if things didn't go her way, but soon after she would keep her actions in moderation whenever her actions went overboard.

Her personality were something I couldn't really put my finger on, with multitude of somewhat complicated emotions that couldn't just be categorized into various traits alone. But if I were to put it simply, she's the type of an iron-willed protagonist with motives and ideals they wish to pursue no matter what, she's also the kind of person who highly values pride and dedication, like a perfectionist of some sort.

Underneath her tough-framed personality, sometimes she might also act clingy just like a spoiled kid, and letting her expertise and ambitions aside, she's pretty much a childish person. Many other words could be said about her, but I think that's all for now.

Regulus

Height : 185 cm
    Weight : 78 kg
    Blood Type : A
    Birthday : January 30

Bio : The protagonist of the Side Story arc. One noticeable thing about him was about his ignorant and flashy behavior in addition of his tendency to attract trouble everywhere he goes. Known to be a big fan of food and eating, especially the meaty stuff, and also known for hating vegetables, potatoes included.

Even though he loves to eat, he had a really weak stomach which caused him to spend quite long and hellish moments in the bathroom, he didn't seem to regret it that much anyway, and that by itself sends me into a feeling of awe in a peculiar standpoint. He was probably one of the only characters in the story who has the inability to read, although he could still recognize pictures. His inability to read was caused by the defunct in his brain that were already there by the time of his birth, which renders him unable to comprehend written languages.

Aside from all of the major shortcomings which made him unable to learn so many knowledge and expertise, he was gifted with incredible agility, dexterity, and strength, although his luck was severely lacking, which gets him into various troubles without him realizing it. He has a terrifying stamina, toughness, and ferocity to make up for his lack of intellectual prowess. Although to be said, he's actually a very clever person if one would look at him from a peculiar view. Either way, here's one character I'm anticipating to write his interaction with others of.

Main Characters

(bio still pending)

Lucian

Height : 175 cm
    Weight : 50 kg
    Blood Type : B
    Birthday : June 13

Estrella Baumann

Nickname : Stella
    Height : 180 cm
    Weight : 58 kg
    Birthday : October 22

Misty

Height : 168 cm
    Weight : 45 kg
    Birthday : May 29

Elder

Height : 183 cm
    Weight : 70 kg
    Birthday : August 13

Celine Wiltord

Nickname : Celia
    Height : 187 cm
    Weight : 70 kg
    Birthday : May 20

Rosaly Williams

Nickname : Rose
    Height : 170 cm
    Weight : 48 kg
    Blood Type : AB
    Birthday : November 10

Side Characters

= Under Construction -

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  4. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Prelude

~ The Starting Path ~

Part 0-1 : Kirk and Carla

"Yawn...." I was awakened by the feel of morning breeze on my face. Scent of mountain air emanates from the surroundings, feeling my lungs with lots of vitality. Where is the tent? Carla must have put it away while I was asleep, leaving me snoring in the open with just a thick carpet as a cushion between me and this rocky lands.

"Get up already, you lazy bum."

"OUCH! Damn it Carla, you don't have to kick me like that...I could get up by myself you know."

She lands a hard kick towards my sides the moment she came close by, it sure hurts like hell...thank goodness none of my ribs were broken, I swore with that power my bones will crack away! Why couldn't she act more gentle like a girl should be? She's totally a brute, it's a miracle and tons of good luck in my hands that I could survive adventuring with her for so long.

"Hmm...did you say something just now?" forming a scary crackling sound with her fists, she stares down at me with such a scary expression. I stayed silent while my body trembles hard. Honestly, I couldn't say anything other than my usual response...

"Nothing, ma'am."

Oh yeah, let me introduce myself. My name is Kirk Thompson and I'm just starting out as an adventurer, just starting on my first step towards adventuring about six months ago. There's still a lot for me to learn, even with reading all those books in the library about how do we survive in the wilds there's none of those things that made their way to my brain. You can say I'm just an idiot for studying, I can only understand it while experiencing it firsthand.

My level of understanding about being a full-fledged adventurer pales in comparison with my partner, Carla Sutherland. Even though she's one year younger than me, she really knows a lot about how to explore this unknown lands full of danger along with fending off dangerous monsters, she's a seasoned veteran that starts adventuring by the age of ten.

Although she just went out with her father occasionally at that time, a girl that young an age is really great to be able to survive in such harsh environment. Even more, her father was one of the legendary adventurers widely known in Federation...to gain some special trust at such young age from a credible person...at first I couldn't say how lucky I am to have such reliable partner.

By the way, I'm turning 21 this year, so she should be 20 for now.

We first met at the tavern on Truce Village, my hometown. I was just running errands by delivering crates of wine my family had made when suddenly there's a commotion....

Xxx​

"Brave people of Truce! Hereforth I, Carla Sutherland, hath come to pledge for your assistance. I'm currently searching for the renowned Seeds of Knowledge, whoever possess it will have one of their precious wish granted. And if they have partners, each one of them will also be able to make a single wish along with the adventurer. So, what say you?"

I was delivering the crates of wine through the back door after pushing my cart which was filled of these crates around. Huff, I might be useless at many things that involves using my brain, but for physical labors like this I seem to have extra strength and stamina even when compared to the physically fit males in this village.

Pacing back and forth towards the wine cellar, working around with the house master to transport and organize the wines, I moved quickly with caution while handling these crates. Once I get a very harsh scolding from my parents for breaking a single crate of these wines, I don't want it anymore...it's really painful.

For some reason, I hate being with my family...they're so harsh towards their own son, I'm their own flesh and blood! I might be an idiot who graduates from high school with terrible grades...barely make it towards every grade...always have a hard time studying the complex things but somehow I made it through.

I want to leave this town and go adventuring, living a free life exploring the unknown places I've never been to. This is my lifelong dream ever since my father beat me up real bad and my mom doesn't let me have any food for the whole day, I was crying in helplessness, having no friends to help me out...only family members that keeps torturing me each and every day.

After breaking out in a sweat as I delivered the last crate, I heard a shouting voice from the door and there she was...a very cute red-haired girl dressed in cowboy outfits. I heard from the patrons that her name was Carla Sutherland, a renowned adventurer, the youngest daughter of Federation's legendary adventurer Arthur Sutherland.

Though it's really strange that nobody wants to be her partner, each and every men in this tavern refuses to go on the journey with her. Eventually her eyes were laid out towards me...I swallowed down my saliva, getting stared down by this beautiful girl. Me, who never had any luck with girls before, got his heart jumping with joy as she approaches me.

"You seem to be a strong young man, can you fight?"

My face heats up in embarrassment as she stares at me with eyes full of interest, as I tried to back off she continues on moving closer...until my back hits the wall and all I could do is just look at her visage closing down on me.

"I don't like fighting but I'm good at doing physical labors, it's my everyday job." opening my mouth with an awkward manner of speech, I honestly spoke about my abilities. She nodded in interest while continue striking on the next question, one which decides the turning point of my life. For better or for worse, I don't know.

"Hmmm...I find you to be an interesting individual, would you like to go on the adventures with me?"

"Gladly, I shall accept it. But I still need to notify my parents first, lest they will be worried sick about my sudden disappearance."

I lied about my current condition of being tortured regularly at that place, both mentally and physically. Not telling her how much I want to escape this prison, giving her the impression that I came from a refined family.

She awaits for my decision until tomorrow afternoon, meanwhile I went back to my house and told my parents about my will to go adventuring. They instantly burst into wild anger and my father readies a wooden stick to punish me for no reason...the simple mention of 'Carla Sutherland' as my partner instantly changes their upbringing.

The usual word "You're a piece of trash, a total disgrace to our name!" changes to "You make your family proud, go on your journey safely...we believe you will cherish the family name with honor." they suddenly treated me like I'm a blessed kid, giving me lavish food for lunch and dinner...lots of food and useful items for the upcoming adventure.

I don't really understand this but now I know how two-faced and corrupted they are...it makes me sick just like when they treated me like garbage.

By tomorrow morning I've met up with Carla, bringing up a bag filled with resources for our upcoming adventures. With a bright smile she said..

"Let's go!"

There's still a lot of things that happened but...to make long story short, that's the starting point of my adventures with Carla.

Part 0-2 : The Past Adventures

Now after explaining a bit about the first meeting between me and Carla, let's get back to explaining other stuff. All these past 6 months of our adventure were mostly spent traveling around cities and exploring natural terrains just like we're currently doing before, taking a long hike over the mountains until we found a suitable resting place before nightfall comes...that's just one example though.

Traveling around the lands of Federation, it seems our search for the Seeds of Knowledge had so much hard time since not many people know some clues about their whereabouts.

Usually after having no clues while exploring around the cities and asking for information, we go around the forests and other places outskirts the city, the elves and gnomes around that area knows a lot more than humans living in the cities, even the seasoned adventurers doesn't seem to have any clue about that item...which I find as a strange thing.

After just a month of questioning the townspeople with no results, Carla gave up on them, only stopping by for a moment to stockpile our foods, items, and repair or purchase new equipments.

We spent the remaining five months questioning the elves, gnomes, fairies, and other dwellers living around the areas near the cities...sometimes we have to cross tough terrains while doing so, on occasions we even ran into monsters but Carla could finish all of them by herself...she had a very powerful weapon with her, which is shaped like a rapier.

To tell you the truth, we've been in and out so many cities but I forgot most of their names since our experiences in it weren't that notable and we just moved out to explore another places after just one or two days staying in. But I could name out a few cities where we got such a great help that we could eventually reach the current place we're in after only 6 months.

After conversing with other adventurers, there's a few who has stories about people searching for the seeds of knowledge...some even searched for 10 years and still haven't found it..and they were seasoned adventurers who uncovered myriads of treasures in such obscure places an untrained adventurer wouldn't ever find. It might be because I'm with Carla, she's truly a genius even though she had a foul personality. Though at certain times she acts so cute that my heart melts every time she goes that way.

About the important cities we're traveling on, we got our first real progress after stumbling upon the Elven city Roswell Dale, which is populated with overgrown rainforests and crystal clear lake of celestial waters. We got the crucial information from one of the forest elf elders to went west ahead towards Houndtoll, city of adventuring orcs.

A veteran Troll Warlord told us to went north towards Necropolis, then he advises us to visit an Orc named Rusk who herds strong Behemoths, they are extremely powerful beasts which is popularly used by Orc and Trolls, both as war animals and merchant transports around this area. They're versatile enough to travel around relatively rough terrains like those leading from Houndtoll towards Necropolis. Furthermore, there's an enormous area of cursed blight grounds near Necropolis in which our withered white horses will die upon first steps on it.

We came to Rusk and traded our pair of white horses which traveled with us for all these months. There we got a pack of powerful behemoth of an excellent breed, Rusk said it's a bonus because he's impressed with our determination to find the Seeds of Knowledge. He told us that he once searched for it as long as five years long but still haven't found it and wishes us best of luck on our travels.

It took a few weeks of travel before we reached Necropolis because the Behemoth is relatively slow compared to the White Horses. Still the trip wasn't as bad as we expected because he's really tough and could go on the whole night while we're sleeping at his back. And while we're resting, he could hunt down for his own food and water before coming back to us after several hours passed.

Reaching Necropolis with the Behemoth, terrifying atmosphere fills up the air, I could smell the scent of death from everywhere. Both of us freaked out when bunch of Skeleton Warriors came out all of sudden, though we're relieved when the Wraith commanding them came forth from the back and said they're just out patrolling. Then it leads us to the Revenant Warlord which is also a veteran Necromancer, he told us about the location where 'Seeds of Knowledge' lies.

It's somewhere deep in the mountains of Grimgnaw, located in the center of Federation lands. Since there's the Alaves peaks between our closest route to it and the Grimgnaw Mountains, he advises us to head for the Death Valley which is located just several kilometers outskirts of Necropolis, and fetch an overnight ride with the Bone Dragon. Carla also considers this way to be the fastest option.

The trip towards the Death Valley only took about a few hours while riding on the slow-paced behemoth. Though the creepy atmosphere that overshadows us makes this few hours a trip feels like a few days, we would like to reach our destination as soon as possible.

Carla often clings onto me whenever she saw a ghost wandering around during our travels, we weren't attacked whatsoever...thank goodness. By the way those undeads look really hostile it ignites the feeling of fear within us, we felt really uncomfortable hanging here, we certainly aren't suited being in this kind of places for a prolonged moment.

When we finally reached the Death Valley, both of us felt like kissing the grassy terrain...seems like the effect of being in the area full of cursed blight grounds really torments our mind. The dark elf which is guarding the gate looks at us with a confused expression towards our weird acts.

