1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

SongFic Glorious Triumph [Corrinne May - Fly Away] :: [SE2012-C]

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by holy_vink, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holy_vink M V U

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +682 / -0
    Ok, here's my first songfict (aq baru tahu tentang songfict kemarin malem..:oghoho:), so please bear with me klo masih banyak yg kurang. written in english :D
    PS: aku bagi jadi 3 bagian biar enak bacanya :)

Her shaking hand started to grab me again. This was the tenth times since we arrived at the airport. Some silver lining on her head reminded me of how great her struggle to win every race she had to take.

“Are you sure you have to go?” she asked while smiling. Her wrinkled face told me that she didn’t want me to go.

I nodded. Though it was hard and a little bit scary, but this was my dream.

“I still have the strength to carry on,” she told me again. “I can even buy you a house if you want.”

“Even though it’s not going to be a palace. Ha, ha, ha.” replied a man with bald head next to her. He grabbed her shoulder and smiled to me. We all laughed.

As we walked to the check in counter, some short clips about the past came to my mind. All the beautiful memories of me and her. I know it was really hard for her to let me go, but she did it again. Always win the race.

“When will you be home? You know I’m gonna miss you.” She hugged me so tight but I feel love from her voice. I could only smile when I let go my hands off from her shoulder.
    A question that was hard to answer. We both knew nothing about the days that I was about to walk into. No one knew where my dream might lead me.

I remembered the night when I told her about my dream. A crazy dream that I knew she would laughed once she heard it; a dream that even no one dare to dream; a dream bigger than me.

“I will become your wings to fly, dear.” That’s all her answer. She didn’t laugh at me, didn’t yell at me, but she smiled and hugged me. I knew it was not an ignorant answer because her eyes filled with hope.

As the stewardess gave me my cappuccino, I took some old picture from my diary. She was there all along – a beautiful princess with all of her majestic presences. She has watched me as I crawled and stumbled. Her hands always caught me when I fall down. She never left me even though I had to walk into the lowest and darkest valley in my life. She was always there with her smile. She was my world.

I knew her very much and I knew she bleed to let me go…and yet she said to me:

“Keep your gaze upon the sky and remember that I'll be praying every step along the way. Even though it breaks my heart to know we'll be so far apart, but dear, I love you too much to make you stay.” Her tears ran down her cheeks as she said her last word, “Baby, fly away.”

The world was not as kind as what they told us in fairy tales. Real life was very different than dreams. Was it always like that? I didn’t know.

My agency told me that I was going to work at a reputable school as an administration staff. The salary was nice and the neighborhood would be friendly. My heart was at peace when I knew everything was under control. Living in other country might be a living hell, especially a racist nation like this one. Not to mention that this was the first time I was away from home – on the other side of the earth.

Life was great for almost a year and I believed for once that I flew to my dream. But then, an economic crisis happened. The school I worked for went bankrupt and along with it, many companies died too. Unemployment grew like mushrooms in the rainy days. I couldn’t find any job. Life was hard ever since.

Some of my colleagues became whores and some became criminals. I was wondering everyday whether I had to follow them or not. Even though I think hard, the clock kept ticking.

The time came when I finally became penniless. I didn’t have anything to sell and didn’t plan to become a whore neither. I kept struggling.

From day to day, I looked at the street if a child dropped his ice cream or sandwich or anything that I could eat. Sometimes I had to wait people throwing their left-over and ate it. One month later, I lived in the street since I didn’t have money to pay the rent. Even though it was a living hell, I still believe that one day, I could reach my dream.

She cried all day long when I called her and the old man decided to take me home. Still, I insisted to stay because I still believe that I could reach my dream. Silent reigned for a minute and then she said:

“If you believe, then I believe in you too. Don’t give up, my dear. Like I said, I will always pray for you.”

Her words were my strength this whole time. Every time she said something, I got a miraculous strength out of nowhere to get me stand on my feet again.

And when I just got my new power and hope, that cold winter night came in my life. Two gang members raped me in the dark, stinky alley where I slept every day. My hope and dream shattered to pieces that night. They took away the most precious thing in my life. Was I worth to live? In that hard time, I tried once again to stand in the middle of the snowy rain and lift up my head. Seeing the pale blue sky, I said, “I don’t know why, but I won’t question You. I trust You.”

Despite of still having a ‘lil faith, the pain was too hard to bear and my body was frozen. So I laid myself in that dark alley and wait for my last breath.
    “Am I still running? Am I gonna win this race?” My mind became blurry as I closed my eyes.

It was too long for me to remember, but years took my life away. I did not even remember when he started to fill my days, but there he was.

A faint memory about what happened the night I was raped still lingering in my mind. In the middle of the coldest night in my life, a warm embrace covered my body – as warm as the sun that shines through the cloudy sky. I didn’t know what happened, but my mind was at peace.

He came to me and became my prince. Season came and season went away; autumn leaves fell into spring time. He held my hands and asked, “Would you marry me?”

“I’m not worthy to be your princess.” I replied with tears ran down my cheeks. He just smiled and wept away the tears. He hugged me, saying, “You are so precious.”

He was an ordinary man who worked for the government, but his love was extraordinary. You would never find a man like him in this world. He gave me hope to flap my little wings once again – to fly high.

We’ve been living together ever since, sharing all the good and bad times. We looked the children ran here and there in our little comfy house and when winter came, we would all together sit in front of the fireplace. We loved and treasured them more than anything.

When all was so wonderful, Daddy called one evening, “We need you, please come back.”
    Didn’t take me too long to think. I took the first flight in the next morning and flew home. Dad said that her time was almost came – time of peace and eternity. I hoped I wasn’t too late.

As I enter the room painted with white, I saw her laying in her bed, fragile as a child.

“She’s been waiting for you…she’s at her limit.” Daddy said.

She looked at me and smiled – the very same smiled I used to know in my childhood. It was the smile of a victory. No sadness, no regret, no cursing – as if everything was ok. I knew she was struggling these whole times and I wished that I could be on her side when she needed me most. She was always an angel to me who brought miracles to my life ever since I was shaped in her womb and let me saw the world. Even now she was the most beautiful angel in my life; an angel who fought with me through the fiercest fight in this life.

As I held her hand, I remembered she used to say that the circle of life was going to repeat itself once we were old. We were going to be a child, so fragile, yet it was different. With all the scars left from our fight, we knew that we had won. We were not giving up and still faithful to the end. She called it ‘to win a glorious triumph’.

As she closed her eyes, she whispered.

“I’ve win a glorious triumph. Now, it’s your turn.” She smiled and breathed her last breath.

When will you be home? she asks
    as we watch the planes take off
    We both know we have no clear answer
    to where my dreams may lead
    She's watched me as I crawled and stumbled
    As a child, she was my world
    And now to let me go, I know she bleeds
    and yet she says to me

You can fly so high
    Keep your gaze upon the sky
    I'll be praying every step along the way
    Even though it breaks my heart to know we'll be so far apart
    I love you too much to make you stay
    Baby fly away

Autumn leaves fell into spring time and
    Silver-painted hair
    Daddy called one evening saying
    We need you. Please come back
    When I saw her laying in her bed
    Fragile as a child
    Pale just like an angel taking flight
    I held her as I cried

You can fly so high
    Keep your gaze upon the sky
    I'll be praying every step along the way
    Even though it breaks my heart to know we'll be so far apart
    I love you too much to make you stay
    Baby fly