There we asked about the nearby place to stay the night since it's getting dark outside, he recommends us a nearby motel and both of us shared a room because there's only one room left. Carla slumps into a deep sleep as soon as she touches the bed, meanwhile I asked the motel owner about this Bone Dragon Transport. It kind of suprises me at first that this owner was actually a young girl about my age, he's taking over her father who's been sick for years. A young dark elf girl managing this place...that is cute in one or more ways.

After getting some information about the transport, it seems that this kind of transportation is wildly popular all over the world because it could virtually transport you anywhere...though the price is damn high, we might even need to trade our valuable goods for a trip towards the Grimgnaw Mountains.

Though I got really surprised when I woke up tomorrow morning after having a good night sleep, Carla already got us a Bone Dragon Transport waiting. She said it's quite a long story on how did she get it, firstly the vendor wants this rare-breed behemoth in addition of the precious necklace she wore in her neck. But then for some reason she blurts out her father's name towards this person.

End of story, we get to ride this Bone Dragon towards Grimgnaw for free. It appears that the summoner of this dragon has some enormous gratitude towards Arthur Sutherland when he saved this summoner's entire family from the onslaught of vile inquistors many years ago.

After an overnight trip with the Bone Dragon towards the Grimgnaw Mountains, we've arrived where we are now in the present few days later. Where I got kicked hard as soon as I woke up.

Part 0-3 : Going for the Food Hunt

"Hmm...did you say something just now?"

"Nothing, ma'am."

Okay, we're back to this part again. That's quite a long explanation to give some backgrounds about what we're actually doing all this time, I hope that I've done it clearly enough...actually this one was just a brief summary on what we've been doing all this time because there's so many things happening it would take too long to describe it in detail.

"Hey...what did you just say, ma'am? I'm younger than you damn it! Just call me milady or something you dolt."

I thought she's going to hit me again. Man, it happens so many times I lost count on how frequently I've got beaten up by her over some stupid reasons.

"Okay okay...I'm sorry, milady."

"Sheez, you've always been giving me a hard time during our adventures."

That was supposed to be my line, Carla. Though I'm afraid to say it to her because she'll whack me off real good, I don't really hate this side of her though...her abusive attitude at times does feel similar like what a caring big sister did to her useless little brother. In this case she's younger than me so I absolutely have no idea on how to put it hahaha...

After finishing up with her angry words, she goes back to doing her own stuff, I probably shouldn't interfere right now since she often told me about my presence making her starts screwing things up. Meanwhile I also did my usual thing while sitting in the same carpet I used to sleep earlier, reading.

I took out a book from my bag, and start turning out the pages...it's about an adventurer which finds himself traveling into another world after entering out a peculiar building, a tower which rises up towards the heavens. Within each floor there's different sets of worlds and he must solve every quest given to him to reach another level, the quests doesn't have time limit in which they must complete it, as long as the flag to activate it hasn't being triggered.

There's also side quests which is optional for them to complete, finishing up side quests will grant them valuable abilities and items they could carry on to the next floor. Finishing the main quest also gives a special reward by itself. I often think of side quests as a bonus venture for diligent adventurers which often reaches the top of their fame and prosperity as they seek far beyond the scope of average ones.

Ah, this novel is so exciting to read...I wonder what kind of challenge will await him as he and his partners rose into another floor?

Mmmm...what is this delicious scent? I turned around towards the smell and saw Carla stirring up a large bowl fired up by the bonfire. This is definitely the scent of a potato soup with assorted foods thrown out to it! I like eating vegetables and prefer them over meat, and definitely potato soup is one of my all time favorites. What else, there's a fish and chicken fillet thrown in with an addition of other vegetables which is often used in salad meals.

Beside her there's a rice cooker with steam coming out of it, I found it strange how this device could activate by itself when there's no electricity as its power source.

"Ah, the smell of potato soup in the morning. You sure know my favorite foods, Carla."

"S-shut up! It's not like I'm cooking this for an idiot like you...that's because we didn't have any more foods left other than these ones. It's all your fault that you've letting that boar go away last night...I want to eat boar stew...I WANT TO EAT BOAR STEW! Damn you Kirk."

Cute...she's acting really HNNNGGGG-- just now with her innocent blushing face. Her motion of shaking her head left and right while denying the sincerity of her actions...my face feels like it's going to melt away. At the second thought, I don't mind you being a brute anyway...it makes me somewhat feel close to you and in that way we could have something we can relate to each other.

I can't have casual conversations like this with girls other than Carla because they feel so distant...they act so refined and their topics of conversations were just something outta my world. This girl is different, her reliable disposition made me feel comfortable, and she's a nice person to talk too...the feel when I'm near her is totally different than any other girls. Might be because she's strong and independent, exactly the type of woman that I admire.

"Well...I think you're acting really adorable just before."

"WILL YOU JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH ALREADY?" she shouts on top of her voice it freaks me out so much I almost jumped, then she continues on with a really low voice I could only make it out barely "...I'm freakin' embarrassed damn it, you stupid man."

"Uh...if you say so then." I went back to my usual sitting place to read again but it doesn't take long before she called me again when the breakfast's finally ready.

I ate the soupy food poured into a bowl with lots of excitement while nibbling on the rice. On the other hand Carla seems depressed, slowly eating her food without any interest at all...she might want that Boar Stew so much she began to lose interest in any other food. By the way, it's her own cooking so wouldn't she at least eat it...come on, it's freakin' delicious why don't you at least enjoy the breakfast a little?

After finishing up our respective breakfast, we start cleaning up the cooking apparatus. It's mostly me who's doing the cleaning job because she already done her share with cooking our breakfast. Then we sat here at the nearby rocks to view the panoramic scenery unfolding before our eyes.

Clara turned out towards me and said "Hey, after you finished resting up...please find us some food for lunch okay, go explore the nearby forest and take care not to get lost...the pathways gets really tricky sometimes even for me."

"Roger."

After resting by lounging over the comfy rock, I went forth towards the forest entrance. She bids me farewell and wishes me best of luck on my errands.

Xxx​

Uhhh....

"Damn it, it seems I got lost." deep down in the forest, with minimal amount of food and water for me to survive. I forgot to told Clara that I can't read maps and I didn't bring any compass with me for this trip since I figure that it would be a short and easy one, just a simple food gathering in a nearby place.

The pathways to reach her usual food gathering place is damn complex it really confuses me how she's able to traverse her way through these paths. If I recall, I've already went back and forth around the same place for so many times already.

What am I going to do know? I wandered aimlessly around the forest, having no weapon to guard against the monsters that could appear anytime, I just given up any kinds of hope and just ran without thinking.

Uwaaa...please somebody help me...I want to get outta this forest soon.

"The spirit of the forest calls for you, o brave young adventurer."

W-whose voice is it?

I instinctively followed the direction of the voice, thinking this might be my only chance to survive in this dangerous environment.

Part 0-4 : Old Man Regulus

"The spirit of the forest calls for you, o brave young adventurer."

After following the direction of the voice, which echoes in a lengthy duration...I found myself going towards a brighter area of the forest. Alright, it seems I will finally find the way here...

"Ooops....gyaaaaahhh!! Damn, that hurts"

It seems I've tripped over something that feels like a log...lying flat face-down the grounds. I tried standing up, scrubbing the dusty dirt on my pants and clothing, my eyes were glued on the incredibly vibrant spectacle before me. A building that looks exactly like how that novel describes, it's a work of a really well-planned brick formation. With the brilliant composition of finest quality materials used on creating this towering skyscraper, enormous in size and height...this seems to be the building that challenges the heavens, a masterpiece of brickwork on the pinnacle of conventional architectural design.

Finally satisfied looking at the beautifully crafted structure, I looked around the area and realized that I already got out the depths of this dangerous forest...safely arriving in a clearing area surrounded by thick overgrown trees. Ouch, the pain from tripping over that log hurts a whole lot. I sat myself down the nearby rock and rolled my pants up, massaging the injured section until the pain finally subsides.

It might take a long while to heal the pain. In addition of that, my ribs were also injured from the fall earlier...it's quite a heavy one considering the grassy areas around here weren't thick enough to absorb some of the impact between me and the hard terrains.

"Here's a lotion for your injuries, young man." this time a somewhat hoarse and heavy voice calls out to me, I raised my face to see an old man with a tough build his hair has a mixture of black and grey colors, he's probably in his mid 50's. His beard and mustache were formed neatly, from a glance his appearance looks like a veteran cowboy with his stylish leather jacket and durable jeans made from a thick animal hide.

"I'm fine really, gramps." at a second thought the injuries doesn't seem that bad at all to need a healing lotion like that, I just have to massage it and it would be fine quickly. As I tried to stood up and stretch my body around the gramps stopped me with such force with the palm of his hand...

"No-no-no, don't try to stand up yet...your knees are bleeding. Here, let me disinfect the wound first..." he took out a handkerchief and poured some of the lotion to it, then he touched the parts that's being poured with the lotion on the parts in which my knee had been scrapped, I see that the wounds weren't that deep but...

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!" I screamed on top of my voice as the lotion-coated handkerchief comes in contact with my bleeding skin. Why does it hurts a lot when the scrapped parts aren't that deep?

"Let me explain to you because you seem to be unfamiliar with the ecology of this land. Since young people like yourself tend to be reckless about their surroundings, listen up carefully." as he said this, he pulled out another handkerchief from his pocket and did the same thing, pouring out the lotion towards it and placed it against my skin...then after a while the handkerchief gets quickly drenched with a foul-smelling liquid, the old men started putting on his pair of gloves quickly. Lifting up the two handkerchiefs and swiftly thrown it towards the faraway ground.

To my surprise, the handkerchief starts burning up all of sudden as it hits the ground, a great firestorm comes before our eyes but it's swiftly blown away by the breeze. How could a slow breeze like that just doused the fire away? I just can't understand it.

"You see lad, bleeding yourself over stupid things like that is one of the worst things to happen in this forest. In the air around this area, there's a saturated concentration of dangerous bacteria around which invades us humans through our open wounds. They multiplies really quickly and if we're too late on stopping its growth, the muscle joints in the infected area will stop to function and that place will soon become a breeding ground for that monstrosity. Meaning we have to amputate this part before it spreads..."

His expression turns damn serious while he proceeds with his lengthy explanation, my body trembles in fright when he start telling me about this pathogenic bacteria phenomenon...

"Hiiii...please stop gramps, it's too scary...I don't want to get my feet amputated."

Realizing me being enveloped in fear, he gently pats my head and changed his tone into something gentle...although its also a bit hoarse sounding like his usual voice.

"You scaredy-cat boy, there's no need to amputate your feet...there look, you're fine now." he points out towards my knee to show me that the bleeding has stopped and the wounds has closed down, though the pain from before is still apparent.

"There's still a bruise on my ribs..."

"No sweat lad, we'll just have to go to my place...only a short walk away. There's a lot of healing lotions and bandages. Okay go rest your hand on my shoulders or back, I'll help you walk your way through."

I stood up and rest my hand on his back as told, he's actually taller than me in addition of having a strong build and physique which is hard like metal. Both of us walked towards a medium-sized cabin on the other clearing just beside the skyscraper tower.

Xxx​

"There...there, this much should be enough." gramps has done bandaging the bruised parts of my torso, he's done it so skillfully that I don't feel the pain anymore on my ribs. I could also move a bit more without support, the lotion seems to be speeding up the recovery of my wounds in addition of completely killing the monstrous bacteria.

"Thanks a lot, gramps. I don't know what will happen if you weren't there at that time..."

Knowing there's such a dangerous thing floating around in the atmosphere, I felt really fortunate that coincidentally, there's a savior nearby when I was tangled up in an invisible danger.

"Whoa, don't sweat it. And ye don't hafta call me gramps, my name's Regulus and all the young folks call me that. What's your name, young lad?"

"My name's Kirk, sir. Sorry I can't call elderly people by their names."

He pats my head again, this time he put some power to it, and gave me such broad smile it shows his whole teeth.

"Ya know kid, ye remind me o' my little grandson. He's really modest just like ye. Speaking o' which, what brings you here into such an obscured place Kirk?"

"To tell you the truth I'm seeking for an item called 'Seeds of Knowledge' while traveling from my hometown to here, I also have a partner with me but we've got separated recently while I'm getting lost in this forest just now. And then---"

"H-hold on...did you just say Seeds of Knowledge? It's located inside this magnificent tower, though I must warn you...the adventures inside that place are extremely dangerous. Are you still willing to take this opportunity even with such grave risks?"

"I don't know myself, though I feel that there's no turning back anymore by the time I reached this point."

"Then I would hold you back any longer, go forth and conquer that place, Kirk. May you have best of luck during your endeavor."

Xxx​

He bids me farewell and I slowly walked in front of this building's entrance. Strengthening my resolve, I finally made my way inside it. What kind of dangerous adventures that awaits me, to the point it made the old man upset?

I will probably find out soon enough

End of Prelude​

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Floor 1

~ Down and Out in the Land of Fairy Tales ~

Part 1-1 : Unprecedented Meetup

"I must warn you...the adventures inside that place are extremely dangerous. Are you still willing to take this opportunity even with such grave risks?" the words said by Old Man Regulus just some moments ago echoes inside my head, am I really doing the right thing by just barging inside this place recklessly? I don't know myself, hopefully by continuing on this adventure towards the end will eventually lead me to the righteous answer.

Damn, I forgot to bring my backpack containing all the supplies I need...and that novel, I don't remember the contents word by word but I can tell that I'm starting to get inside the shoes of this adventurer protagonist.

Before my sight there lies only a view of pitch black darkness. Walking a straight path for several minutes, I still haven't seen any light coming out. Huh, is it really everlasting darkness I'm experiencing, or is my eyes just trying to play tricks on me? Hold on, my instinct tells me to think outside the box...just like what Carla said in the past. If you can't think outside your usual pattern and habit on a crucial time...you'll be considered a dead man the moment you're alone, the world of adventurers are really harsh but I must say that adventuring with Carla is really fun despite all the hardship.

No, it's not the time to be reminiscing about this stuff like I'm nearing my own death! Wait, I felt some metallic object on my jacket's pocket. Taking out that object with my right and, I felt the structure of it...the object's material definitely made from Alluminium / Iron alloys with an extra Stainless Steel coating in order to prevent rust. Circling my fingers around the edges, it gives me the clue that it's shaped like a small rectangular block.Then the surface was divided about one-third from the other end by some light metal...hmm...it must be a lighter, just what I needed at this stressful moment, and the dividing points must represent the tray's opening point.

Rotating the lighter with my fingers, now my thumb gets placed against the tray sides with my hand holding it. Utilizing a gentle movement, I made an upward stroke against it and a fancy clicking sound of the tray opening was made. This is a really classy lighter, though I don't smoke so I haven't had some intention of using it often. And for daily ignition stuff there's some portable torch that could also serve as a flamethrower...great for smoking off those Trent and other plant monsters. It's Solar-Powered so we refrain to use it at night to light our bonfires to keep most enemies away when we're sleeping.

Hmm let's see, where's the fire gear? I traced my hands along the surface which got it's tray opened up earlier and my thumb finally touched something that kinda rolls a bit if you slowly and gently moved your finger in it, this must be the switch. I moved the lighter as far as possible from my face, my thumbs on the gear and the rest of the hand holding it to stay below the dividing point. Then with a touch from my thumb, moving the gear down with a swift motion, a flicking sound was made and the fire which I just ignited finally comes to my view.

But why is the rest of the surroundings still pitch black? It defies the law of science and even simple logic! There must be something weird going on since this world has many absurd fantasy elements. Stepping forward a few steps, I swung the burning lighter downswards...now there's something burning in front of me and all of sudden, a bright scenery unfolds before me.

"Awww...hot....hot....hot!"

Did I just hear a cute voice just now? It's somewhat high-pitched, I guess that voice belongs to a girl. Still keeping my eyes close from the sudden exposure of light, I let myself relax for a bit, letting itself adjust to the new environment. Then as I opened up my eyes...

Xxx​

The feel is totally different in here, it feels like I've been warped to another dimension. What lies beyond me is a forest surrounded by brilliant light spheres floating around the trees, some of it passed through my body...leaving me with a feel of warmth and happiness. Currently I'm standing upon a clearing amidst the forested area, it seems like I just heard something burning up and someone's screaming...

Did my ears also played tricks on me? Wait, I could feel someone's presence just around here. There's some voices of few girls talking here, I tried to search where the voice is coming from...

"Uhhh...how did that man figured out my genius trick...he burned me down, so mean.."

"That's what you get for staring too close towards that handsome beast of a man."

"Yeah yeah, you should give up falling in love with a human. We're meant to serve our godmother for eternity...not as bad as it sounds since we can have fun all we want, tee-hee!"

Uh, why does they pick such an obvious place to hide? They're talking right in front of me! There's some three girls with weird hair colors and shiny pair of wings chatting on some weird topic that I don't understand at all...yes they're really cute but where's the owner of that voice I heard earlier?

Hmm...it must be this girl.

"Hey miss." I pointed out my finger towards the fairy girl who's standing in the middle of these group of girls. She's really tall for a fairy, probably about the same height as an adult woman...her two friends' height are just the same as her chest, they look like a teenager with youthful looks...this woman also had a really innocent appearance that seems totally unreal to my sight.

"Y-you're that man from....n-no...have we ever meet before?" her cute voice rings like a melody to my ears, even while screaming. For a while I stared at her whole appearance, her silver hair mixed with glittering glow of assorted colors on it...her dark grey eyes that reflects the color of rainbow.

Most of all, she's well endowed...so yeah...I think the thin silk clothing really brought out her childlike charm about.

"I doubt so, though I seem to heard that...beautiful voice just earlier. Never would I've thought that the owner of this voice would be so....Loli-licious."

Oh darn it, did I just said the wrong word?

"Thank you, sir. Although I don't understand what you mean by...what you say...Lily-li...no...I don't like doing that stuff with other girl..."

Hey...hey...hey, what do you mean by Lily-Licious either? I don't understand it at all!

"....." yeah whatever, I can't get my mouth to say another word.

"Rose, m-my name. S-s-s...I hope we'll meet again...now i must go." stuttering about and trying to cover her adorable blushing face, she bids me a farewell so shortly after we just met. Speak of the devil, it seems like something was burnt up...but which object?

FLASH!

"Arrggghhh!" suddenly, a pillar of light unravels from the ground, enveloping the three fairies in the form of a circle. The next moment a 'SWOOSH' sound was formed and they dissapeared into thin air along with the light.

What the heck was that? I couldn't even feel their presence anymore!

"FIRST QUEST - Trial of Fairies Successfully Completed, reward : 500 Gold."

An eerie voice that sounds almost robotic echoes outta nowhere, so this adventure is going to be like some RPG game eh? This will be interesting, now let's explore this forest with light spheres...all I have just now was my adventurer instinct to guide me.

Let's keep going. Rose, eh? It's a befitting name for her beautiful apperance, I had a feeling that I'm going to meet up with her again soon.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  6. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-2 : Traveling with Lucian

My mind gets filled with thoughts about Rose during my ways of exploring this forest, her alluring beauty envelops my entire mind with disorganized imaginations about being in a garden filled with beautiful flowers. Kind of inspire me to write the most cheesy love story with embarrassingly stupid lines.

I also have many questions in mind : what the heck were the fairies doing in that clearing? Surely it's a wonder how did I actually end up in a place like this. There must be someone who sets up a kind of illusion-generator mechanism to mislead the adventurers from getting closer towards their respective goals.

From the clearing there's only one way out, which is the road I'm taking right now. If the pitch blackness was only a spell meant to blind my path, so I would end up in an unknown place devoid of any clues, why does this forest road feels much different than the ones I walked out earlier? That dark tunnel has a flooring with structure similar to dungeon floors, got that assumption based on the hardness of the rocky floor brushing against my durable animal-hide boots.

"So I just completed my first quest without ever knowing what it is...heh." I giggled in disbelief, reminiscing what happened just earlier. Talking out loud in the middle of forest when there's absolutely no one around except of some enchanting spheres of light beside me. I just followed where are they heading for, and out of curiosity I caught some of the lights and quickly let them go shortly after. It interests me how am I able to hold a sphere of light in my hands, how are they supposed to consist of visible energy particles concentrated in a palm-sized sphere.

The only time I've seen those spheres was during the period of Burning Phoenix Festival held in Amarok. The Indians gathered various light spheres of assorted sizes, shapes, and colors from the nature, concentrating it all towards a summoning circle carved with complex symbols and diagrams that kinda represent some anagram of a certain mythological theme.

So I just wondered, did they currently have a summoning ritual nearby? In that case I should hurry up and go there. Many people would be gathering around and hopefully I could find some valuable information regarding this place and how to get myself through it.

Burrrpp...

"Shit, I've gotta get some grub soon. Damn, although I just ate earlier..."

I don't know how many hours had passed since then, Carla must be worried about me for disappearing so long. Taking a closer look on the forest, there's no edible stuff that I could find within my sight. Wait a minute, I think I did put some food inside my jackets' pocket...

Voila, I peered into another one of my pockets and found a chocolate bar, still neatly wrapped. Yum yum, nothing beats a delicious treat during my time of hunger, though I must resupply my inventory with nutritious foods soon.

Xxx​

"DAMN IT, I'M SO BORED OF WALKING FOR SO LONG!" venting my frustration, I screamed out loud in the forest and kicked the nearby tree stump with all my might. Ouch, damn that kind of hurt...it's much better because I kicked it with the sides of my feet rather than the front.

THUD!

The sound I'm hearing comes from the stump, sure this one's different from the sound when my feet kicks it. A loud banging sound comes forth and the stump opens up, there seems to be someone climbing the ladder towards the surface.

"Yawn...Estrella, please don't wake me up so early...huh?" an elf girl comes out from the hole, she wore green clothing, from her hoody jacket, leather pants, though her thin shoes has a brown color. She had a refreshing-to-look orange hair, being tied back forming a cute ponytail, with lush green eyes that brings about the presence of a forest when I stared at those gems. And it seems she's rather flat for a girl...

"Good...morning?" awkwardly waving my hands towards her when she's pretty close to me. I also formed a stiff smile because of this feeling of guilt of disturbing her...wah I feel so lucky being able to meet many cute girls during my adventures!

"Morning mister, can you please not stare at me like that...it's disgusting."

"Ahahaha...sorry sorry..." I placed my hands on my head and started rubbing it to hide my feeling of embarrassment.

"No it's okay being a pervert too, but I'm a guy you know. Why are you drooling over some other guy, mister? Could it be that you..."

Seriously, 'she' is a guy? I can't believe it, how can someone this cute is actually a guy!

"S-S-SERIOUSLY? I thought you're really a girl when I saw you the first time!"

"What are you saying, I'm a girl?" then he took out a hand mirror from his pocket and stared at his own reflection, shortly after he turned towards me with a heavy blush "I...I've never seen a cute girl staring at me so close..."

This guy...he really enjoys his feminine appearance eh, I wonder how much has he abused that kind of appeal.

"I KNOW IT, you're a friggin narcisist. Okay jokes aside I'm kinda lost in this place so can you give me directions to the nearby town?"

"Sir...I-it's not like I like fantasizing about my appearance or anything..."

Answer my question will ya...

Xxx​

After getting him to sober up from his delusion, I tried asking him a few times again about the means on getting to the city until he finally agreed...

"Ah sorry about that, since I'm also going to the city for some errands, feel free to accompany me in case something went amiss. You look like a tough one, mister."

"Nah, I don't really fight except for protecting myself and those in need." trying to act cool, I decided to play it off by making a solemn posture while saying cool words.

"Whoa you're so cool mister, I bet you are popular with girls! By the way, my name's Lucian and if you got a chance to, please introduce me to one of the girls you know...umm...I want to find a girlfriend soon...it's really lonely without cute girls to cheer you up."

Whoa, so he really got desperate and start fantasizing about his feminine appearance because he's so damn lonely without much contact with girls.

"Nah, I know that feeling to much...to tell you the truth I'm not popular with girls at all since I used to be an errand boy, what kind a girl finds an errand boy cool? They all want a boyfriend who's a hunter, warrior, and lastly..adventurer. Well, even as an adventurer girls tend to avoid me hahaha."

Lucian eh, the name had a somewhat masculine and childish feel mixed to it. He eyes me with interest then starts talking again with consoling words.

"That doesn't matter sir, someday you'll find your special person too. Ah, time's running out...let's get going."

"Uh, okay. Lead the way...Lucian."

So, me and this tempting Trap went for the nearest city around here. I wonder what kind of stuff do they have here, I'll definitely find out soon enough.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  7. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-3 : Welcome to Avalon

Going through this forest along with the light spheres floating around the air, I obsessionally took a brief glance at my companion Lucian who's walking beside me. He seems to be going for an errand today towards the nearby city, and since I'm also heading out the same way he finally agreed for me to tag along. Sometimes I forgot that he's actually a guy given that I'm actually...kinda mesmerized by his girlish appearance, that green-colored forest elf clothing made it even more irresistible.

"He's a guy....he's a guy..." that's the word I muttered a lot of times during my travel, it's really unbearable that I almost collapsed to the ground when we reached the city gates.

The city entrance has the letters 'Avalon' carved on the gate's entrance. Taking a brief glance from outside it, the city seems to be populated with plantations too just like any other elven cities. But something about this city seems a bit different, the spiritual energy in this place really overwhelms me...

"We're finally here, Mister. Here's Avalon, Ancient City of the Elves."

"Uhh....yeah...I see." I was too engrossed on staring at his face that I kind of let his words flow by through my ears. Even more that he's finally taken of his hood, revealing a really long blond hair that shines beautifully like gold.

"Sir?" he took a glance from below me with enticing eyes...damn it, must not look below. Okay there, I'm a straight man...he's a guy and I'm not into guys, basically I'm going to tell you that I don't have a homosexual side in me...

But he's so cute damn it.

"I see both of you get along well." a wise-looking old man with an unusually natural perverted look in his face waves toward us while standing beside the gate.

"Elder!" averting his glance from me, Lucian waves back at the old man which seems to be the head honcho...but this city is so big...there might be several leaders right over there.

"Ah it's you I see, running errands again for Estrella? And who might be this fine-looking young man, is he going to apply for the Royal Guard position? He's not too shabby to say the least." the old man eyes me with curiosity, perhaps he's trying to judge the extent of my abilities. Well I'm only just a simple idiot who happens to be very lucky because I got such a reliable partner like Carla during my adventures.

"Nope gramps, I'm just some adventurer who got lost along the way."

"Oho, so that's how it is! Adventurers are more than welcome for me, I used to be one long time ago...ah lots of sweet memories. Oh yeah Lucian, you may go now...thanks for bringing this man to us."

Us? Did he meant that there's many more people like him in this big city?

"I'll be going then Elder, take care." the delicious Elf Trap runs through the entrance with an innocent smile on his face...meanwhile why am I ended up with an old geezer like this instead of a cute elf?

"If you scrutinize even further by looking at my ears, you can tell that I'm not an elf, just a human like you. How about we go inside the city for a change, I'll show you a sanctuary for adventurers right over!"

Man, why should I scrutinize the face of some old man like you, pops? Though I'll make do if you brought some cute girl over.

"Fine...fine, lead the way then." I think there will be more eye candies by the time I get to the place. Wow, I want some female adventurers in bunny costumes hahahahaha...

Xxx​

Avalon, the ancient city of the elves. In the streets you can see various kinds of elves...many of them are really cute that you'll never get tired of looking at them. Even I thought that some of the elven males here are androgynous...no there's a lot of potential Trap Elves in here! Walking down this sunny street gives me a really refreshing feel with abundance of the greeneries around.

The air is so revitalizing to the body and soul, and looking at the townspeople here makes my heart go HNNNGGGG because they're really adorable. Honestly I did enjoy taking rounds around this city district, the elder told me there's many districts in this big city and I really want to went through all these some other time!

"You're a healthy fellow, Mr. Adventurer."

I know, and please don't ruin my glorious moment with your punchline Mr. Elder...

"Ahaha, yeah I suppose. This is such a lively city isn't it?"

"Oh don't play dumb with me, I know lots of places where they offer those kinds of 'eye-candy' services...as a regular patron people even gave me a huge discount when I enter those places...so how's it? Huhuhuhuhu......"

SMACK!

"Cut some slack will ya, you perverted geezer." a well-endowed lady with a brownish hair tied back just landed a chop on the elder's head. The strike seems powerful as the elder grimaces in pain while holding his head while crouching.

Hmm...she's really beautiful and has a sexy body...though her fierce disposition just now reminds me of Carla. This girl also has a really tomboyish manner as I observed her actions while she's reprimanding the elder. Noticing my presence while taking a slight glance around her surroundings, she turned her back around and approaches me while giving a bright, carefree smile.

"Oi, so you're the adventurer that Lucian mentioned about? He gets all fidgety when speaking about you...saying 'ah he's so cool' whatsoever. Now that I think about it, you're one sexy beast ain't ya pardner?" she pats my shoulder a few times while she talked, just like an older sister patting her younger bro. Her shapely yet tough build are really interesting to feast my eyes on...and I quickly averted my sight from her after a brief glance, fearing that I will get beat off...

"I---uhh....yea."

"Oh by the way, I don't mind you staring at my body like that...you're pretty handsome so I let ya pass for now. So you must be Kirk huh, my name's Estrella...nice to meet you." she offered a handshake to me and I gladly accepted it, her handshake is filled with vigorous energy that awakens a dormant part of my desire to adventure...she must be an experienced adventurer to say the least.

"She's my granddaughter, isn't she a fine lady? While I'm retired for now she currently holds the position as the Guildmaster of this district, one of the youngest ones in our family's history to top it off. Meanwhile she and Lucian are...."

"Cut it out, you old geezer. I'm not into younger men, besides it's not appropriate to call him a boy considering his really girlish appearance you know.."

After a series of playful moments between the grandpa and his granddaughter, the Elder comes inside a large house building with few towers in the rooftops.

"This is our guild." she points out towards the building I'm looking right now "Please come in, we'll give you tons of helpful clues to aid in your adventures."

"I'll gladly take in your offer Ms. Estrella."

"Just Stella is fine, and make yourselves at home...Kirk."

I followed her inside the building, filled with curiosity. At least the first steps on uncovering the mysteries of this world will be revealed.

8. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-4 : Lounging Around the Guildhouse

A thick scent of aromatic cappuccino fills up the lounge where I'm sitting out, this guildhouse has a really nice interior just like in these modern coffee shops. Walls coated with light-brownish-tone of maple wood, with various decorations like medieval-styled paintings, sculpted animal heads, various gun models, I don't know if they were just models or an actual gun. On some of these models I could see the famous Mauser and Remington shotguns, in addition of the renowned Desert Eagle and Dragunov Sniper.

"I guess the owner is not too fond of auto or semi-auto weapons eh?" scanning the walls around me with my eyes, I took a brief glance towards Estrella who's sitting on the sofa across me, separated by a hardwood table with artistic wooden carving atop of it.

"There's the AK models right on another corner of this building, particularly grandpa's room. What owner are you talking about anyway? This guild is owned by my family to say the least." reaching out elegantly to the table, she took out the cup of coffee along with its tray, slowly bringing up the cup closer to her mouth. Before taking in the first sip, she inhaled the strong smell of Arabica beans with a faint seasoning of Almond cream and sweet, skimmed milk.

I know this taste since I've ordered this flavor before, Cafe' Au Lait. With the 1:1 ratio between the coffee and milk, differing from my bitter-but-extravagant tasting single shot espresso, no cream, nor sugar whether its brown, white, or corn-based. Meanwhile, I already downed my share of coffee while she's still enjoying her own, still half-filled to this point. She must be quite a connoisseur when it comes to enjoying her treat.

"Ah I see. The coffee here is great, I love tasting many different kinds other than Cafe' Latte. On the last one I came to I ordered that one, man it's too sweet! They didn't understand about not putting more than one tablepsoon of sugar did they? Ha! What a trauma...I swore I'm lucky not to get diabetes from it..."

"Hahahaha...you seem to be quite enthusiastic while talking about coffee, Kirk."

"You bet I am, it's been a routine for me to visit each one of these places during my adventure, oh boy it offers such a relaxing time."

Xxx​

So different from way back

"YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING SON, GET UP AND WORK, YOU LAZY PIG!"

Maybe I'm not their real son after all, and they all just seem to diss me because I'm stupid, but I have to strongly disagree with them about the lazy part. I've worked ten times as hard compared to my older brothers who just seem to dawdle around, and yet what did I get? When that point goes across, I soon lost my cool about a year ago, starting to take a closer look on whatever guns I can find.

Someday I might use them to murder my own family, all of them. They're just ridiculously evil bastards who deserved their places in rotten graves. Thanks to all of your slave-driving that I've grown big and strong, to the point it brought me to the point of pity about rising my fist to beat down their withered fat asses. Never had I tasted a single slice of meat other than the day before I left with Carla, no I didn't ate the meat at all.

Only the delicious Potato Soup, that's probably the only reason I kept staying here and work as long as I couldn't go on by my own. Even if vegetable dishes the only thing I ate, and they're mostly untouched leftovers...they did taste great. Due to this nutritious meals I've grown healthy and vigorous enough for adventuring...should I actually thank them or diss them towards the end after all?

Probably neither of those.

When did the first time I ever ate a slice of meat? Possibly at the first town I stopped with Carla, on one of the restaurants here.

It was a meat dumpling. Truly delicious, though I still prefer the vegetables over that.

Xxx​

Speaking of meats, a scent of grilled steaks came in wafting from somewhere, followed by two pairs of footsteps coming inside the building. One of them was loud with a vigorous feel in it, and the other was quite serene. Estrella quickly downed her cup of coffee in one go, grinning mischievously at me for the reason I didn't know, there she goes to welcoming two men standing in the doorway near the guest lounge.

"Good afternoon lady, we're currently having some barbecue on the front yards. Feel free to join in will ya." sounds of heavy armor rustling echoes throughout the building as this person came closer to her.

"I'm not hungry, perhaps our new guest would like to join you?"

A big man with black, spiky hair wearing a silver armor plating and thick leather pants came into clear view. With a piercing glance he looks back and forth between me and Estrella "So this is the new guy Lucian's talkin'..." he said again, putting his palm on the chin while doing so, scrutinizing me from head to toe. "Doesn't look too shabby he is...eh, nice too meet you sir Kirk.."

"Err...nice too meet you too...uh..I pass, I'm kind of vegetarian myself."

"...though it seems you might need some guidance, feel free to consult me whenever I'm available, ha!" kind of ignoring what I said earlier, he continues on his previous sentence and quickly goes back outside.

Taking a look at his normal ear, I could assume that he's human just like Estrella.

While I'm a bit distracted from noticing the other man who walked in, I finally had the chance to take a closer look at the other person while the big armored man walks away.

"He might not look like it, but he's actually shy towards strangers...not to mention, a bit delicate. By the way his name's Leon." with a somewhat soft, composed voice, an elf about the same as my height came into view. He wore a simplistic explorer's outfit with those jacket containing lots of pockets. His shoulder-length blond hair kind of reminds me of someone...

"Ah, pleasure to meet you, my name's Kirk."

It looks like I'm able to hold a decent conversation with this man, he seem to emit a friendly aura.

"Kirk, this is Elrond and he's an expert about exploration and adventuring in general. You could probably learn a lot of things from him."

"That's an overstatement, Stella. And even if gramps said to do so, it's all up to him whether he'll take the guidance or not."

"G-gladly sir! I'll take what it gets to become a better adventurer." hurriedly cutting up their conversation, I find myself being driven towards this awkward moment. It all happens so fast.

"Save the lengthy chatter for later on. Okay my name's Elrond and let's go outside the city again...we're in a dire need to unleash your potentials as an adventurer, there's no time left to spare. Ask no more questions, the answer will came up to you in time."

Xxx​

We went towards the forest where I came from. The same clearing where I first ended up, though for some reason...there's something amiss within this place.

"And now, let's begin the basic tutorial." said Elrond with a calm tone

This isn't going to be that easy, so I thought.

Unlocking my potentials as an adventurer? I don't think that there's anything special I had, but let's just wait and see what happens.

9. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-5 : Basic Tutorial

"First things first, I don't want you to be clueless on what kind of glimmering potentials you might have, mister. We have things called skills and feats which might aid us during our adventures. Let me give you a simple explanation, explorers rely on their sight in order to spot enemies and traps lying nearby. And speaking of Traps, I'm not talking about Lucian."

In this peaceful clearing filled with flocks of light spheres closing in on us, Elrond the Explorer puffs his chest with pride as he explains the mechanisms of our adventure. Speaking of which I wonder how is he related to the 'delicious trap' Lucian? Does it involve some kind of evil empire that plots to purge this entire world from...mischievous spoons? This was a morbid mystery I can't comprehend nonetheless.

"By the way sir, did you by any chance look good when you're crossdressing?" come to think of it, sir Elrond also looks really girly and in addition of his kind of high-pitched and soft, mellow voice. Though his masculine attire along with his boisterous way of speaking kinda throws me off from this original assumption about him being a potential Trap.

"YES OF COURSE! No no no no...I mean...HEY YOU STOP MAKING ME IMAGINING WEIRD THINGS. Now let's see how these skills and feats will work." after yelling at me with the mixture of embarrassment and anger, he throws out a stone in a random spot, and suddenly a greenish fire sparks from the ground, burning the stone into cradles. The fire itself looks so violent, it makes my feet tremble just by standing around.

"Guuuhhh..." kinda unrelated, but if you ask about my appearance I look just like some ordinary guy. More on the masculine side as I had lots of testosterone running through my veins, lastly I don't think I will do any good at crossdressing.

"And about your type Mr. Kirk, I think you will do pretty well if you shaved that stubble and cleaning it up. I might have some appropriate dress you could use on a regular basis, but since your physique is pretty masculine...there's probably a reason enough not to do it instead. You see, not everyone has a 'Feat' for crossdressing mwahahahahaha..."

By the way, sir Elrond seems really experienced about this huh.

"Sir, is this basic tutorial about dressing up in women outfit? Does it offer you some camouflage as the monsters won't tend to harm women..."

Not the perverted ones though, I really wonder whether this kind of tactic would be effective on warding these beastful creatures.

"Arrgghhhh...no no no! We're talking about how to get around these traps, and not that kind of traps! Anyway, what did you see after I set off that Deadly Fire Trap?"

"Honestly speaking, I did not see anything besides the fire itself. Maybe some images of a half-dressed girl in it, and that angle was top notch."

Sir Elrond cocks his head, and then scribbled on his notebook that he took from one of his pockets "Let's see then, mister Kirk Thompson, you have a 'Dirty Mind' which is certainly a feat."

Dirty mind eh?

"Whoa thank you sir, I felt really flattered by your comp-"

"THAT WASN'T A COMPLIMENT YOU FOOL! But yeah I'm really impressed about your ability on being so carefree and imagining perverted things while we're on a dangerous place like this."

What kind of dangerous place? This just seem like a peaceful clearing with random Traps scattered around.

"Hahahahaha, I also wondered about that too. There's also a rotten coconut between that monkey's thighs by the way." I pointed out towards a weird scenery I came across while scanning around the environment. "Lucian, that's a bold way to say that you're hung like a horse. I don't want to see you get hanged ya hear me!" I wonder how did I suspect the monkey as the cute Lucian, but certainly it is pretty tall for a monkey.

"Yikes, you got him, mister Kirk. That's certainly a superb observation within this environment when camouflaging appears to be easy enough in order to fool the eyes of even an experienced explorer."

"Nah, sir. It's pretty obvious enough that you got a phobia for seeing something that looks like a ballsack."

"Y-YOU SAID IT! YOU SAID IT! I got a major turn-off for crude words, mind your mouth, ya knave."

And I wasn't even trying to turn you on, sire. Or should I say missus, do you want me to turn you on instead, like a lightbulb by shoving my electric taser down your armpits? Nah I don't want to make this noble elf angry. It's my upbringing as a dirty peasant that I tend to spout out some crude words while I'm in my easygoing state.

"And that monkey's obviously not Lucian, sire. I think from my first meetings, that the monkey's movement was not delicate and graceful like he is." ignoring his previous remark, I went on and mentioned his blunder. He can't even differentiate between a graceful elf and a monkey, what a dud master explorer he is!

"Okay okay you got me mister Kirk. You certainly had much exceeded my expectations, and now onto the next phase of this tutorial..."

Wait there's more of it? I want to get back to the guild as soon as possible because I want to see Ms. Estrella's smile. Though sir Elrond also looks feminine, my orientation is still normal. And it's not good either to look at Lucian even though his personality is submissive and he looks delicate as a maiden.

But sometimes deep in my heart there's a saying

"Admit it Kirk, you're a homosexual for beautiful guys on your peculiar taste."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I should watch out for these bunch of elves if I still wanted to retain my sanity.

Xxx​

Uh, why are we back to the guild? Sir Elrond just said that he had some matters to do himself. But most likely as he's just lazy on tutoring me I think.

"You're already experienced to the point you can take care of yourself, no need to dug up your potentials anymore. Until we meet again mister Kirk."

It's only been about an hour and a bit more since I got outside the city with Elrond. Though it's already time enough for a late afternoon lunch, judging by the current clock at the guild. Miss Estrella bought a tray filled with delicious looking sandwiches that makes my hunger pangs escalate. Meanwhile, Lucian, who's sitting beside me, back from his errand on working in this guild's garden, he's also drooling at the delicious sandwich...wait, he must be looking at someplace else.

"Miss Estrella, your rack is so wonderful."

"BURF!" I spat out the water I'm currently drinking at the table. Stella doesn't really bother about it though, yeah..I'm going to refer to her as Stella from now on because she's also looks about the same age as me, a bit older though to be honest, but that might made her upset.

"Hush! A girl shouldn't be saying such things, even more, a delicate looking one like you..." nice, Stella! Lucian's a girl alright...yup?

"Huuuu...but I'm a boy..." no please don't add that word again, just let me convince myself that you're actually a girl...come on...come on...

Needless to say we enjoyed the meal alot, the sandwiches was really delicious and I ate about three of them. Lucian and Stella gazes at me in amazement, saying 'muscular men does ate a lot aren't they'.

By the way, Stella ate about five of them, and Lucian ate four. So there you have it.

It's pretty strange how sir Elrond already deem me worthy as an adventurer by just a brief observation. I probably should ask his reasoning behind it when I see him again.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  10. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-6 : After the Lunch

"Alright then Stella, I'm going for a short walk outside for a bit. It's not good just to sit there and lay around after you ate." finishing up the last of my last sandwich, I rose up from my seat, leaving Lucian and Stella, both of them still looks completely engrossed in gurgling down their milkshakes.

Staring at both of them made me giggle a bit because they looked like a pair of homely sisters, that also contributes the factor that Lucian really looks like a girl. As I start walking towards the entrance, Lucian stood up and followed me, Stella also did the same too. Though I didn't felt any intention of her leaving this place at all.

"I'm going too." shyly tugging the hem of my jacket with his slender hands, Lucian's cheeks turned cherry red which kinda gives me a mixture of being creeped out, because he's actually a guy and he surprisingly acts girly. Though at some other aspects I'm completely okay with it because he kinda gives me the vibe of a nice younger brother.

"H-hey, finish your milkshake first, I won't be getting far away from the guild."

Ah, my hand suddenly went up to pat his head, brushing against his golden hair. A silky soft feeling runs through my hands, gliding smoothly against the hair surface. There he gently took my hand and raised it, with a determined expression saying 'I'm not a kid anymore'. His lips formed an energetic smile, unfolding another mysterious side of his.

"I'm full already, besides miss Stella could finish two of these without any problem, ain't it right miss?"

Stella simply gave us a light smile. And then she went back to her seat, starting to nibble on both milkshakes at once. It turns out that due to sudden burst of utter curiosity, Lucian skips ahead of me towards the entrance, leaving me out alone with Stella in this dining room. An awkward feeling rose up from my heart while staring at her beauty...until she raised her face a bit to meet my gaze and spoke

"Don't worry Kirk, I'm sure Lucian swing both ways!" with her signature thumbs up, she also gave me a mischievous smile that most likely, beckons an insidious intent.

"HEY! I'M STILL NORMAL!"

I lied. Deep down inside I might had a homosexual side for beautiful guys, though I really really hate to admit it because my tsundere side is catching up. Oi, what's up with that tsundere thingy anyway? This start making less sense at all.

Ignoring all these annoying phrases she'd thrown at me that mostly involving boys' love, I think she might be a potential Fujoshi, which is a slang for a girl who's really crazed about guy-on-guy thingy. Then how would it turn out if she reads a guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-sheep theme? Will she still be a Fujoshi or will she grew a fascination for sheeps instead? For your information, it's about a casual story about several guys who manages a ranch filled with sheeps, many handsome young guys on there but I'm not interested at all since they look nothing like a girl.

Uhhhh...I gotta start finding a clue how to cure this obsession with Traps and other potential Traps. But as one of my friends said to me.

"When you've already fell down into it, there's absolutely NO WAY OUT."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"I'm still normal...I still liked girls...ugghhhh..."

And so on I kept muttering these words in a whisper as I walked through the dining room, ignoring Stella's jibba-jabba, and then found Lucian at the entrance. The spectacle of him playing with his hair, which is tied back in ponytails, instantaneously made me affix my attention to it.

"Shall we go then? There's a place I really wanna show you, Mr. Kirk..." saying this, he took off my hand with a surprisingly great strength considering his small and slender stature, running towards the streets while dragging me around.

It's quite strange how I'm the first one intending to go for a walk myself hahaha...

"Whoa...whoa...hold on a bit, and don't run after you just ate okay?"

Paying a heed to my words, he quickly stopped his tracks while we're just running a bit on the streets. He slowed down his pace but it's still fast enough to consider it as a speedy walk. Speaking of which what on earth made him rush into it so much?

Xxx​

"Hufff...hufff...hufff..."

I swear, all of these walking really tires me out, from going back and forth the forest with sir Elrond, and then Lucian forcefully drags me into this place. I'm outta my breath, my feet also starts getting sore.

"We're finally here, Mr. Kirk...whoa I didn't realize you're already exhausted...sorry..."

With my sight partly blurred out from fatigue, finally figured out that we've walked far enough from the guild, I saw a glimpse of a building that looks like a huge greenhouse. Lucian took me towards a wooden bench near this building's entrance and both of us sat together. Though suddenly after we just sat...

"GULP!"

"Here, some refreshing herb for you."

Lucian...what is this plant...which you just shoved towards my open mouth? I couldn't form any words, now that my mouth is now preoccupied with chewing down this herb. It gives my throat a really refreshing feel, and soon after the soreness in my feet subsides. Though the taste itself is pretty much bitter, just what you expect from herbal stuff.

"Hey this herb makes me feel much better. I wonder what kind of herb is this? I think that I've tasted some of those before..."

"Mint leaves, to be exact. Those on the outskirts of Avalon had the highest quality of these, it reduces your fatigue by half, it also made you regain a major portion of your stamina. Gave a fatigued man an Avalon mint leaf, and they will be completely invigorated."

"Really? That's really great! I think it will really come in handy for treasure hunters and miners who's digging deep down the darkness, when they were damn exhausted and still can't find a suitable place for resting."

"Ahahahaha...you're so silly Mister."

"Hey...hey...hey...how could it be silly? I'm just using my common sense!"

With a feminine way of laughing by covering his mouth with hands, he gave me a playful look, somewhat appeased with my bewildered expression.

"Let me explain it firsthand, if someone took a bit more of these regular dosage, they might quickly pass out. This revitalizing herb is truly strong you know...the dose was also determined by the user's constitution levels as well..."

What...it's also used as a knockout drug? Must persevere...damn it, my consciousness is fading. I don't know is it because of the over-dosage or some kind of placebo effect.

"H-hey, Mr. Kirk...I didn't give too much of those, right? Since you looks strong..."

"How...should...I...know...hey, I'm just kidding by the way ahahahahahaha!"

Turns out that it's just me who's over-imagining things. The herb was pretty much harmless so to say. Meanwhile, seeing Lucian's annoyed face right now really makes me happy because he looks so adorable, pouting his lips like that.

"Geez, that's why I think you're so silly." brushing his blond hair aside, he stood up from his seat, giving out a deep sigh, then turned out to face me again, this time with a serious look. "Since you still looks fine even after taking that much a dosage, please do follow me inside the Greenhouse, I have something important to tell you, sir."

"W-why? Can't we just talk here casually?" besides I like it better here with the gentle breezy wind blowing around.

Lucian then swiftly approaches my ear and whispers in a really low voice, though I can still his words clear enough.

"Don't you feel like someone's been watching us secretly, Mr. Kirk?"

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  11. spinx04 Veteran

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +2,539 / -0
    waktu baca sinopsis nya sebenar nya aq ga terlalu tertarik, tapi gitu mulai baca prelude nya, ternyata menarik! :shock1:

cerita nya menghibur [humoris], alur nya ga membingungkan walaupun maju mundur, kalimat nya pun mudah di mengerti walaupun dalam format bahasa inggris, impressive :top:
    #walau pada kenyataan nya beberapa kali buka kamus karena ada kata2 yang baru dengar :haha:
    :madesu:

lanjut baca :belajar:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Wah tengkyu banget bro buat komen na :sembah:

Thanks buat input na moga2 kedepan bisa saia tetap bikin menarik buat dibaca :xiexie:

13. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-7 : Purpose

What is the actual purpose of this adventure? I'm sure it wasn't just because I like adventuring, that I decided to grab ahold of this quest in order to find the Seeds of Knowledge. There has been many perilous trips done there and there in order to find out the clue about it, located deep somewhere amidst the Grimgnaw Mountains, but the only real clue I found was located on the novel that Kirk bought somewhere in the bookstores somewhere on the elven city of Roswell Dale.

Ahem, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Carla Sutherland and adventuring has become a part of my daily life since my childhood, as I've been traveling along my father since I was a little child, only for a few years until he has deem me old enough to send me into a boring school. I do skip out classes quite frequently to hole myself up inside the library, it's fortunate enough that the library itself has many assorted collections of useful books which serves as a solid foundation on my future adventures by the time I graduated from all my education at the age of 17.

This knowledge was very useful on getting clues to make my way on, for planning the travels, based on the detailed descriptions of the terrains located on this novel, while the author was describing his travel details before reaching his destined place. I originally want to read this out of interest because Kirk seems to be engrossed enough while reading this book, and soon it also got me hooked because when I read the synopsis, I could completely relate to the Protagonist and their fellows who's been searching for the similar item to grant their wishes.

If you're telling me what kind of wish is strong enough in order for us to undertake such perilous ventures, I guess both of us are just plain stupid. I don't know about Kirk, but I don't really have anything to wish for I guess, I'm just thrilled by the mere thought of a challenging adventure, and even more after I finished reading the whole novel. What kind of places will they end up to, during their progresses? What kind of mythical beasts will they encounter, or maybe they will fight them? It thrills me on how might and magic alone could conquer even the mighty dragons, there I guess it's only a fictional story, but they way it's written was so realistic, I can easily believe what's written to be true enough.

It might sound utterly ridiculous that we got there by just following a vague direction that I interpreted from the novel. But from asking the people I met along the way, I've become convinced enough that we're taking the right path. If only Kirk didn't bought that novel, I could guarantee that our venture would be much longer than expected.

Xxx​

"Yawn...why is he taking so long, that slowpoke idiot..."

It's been a few hours since Kirk went towards the woods in order to gather some stuff. Well, did he actually got lost inside the forest? It's really a bother for me to leave because I can leave all this valuable traveling materials alone, and I'm not strong enough to lift all these belongings too, it might also be a hassle for me to fight random monsters that came up while I'm carrying too much stuff though.

Come to think of it...I've learned this magic a long time ago, which was called the 'Inventory' spell. This one took about 2 Mana Points in order to chant it, I don't know for sure but I could somehow sense how much mana do I have right now, which is around 100, so moving all these objects would be no problem.

I also do know lot numbers of spells and used it quite often along with my precious sword, Fandango, which is shaped like a rapier. There I had this handy blade, buckled firmly into my belt.

Though I prefer not to spend my mana at all during easy fights as it's not that easy to recover it, the Ether potions could only replenish about 100 mana points, and it's really damn expensive while having a good night rest could fill up all of these, and having a power nap would replenish all of it.

So yeah, in order to use that magic while not during battles, I usually close my eyes and imagine a menu with my character portrait and it's status :

Carla Sutherland : Lv 45

HP : 5834/6650

MP : 196 / 950

Gains :

Strength : B

Dexterity : S

Agility : A

Vitality : B

Intelligence : S

Wisdom : S

Spirit : A

Luck : B

Feats :

Genius

Pathfinding

Natural Arcane Lore

etc.

(kind of too lazy to input more)

As you guys have guessed, I might came out as an overpowered character. And for the low usage of MPs, I don't really know for sure. My MP hasn't replenished at all yet...during these last few days...it might be because I haven't got a leisurely rest at all.

Let's see, he's also still in this party too...

Kirk Thompson : Lv 43

HP : 7500 / 7500

MP : 380 / 400

Gains :

Strength : A

Dexterity : A

Agility : B

Vitality : S

Intelligence : A

Wisdom : B

Spirit : S

Luck : A

Feats:

Darkvision

Alert

Critical Hit Bonus

etc.

Geez, his gains and levels are pretty much overpowered too. And it's kind of unfair how he also get experience points while all he does are just hiding behind me as I launched these flurry of attacks.

And I definitely hate this stupid smile in his portrait!

Okay then let's skip all these and went towards 'magic', then I selected 'Inventory' from the list of it, with the cost of 2 MP. I envisioned a circle enveloping the entire area, with all items glowing in red color resembles the objects belonging to me. By the way, Kirk's bagpack doesn't get highlighted so I might have to carry it on my way of search.

"Inventory."

I chanted out the spell and all the camping equipments, and various tools dissipated into thin air, leaving Kirk's bag alone. I walked towards it and picked it up, well this bag doesn't feel heavy at all, even though the content's kinda packed.

And if you're asking, the objects' are going to end up in my item list so don't worry about it.

"Well then, let's go on helping that idiot out."

Saying this, I turned towards the direction Kirk went off too. Carrying his bagpack on my back, I walked swiftly inside the forest.

I'm kinda curious myself about what awaits me over there, hopefully I could finally find the entrance to the place where the 'Seeds of Knowledge' lies.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  14. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-8 : What is this I don't even

"Mister Kirk, don't you think that someone's been watching us from the shadows?"

Hmm...come to think of it, I did feel a presence from behind, from somewhere amidst these luster green bushes. Could it be...

"I know Lucian, since you're so pretty it's natural for you to have stalkers."

"Uh..s-sir? But I'm A GUY...you know..."

A guy? I think there's something deep inside my memory that tries to forget the fact that this blond beauty was actually, a boy.

"Guaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...nooooo...nooo. Please tell me you're lying, YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LYING...okay I've heard you say it before but I just can't believe this."

"Ummm...it's...so embarassing...mister Kirk...but if it's you...I think that's okay, wanna check? Please be gentle...oh yeah, don't forget that we're BOTH GUYS."

Huh? For some reason I felt chills down my spine when Lucian starts making such an adorable expression, it's like, he's become a completely different person.

Okay Kirk, brace yourself. You are a straight man.

I'm not gay...really!

Definitely, I'm not going to get turned on by beautiful guys.

Even if he's so adorable and completely looks like a girl, like those in front of me.

I repeat again, I'm completely normal...normal...normal...uguuuu...

This is much harder than I thought. Maybe I'm actually a closet homosexual by nature? Oh damn it, really damn it. Please clear my mind and focus, there's actually a number of really cute girls out there, let's see..there's Rose whom I just met right after I end up in this world, she has an ethereal sense of beauty around her. I wanna meet up with her again of course...it's nice to be closer to a girl this cute.

And there's also Carla who's really cute even though she's a brute most of the time, what makes me attracted to her the most is her strong and reliable personality though, it kind of makes me wanna be her younger brother even if she's actually younger than me. But the aspect about she's being a brute still stands, if only she would be more gentle I will be hugging her every day because she's just like a doll when she's acting calm.

Then, the guildmaster, Stella, she has a mature charm around her although she's probably not that much older than me. Her feminine and homely presence she brought about whenever she's there with us that brought about feelings of tranquility and warmth. If only she's not such a Fujoshi, I might easily fell head over heels for her.

Fine then, there's many cute girls out there, no need to be desperate enough and start aiming for a guy instead.

Reminding myself again, I wanna say that, I'm completely normal, and I still like girls. No, don't treat me like a bi, you perverts.

"S-stop...s-stop...okay okay, I'll believe you. Now stop trying to pull your pants down, it's totally indecent."

Oh yeah, why did I think of him as a guy? Stella also said he's a guy, but what really convinces me that he's one is...that one unbelievably big loldongs protruding from the pants. It's kind of creepy how a person this cute and girly could have such a prominent tralala dingdingdong.

"Sir, why do you think just another guy pulling his pants down is indecent? Come on we're both guys there's nothing wrong with..."

"IT'S NOT OKAY IF YOU'RE UNDRESSING YOURSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF A PUBLIC PARK! HAVE SOME DECENCY WILL YA!"

Just like a naughty kid, Lucian forms a mischievous smirk that kind of ticks me off, but on the other hand, my heart starts melting due the cuteness of this playful attitude.

"By the way, I'm still wearing my boxers you know. And what I'm doing is alright compared to the Elder over there who's taking a dump naked in the open."

He points out towards the entrance of the greenhouse, on the soil box there's an old man holding his stance like a kungfu fighter, with his butt positioned right above the soil box. Okay the sight is completely disturbing since he's completely naked...

"Let's go away from the Greenhouse for now, I suddenly feel sick after watching that."

"Please don't take it the wrong way, sir. I think the Elder just wants to pay respect to the nature by being naked, and the poop was also the product of nature you know, it's better than using the magically-enhanced fertilizers. Uh...I think our genius mage would be completely mad if she hears this..."

"Mage? Isn't Stella the one who's taking care of the magical department?"

"Miss Stella used to be one since she's the number one mage in addition of being so skilled at archery. But since she moved up to become the guildmaster, replacing the Elder over here who's taking a dump naked, there's her junior who's right below her in terms of rank who replaced her as the head of the department."

Hold on, my brain freezes after he said, replacing the Elder who's taking a dump naked.

"Hold on, does that mean Stella also going to take a dump naked in the open too? Since she's replacing that old geezer after all."

"Geez, you're so silly, mister Kirk. Miss Stella's going to get mad if she hears that."

Then we walked away from the Greenhouse area without doing anything much. After we walked back for some time, I just realized that I'm pretty much forgotten about the 'stalker' that Lucian was talking about earlier.

When we're at the point where I think, it's close enough to the guildhouse, I turned around and asked him.

"So like, what's the important thing you wanna talk about with me earlier, was it so important that we have to walk all the way to that place?"

The sudden inquiry made Lucian stopped his trail. He giggles a bit, trying his best on holding the laughter that's about to come.

"Pffft...mmm...you know sir...you're just so funny...that I'm feeling like pulling your leg off, I had nothing in mind to tell you though...ahahaha!"

"You...little!"

Saying that, Lucian dashes at full speed ahead, his velocity was so high I could barely keep up with him as I tried to chase him down. Damn, forest elves sure do run fast eh?

"Hufff...hufff...I'm sure get outta breath quickly...damn it, he's good..."

What am I doing really? Standing in the middle of the street trying to catch on my breath, with some of the curious onlookers taking a short glance at me, then moved away back to their original activity.

Then, suddenly I felt a pat on my back, it was strong and heavy.

"Oi, at least I finally found you. Seriously, why are you being such a bother?"

I turned back to see a surprising spectacle in front of me

"Carla..."

"Yeah, it's quite a long story on how I do end up here, Kirk. For now let's get back on the guild...move your lazy arse now."

"Ughh..."

She's being rowdy as usual huh? Though I guess that's what makes her Carla, having her with me somehow makes me feel ease. I don't know how the heck did we met up here but I complied with her request.

"By the way that blond girl who's with you before was really cute. You're really a player, Kirk, I heard you've just been here and you're already hooking up...oh my..."

"Hey, Carla...don't get wrong ideas, Lucian is A GUY."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, let get back to the guild first if you want to clarify...well at least I'm glad to have you back here, Carla."

She stops her walk when she heard my previous lines, with her face blushing...

"D-did you say anything just now? I-it's not like I'm especially here for you...you know?"

"Nah, don't mind it. I'm just saying that I'm glad to have you back, now shall we go then?"

"Alright..."

That's also the part which makes her adorable I guess.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  15. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-9 : Meet Misty

This is Carla, and I'm going to explain to you folks on how did I end up here, accidentally meeting up with Kirk by chance.

Firstly, when exploring the depths of this forested area which Kirk just walked in, I finally made my way throughout the forest in one piece using the map, which I've drawn myself based upon the clues which this mysterious novel holds. I'm following the direction step by step as I read this novel, and that's also the reason why I choose this peculiar point to land from the Bone Dragon ride, because the description of this place bears a striking resemblance to those which this novel described.

Yeah I know this is stupid, but I don't care anyway.

Starting from the parts which was marked as the starting point, I readied my compass and looked around the simple map which I've drawn while imagining the scenery of the adventurer with his friends, with him as the narrator describing the directions they took before reaching the new world. Huh? Come to think of it, it doesn't have any relevance to what's mostly important, does it?

I'm just looking for Kirk, of course. There's no point on rushing towards the new world without him, you know. But well, I've finally drawn to him here by another ridiculous reason...as I finally decided to just follow my instincts and act based on the assumption that by a mere chance, he ended up in this new world, I followed the directions which my map gives me, using the landmark guidances, for example :

Walk ahead on the northeast direction until you've reached a gargantuan-sized tree with bear etchings on it, it should fork the direction into three ways, the left way will lead you into a trap, and the right way is the right way...what...wait a second.

Yes, just when I'm about to turn right from that fork, I heard an eerie voice calling, referring to themselves as 'The Spirit of the Forest'

"Your friend had already entered the new world, go and follow this path if you want to catch up to him, young lady."

"What the? You sound so creepy like a pedophile! Don't tell me that you guys turned Kirk into a lolicon? I just can't believe this, how am I supposed to do if he ends up in jail due to child molestation? I'm so ashamed..."

Anyways I did reply to the voice with these boisterous manner, though as the voice didn't reply back to me, it must be my imagination. But somehow, those vague message conveyed to me ina sudden manner bears a strong tone of conviction which made me sure enough to follow it.

As the rest of this path complies exactly as what's written by the book and my simply-drawn map, I soon find myself in a clearing...with no other ways left, beside a humongous circle amidst it. The circle looks exactly like those in the picture books about the Amarok tribes, it resembles their summoning circle which could be used to summon mythical creatures like The Magnataur and Phoenix.

Hmmm...that's odd, it's definitely written on this book about the group of travelers entering a building which looks like a sky-high tower.

Nah I don't care, I'll just go enter this circle anyway as I'm feeling really hungry right now. Hopefully there will be boar stew right over there!

A blinding light envelops me as I stepped my feet down the circle, I quickly ran ahead towards the center of the circle before the light fully envelops my sight.

Xxx​

"Ah, Onee-chan, you finally awake?"

It was a really sweet voice which wakes me up from this lapse of unconsciousness. Though, come to think of it, why does she addressed me in that term instead of usually calling me 'big sis'?

Opening up my eyes, I saw a figure of a young girl, possibly about 2 or 3 years younger than myself, she has a sweet smile which brought about a sensation filled with innocence, her sparkling green hair falls gracefully as she tilted her head sideways, meeting my glance in such adorable way. Taking a brief glance on her, I could see that she's wearing an oversized robe and a witch hat, which firmly affixed to her head, that kind of looks unnatural when she tries tilting her head.

"Mmmmhhhh...nggghhhhh...uuuuu..." I unconsciously let my voice out, then closed my eyes again, basking myself in this comfortable cushion which seems to be a bed, made with high quality materials that feels so comfy and fluffy. The head pillow which cushions my head seems to be shouting out a suggestive message for me to sleep again.

"Nee-chan, your voice was ...kind of...erotic. Misty likes it...somehow it makes Misty feel really strange...it's all your fault...for making me like this..."

I'm not really her big sister, but it fills me with a sensation of warmth when she calls me that, with that adorable voice which just invites me in towards her grasp. Am I going to end up at her palm anyway?

Oh my, why is it so hard for my eyes to open up...my head feels so heavy with my body being completely withered. Though for a moment, I could feel a hot breath on my face, which sets me into full alert.

I reflexively opened my eyes and pushed my body backwards, there I saw this green-haired girl's face really close to me. She stared up to me so close, I could feel myself blushing hard.

W-why...am I like this...she's just another girl...like me.

"Ehehe...I'm sorry Nee-chan, your lips was just so entrancing, I want to kiss it!"

"Geez! What's with you, trying to kiss people whom you just met?"

"Don't be such a tsun-tsun, nee-chan...I know that deep inside you wanna 'do it' with Misty too...come on...be honest..."

"Shut up."

"Uguuuu..."

Uh, why do I feel bad for rejecting this girl? Even though she's very cute, it's not right for me to be turned on by another girl!

Xxx​

"So your name is Misty eh?"

After things got calmed down, Misty escorts me towards a huge room which resembles a library, with a large area in the center with a large summoning circle amidst it. She said to me that I suddenly end up here unconscious and she had to carry me with the help of a Levitation spell.

"Yup, and I'm currently 18 years old."

"Ah I see...I got the feeling you're around that age but the way you act, it just seem to make you look much younger...and cute too..."

"Really? Thank you Nee-chan, ehehehe..."

"Nah, just call me Carla, we're not that far apart in age after all.."

Oh yeah, we did sat on the sofa, in front of a large fireplace when we talked together. After I did mention my name she giggles a bit, maybe she found my name funny after all.

"Ah..Miss Carla, you have such a beautiful name! Let's see...Misty and Carla...I think we'll make a perfect pair...ehehehehe..."

"Hey, what's with you all of sudden, oi!"

What's with that girl getting clingy all of sudden to me?

Then, a short moment after we talked together again, sounds of footsteps came from the upstairs, there a really beautiful brown-haired woman with a kitchen apron and casual clothing walks to us.

"Ah, Miss Stella..." Misty addressed this woman with a tone that underlies a great amount of respect...

The woman named Stella gives Misty a light smile then walked towards our seats, giving a refined looking glance which fills me up with awe.

"You there, cute cowgirl with red-hair, are you possibly had something in relation with someone named Kirk Thompson?"

To make things short, she gave me a clue about Kirk's whereabouts, and I bumped to him while going out to search for him, end of story.

16. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-10 : A Bogus Revelation

In the end I told him everything aside from the fact that a girl nearly kissed me. So I just manipulated the story, telling him that I suddenly end up in a place that looks like a library and soon enough, I was welcomed by Stella, who gives me clues about how to found him. Seriously, how could I possibly told him about my run-in experience with Misty? She nearly kissed me damn it...this is so embarrassing, it won't be nice if she actually stole my first kiss...I probably won't be able to go outside again...

Well, i don't want my name to be associated with girls' love. Although I have to admit that she's really cute and I just want to snuggle her...just like a younger sister.

To tell you the truth, I'm the youngest child in my family so I was wondering how will it be to have a younger sibling, particularly a younger sister.

I do have an older sister though. She might seem totally carefree at times, but when push comes to shove, she's a very reliable person, though unfortunately she doesn't have that much a passion on adventuring for us to be together. How I missed her a lot whenever I went adventuring for a prolonged time...I hope she'll be alright.

Then at instant, I felt my drifting thoughts had all but subsided when Kirk gives me a pat on the back.

"Hey, what's wrong Carla? You're spacing out just now." the visage of him suddenly looking upon me from above kinda surprises me, especially since he's tall and big...after all.

"N-nothing, it's just your imagination." I tried to play it off by acting as calm as possible to avoid his suspicion.

"Hmm...okay then." in response to me, he just shrugged his shoulders, exhaling some heavy sighs on our way back to the guildhouse.

"Well, that reminds me...what's up with you? You certainly seem tired, Kirk."

He stopped right away down his path, then began walking to another direction leading to the park.

"Nothing much, I just wanna have a little rest, care to join me for a bit?"

"..."

Xxx​

"Zzzzzz...zzzzzzz...zzzzz...snore...snore..."

Well, he certainly seems tired enough to be sleeping like a log just after he lays comfortably down the stony park bench.

The sounds of the fountain with merry voices of elven kids running about, with their parents watching over them, they occasionally waved back to each other too. Come to think of it, there's many elves in this town, no wonder it's called Avalon huh...it's famously known as the Ancient City of Elves...could it be...

Nah, this is too bogus in order to be just a mere coincidence. Avalon was supposed to vanish during the ancient ages, which happened about 5000 years ago, during the reign of King Damascus, whom was the first person that took the record of the city, Avalon, during his youth.

Then, years later after he had become a young king, he made a visit again to meet up with his elven friends, only to found that the city was all but disappeared. There's only a mountain range so perilous to cross with, and he did not dare to venture any further because he's taken aback by his responsibilities as a king. If in case something happens to him because of this risky attempt, the whole nation would be thrown into despair, so there you have it.

This might be unrelated, but the king himself looks really good on girls' clothes because of his totally androgynous appearance. The Queen herself like to dress her husband up in cute clothing she tailored with. As a matter of fact, she also has the hobby of making these moe clothings.

In the king's record, he wrote about his experience of getting hit on by various elven people when he entered the city. He often got mistaken for a masculine girl who likes to dress up in male clothes. But let's left that aside for now before you got really interested on what kind of Trap he was.

King Damascus named this mountain range as 'Grimgnaw Mountains' which symbolizes his despair of unable to meet up with his dearest friends. I just wanted to clarify about my current hypothesis, should it be true...then I would get completely mind-blown over this.

"Excuse me, ma'am, could I have a minute...there's something I wanna ask." I called out to one of the elf woman who's watching over her kids. As the elves were basically refined people, I must mind my manners and speak with formality.

"Ara ara, I see...so what is it, young miss?" to my surprise, the elf housewife talks so casually it took me aback. Come to think of it, the majority of the elves at Roswell Dale also talks normally just like us humans. And the ones who talks in formal and refined manner were mostly scholars or artists...

"Do you know something...about an esteemed person called...King Damascus?"

"You mean, the princess?"

W-what...did she just said...princess?

"Ah, the Princess likes to call herself that and she tries to tell everyone that she's a guy. Who would believe that statement coming from such a sweet and kind girl like her anyway..."

Hmm...it's getting interesting.

"And yeah miss, just to clarify...the princess doesn't have anything 'down there', as her own little sister actually checked up on it. So her own statement about her being a guy is totally nonsensical..."

What? Hold on a second...let me gather my thoughts first

"Oh by the way...you look very pretty, just like the princess, not to mention you kind of resemble her, young miss. Are you possibly a relative of hers?" with a sparkling eyes, the elf housewife took a glance from my head to toe, even though there's nothing interesting in there

"Sorry...I'm not that beautiful actually, just a normal girl. And yeah, you could say that my family are kinda related as we somewhat shared the same bloodline for generations. Though I'm not really sure if the Princess you're referring to was actually my relative."

"P-pardon...my insolence, your highness! Ah, so you must be from a high-standing nobility, judging from your solemn presence you seem to give. May I see your family insignia, your excellency?"

"Please drop the formalities aside, it's making me uncomfortable."

I took the leather gloves from my right hand and revealed to her a dragon crest with ancient writings below it that reads 'Ragnarok', the symbol is etched to my right hand as a symbol of the Sutherland family for generations; It serves as a powerful insignia that's well known to give the bearer mysterious powers. I don't know myself what does this mark holds...maybe I'll find it out soon as I continue adventuring.

"Ah...I see...I think I can't give any words about it...I'm sorry...please excuse me and my child, your excellency..."

It's kind of unexpected that this is the first time someone seems so shocked by looking at my insignia, all the other people were either impressed or even made a fun of it, saying that's a trendy tattoo.

Bummer, she disappeared so quickly before I could even ask another question. That's so strange indeed.

Meanwhile, Kirk still sleeps soundly in the park bench, giving no care about what happens in this world. For some reason, while looking at his peaceful sleeping face, it releases some of the mental burden that's weighed down in my heart.

Oh yeah, that reminds me...it's been a while since I took my beloved sword to the blacksmith. It definitely needs some repair and tune-up...I hope that I had enough money to pay for the sword repairs while getting a replacement weapon for the meantime.

Meanwhile, I think I'll go look for the blacksmith shop first. Let's see if I could find a trustworthy enough candidate to handle this precious treasure of mine.

Just wait for a moment Kirk, I'll be right back.

17. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-11 : At Homerton's Armory

In this world, there were many kinds of legendary swords. Most notably, the legendary sword that cleaves evil, Excalibur, which could only be wield by the greatest paladins, this sword could cut anything, including the demon king himself. The legendary blade itself has also defeated countless evil, and put the entire demon race into massacre, a weapon really to be reckoned with, rumors said that this sword was forged by a divine angel with his own blood and soul.

It was said that the angel died right after he finished forging this sword, and the curiosity of his fellow angels turn them all into dispute to who has the most righteous spirit in order to wield such holy sword. The blade was cast away right after by Deus, the leader of Angels, in order to subdue the uprising in the Throne of Skies. And it soon ends up...pierced deep down a sacred stone waiting to be pulled out.

The first one ever to pull this sword was actually a sickly maiden named Medivh, who soon enough becomes the most reliable aide to Grand Inquisitor Alexander, one of the greatest leaders ever to grace the history of this nation under his leadership. This sword also gave the bearer some kind of immortality and the ability to regenerate oneself, making Medivh to be one of the most powerful swordswoman ever lived.

There's also such bloodthirsty sword that could even kill a deity, called the Sinclaire. Only those with the most wicked mind would be able to wield such monstrosity, as most people who tried to touch it got their souls sucked into oblivion for the rest of their lifetime. The rumors within the creation of such murderous weapon still lies in mystery, many people cowers in fear of imagining what kind of being would create such terrible weapon that wreaks havoc throughout eternity? Unlike Excalibur...there's only a few things that this sword can cut, but the effects were absolutely devastating.

It's the only known weapon in this world to be able to destroy the immortal soul itself, making the person cease to exist for eternity, being excluded from the reincarnation cycle...leaving the consciousness into the realm of nothingness with no end. Sinclaire doesn't really harm the physical body, though it will mercilessly shatter the soul and turn every single being with consciousness into havoc even just being near it.

The effects of massive bleeding could be witnessed with Sinclaire damaging those with an ethereal body, such as deities. And unlike Excalibur, the bearer doesn't get immortality at all. Rumors said that, upon their death, the swordbearer will become a part of sword's consciousness themselves, and there's no escape from their fate.

There was one people known for wielding such terrifying weapon, his name's Forbidden. He was known to hate everything that exists, enough to make himself to break into the Throne of Angels, then proceeds to kill Deus, who hath governed the angels since a very long time. Thus there was a tragedy which leads to the 'Time of Empty Throne', moving the entire humanity even further with the deity and angels, and even closer towards the demons that the humans loathed so much.

No one knows what happened to Forbidden, though it's said by a popular belief that he was killed by a gunshot, from his partner, Pendragon, who wield the sword for a brief moment before tossing it again to the pool of holy blood belonging to Deus, whose body had disappeared right on the spot after he's killed in a tremendous fight. The effect of the holy blood rendered Sinclaire's abilities dormant for a prolonged time, this sword oblivion were then sealed inside the deepest recesses no one has ever found until this moment. It's also known by the prophecy that, the next time Sinclaire arises, it will be the time of this world's Apocalypse.

The clash between good and evil, which one shall win...Excalibur or Sinclaire?

I don't know for myself, but I do remember of one sword that's more powerful than both of these combined, which has the infamous title as 'The Sword that Cleaves Homosexuality', that goes by the almighty name of 'Adamantinum Ingot Destruction Sword'

Or in short...AIDS.

Xxx​

"Whoa, this is one insanely powerful sword. Durandal, eh? I don't know you got such an impressive weapon, Granny!"

"Nah, that's just a cheap imitation, little lady."

"Guaaahhhh..."

This is Grandma Homerton, she runs the blacksmith called Homerton's Armory in this town. She's running it by herself now since her husband and son went missing, she still has two of their grandsons living in this town, although neither of them has shown any interest in the art of forging masterful weapons.

"So, how's it going, this sword of mine...I mean."

I probably shouldn't be talking while she looks pretty busy working on the repairs, she just stood there with a composed posture beside the burning furnace, swinging her hammer down like a real pro.

"It might took a while, let's just say about 3 days or so. I could tell that you've been taking care of this blade pretty well, abiding by the law of a true swordman, using these to protect, not for indiscriminate killing."

At a glance, she might not look like a blacksmith, and I was pretty surprised when I came to this place only to see a lone granny sweeping the floor on the entrance. This place were pretty much famous around this area and I was directed towards the same place when I tried asking a few times.

"Ah I see, I do mostly rely on magic to destroy my enemies though, it does help me a lot by raising my experience points to make the fight better. Also, afternoon naps recovers the half of the grand total amount of my MP so it's all okay. The sword's only for self-defense whether enemies came close enough to distract me from using my magic."

She left my sword on the furnace after molding it with a strong looking metal, then proceeds to freely chat around with me

"Carla Sutherland eh, I'm surprised that you, who seems to have traveled very far, would be able to survive by relying on a Steel sword. Here, I molded your treasure with Adamantine, the strongest metal around I could find, free of charge of course."

"Whoa, thanks granny! Though I could say that, my success here was due to having a reliable partner with me, he's actually pretty tough in a fight, although his choice of weapons was totally absurd."

"Yeah I could see that, young miss. Well then, feel free to pick up whether weapon you want to borrow, it'll cost 1000 gold no matter which one."

Let's see, I had about 50000 gold. Let's choose one...hmm...at the second thought...

"Ummm..I'd prefer buying things, and that Revolver out there seems to be pretty decent, is it a magical one? It looks like the gun could be imbued with magical energies as bullets."

Grandma Homerton looks surprised by my offer.

"You have good eyes, little miss. That one would be free of charge, I was originally against selling it because it's my son's memento, but it's nice to see an esteemed adventurer like you to carry it again."

And so I went outside with that Revolver after bidding her farewell.

Well, you say free...but I'll just gave her about 1500 gold as a token of my appreciation. Before, I tried firing the bullets, which I bought a few packs of that costs about 500 gold in total. I bought quite a number of them, then tucked it on my waist holster, now I looked like a full-fledged cowgirl, combined with this outfit I wore. The magical shots were also very powerful too.

Now I think I should go back to where Kirk is, hopefully he's still around.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  18. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Part 1-12 : Probation of this Hax

There's a lot of consideration about when to choose your party members and how to utilize their strengths to your advantage, thus mobilizing them at your disposal to cover each others' weaknesses. It's highly recommended to get those people with highest gains on dexterity as they will most likely inflict critical hits on the opponent, and those with excellent agility should be the main support unit, it will also prove beneficial if those agile party members were also well versed in spellcasting, especially support spells.

Let's see...Carla has both of these characteristics, insanely high dexterity, agility, and also very good at spellcasting, which makes her really overpowered. And then in my case, I got these feat which should be banned...Critical Hit Bonus. Which doubles the chance of myself inflicting critical hits, I also had the Darkvision feat which renders the Blind status ailments ineffective to me, this also greatly increases the advantage while we're adventuring at night.

The Alert feat was also indispensable as it will reduce the chance of us being ambushed by half.

How about Carla's list of feats? Let's see...

Genius : Half the skill point amount to learn level up a skill

(what the hell is this? so that's why she seems so skilled at many things)

Pathfinding : Automatically mark the paths traveled in an imaginary map, making it easier to retrace back the paths in case the entire party member got lost

(it was said that whoever possess this feat will be a legendary treasure hunter, I'm not sure about her though)

Natural Arcane Lore : Half the MP cost for all magic belonging to the Arcane School

(Thunderstrike, Hellfire, and Frost Heaven goes to this category, and I see why Carla's been using them a lot.)

Soon enough, we came to learn some feats which we cannot use, because those feats are banned because of its morbid implications. I think we could still use it after we manages to get ahold of the Rule-breaker Sigil, which lifts all the ban on these forbidden feats. Though I don't think getting this would be a good idea yet...

Banned feats - Kirk Thompson:

Wounding Attack : each time someone possessing this feat tries to attack, there's a chance that they will inflict a 'wounding' damage. Upon infliction, the victim will have their HP reduced little by little within each turn until they dies, the wounding damage could only be healed by 'bandages' and 'regen' spell, which is pretty rare in this world.

Meltdown Strike : Null the defense parameters of the enemy as you attack, the enemy's defense will be treated as zero. Costs 50 MP each use.

Sudden Deathblow : Costs 40 MP, has the chance of inflicting instant death upon the enemy.

Truesight : Able to see invisible enemies, automatically activated.

So yeah, there you have it. How about Carla?

Banned feats - Carla Sutherland:

Phantom Cloak : Uses 100 MP to activate, the person will remain invisible, in addition of completely silencing the noises they make as long they didn't attack the enemy. Temporary ethereal form given, meaning people can just pass through yourself as if you're a ghost, while in this form the bearer were impervious to physical damage.

Deals triple the amount of normal damage upon attacking the enemy, which results in this cloaking being instantly deactivated.

Other ways of deactivating the feat were simply put by cancelling the Phantom Cloak at will, upon the deactivation, the user will regain 50 MP. Oh yeah, when spotted with the enemies having the 'Truesight' there will be a period of 15 seconds to hide from their sight. The ultimate invisibility feat, the only way to counter this lies in those having the Truesight ability...but if the only one having the Truesight were your friends, it means you'll be totally invincible.

Zen Enlightenment : Regenerate 0.5 MP with each step taken, outside of battles. Both afternoon and night rests will recover HP and MP to its full extent.

Transmutation : Ancient Forgotten Technique used by the Alchemists of the Old Order. Simply put, it uses a certain amount of MP to create various items.

From various potions, support items, to disposable weapons like grenade, bullets, and arrows.

Summoning: Able to summon mythical beasts with enormous power. It's widely considered to be a lost ability originated from the Amarok tribes. The Sutherlands had their guardian, Bahamut, as a default summon. It costs about 1000 MP to summon Bahamut, though the summon will remain for a prolonged time until it dies or it's called back, recovering about half the MP used to summon it. The same also works for all the summoned creatures hahaha..

Every time a summoned creature dies, it took about 3 days for it to be automatically resurrected again, so please do call the creature back before then. On a side note regular curative spells also work for curing the summoned creature. Also, summoned creatures completely are immune to status ailments, so don't be worried too much.

Uh, I'm completely speechless over this stuff. Seriously, what the hell? It's like telling people that a single person could beat an entire legions of elite soldiers! Don't you creators of this crazy world know just how powerful Bahamut is? I just can't believe this ridiculous thing ever exists!

"So does that mean I have the chance to learn Carla's feats, as it wasn't being listed at my banned-feats list?"

I think I'm starting to get crazy by talking at the thin air.

"Yes, though it's very unlikely. The banned feats listed were actually those you already learned but can't use it because of the probation. The only way is by obtaining the Rule-Breaker Sigil. Besides your areas of development compared to her are very different, it's almost illogical to assume so."

I've heard an eerie sounding voice from the middle of nowhere, the same as when I first came here, right after I met the three fairies.

I just ignored the voice, honestly believing that I might be getting so stupid that I start hearing things that were actually unreal...

"HEY! Are you listening to me, Kirk?"

"Huh?"

It's Carla. She's staring at me with looks of disbelief.

"I'm telling you that those feats are banned because it's a total hax! Seriously, pay attention when someone's talking to you, Kirk."

"Uh...okay..."

We're still at this park, and it seems that I've dozed off earlier. Then Carla suddenly wakes me up and we got into this talk about theses Forbidden Feats right after. It looks like she got a brand new weapon in place of her usual sword, is it a gun? She might be away for some moments to give me a moment of rest...she might be into an armory to buy her stuff, I might ask her about it later on.

Oh yeah, what kind of stuff got us into talking about things for several minutes? Hmm..as I recall earlier, she was bothered by some elven lady who's terrified by her insignia and we suddenly went to talk about these forbidden feats when I asked the connection between the Sutherland insignia and the possibility of certain feats available for a specific bloodline only.

"Come on, let's go back to the guild, I already let you rest for a while, didn't I?" she then gave me a strong pat on my shoulder, then as she offered her hand to me with a carefree smile, she said "Here...a helping hand to get your lazy ass off this comfy chair."

"Thanks."

"Hey, we actually do help each other alot on way back, so don't sweat it, okay?"

And so our friendly chat continues on our way back to the guild.

It feels so nice and chill while being with her.

Though I won't deny the fact that I'm sometimes troubled by her doings.

Well, that's probably what made this world go 'round, I guess.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  19. Giande M V U

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +1,228 / -0
    numpang nyampah dulu setelah baca sampe act 1-6

as ussual, tipikal hero , karakter kesukaan e HIGH .... :mesum:

trap pisan :mesum:

:haha:

---

sejauh ini lom kelihatan plot cerita e mau dikemanain sih :hehe:, masih opening penjelasan dunia e

dunia e asik : campuran fantasy modern, opo ae ada :top: serasa tidak ada batasan yang mustahil tiba2 muncul ..... jangan2 ntar muncul idol digital kek hatsune miku :mesum:
    untuk basic seperti penulisan dll : tidak diragukan lagi.... High emang :top: dalam urusan genre penulisan seperti ini mo dikasih 10 jempol neh :top:

well emang terlalu banyak ngalur ngidul e, tapi sesuailah dengan genre e comedy fantasy TRAPPP

dan kosakata baru saya hari ini
    "loli licious"

sound :mesum: pangkat 3

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Whoa thanks banget buat komen na :sembah:

Tipikal hero yang mana ya, dua duanya (Kirk + Carla) pengen dibikin koplak sih :cambuk:

Yoi Elf Trap :hihi:

===

Sebenernya sih wa rada puyeng kalo langsung ngembangin di cerita na aja, jadi ujung2 na dikembangin dikit dikit aja sih dulu, memang dunia na campur aduk kayak gado2 soalnya wa bingung juga ngembangin na kalo terbatas di satu setting aja :haha:

Bisa jadi sih ada yang kek Miku-chan disitu :XD:

Sebenernya kalo soal penulisan disitu saia banyak typo ama error juga trus rada males difix sih, anyway thx for the compliment :lol:

Yup, cerita ngalor ngidul gajes nih :gatling:

Wakakaka loli licious :lol:

Sound yang kek gimana yah :bloon: :haha:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  21. Giande M V U

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +1,228 / -0
    :lol:

carla ama kirk e sama2 bermasalah :haha: khas banget model ecchi2 :hehe:

act 1-8 bener2 penuh ngakak dan kekonyolan :top:
    tokoh utama yang putus asa dengan dirinya ternyata
    HOMO
    ngakak guling2

:lol:

elv e sungguh menggoda :mesum:

tapi yang bikin paling ngakak itu
    asli ngakak guling2 gw baca :lol:

part 1-11
    legendary sworddd

pembukaan yang bagus

tapiiii :lol:

gw jadi inget tentang B.E.G.O gw dulu :haha: Blast Energy Generator Object

:xD:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.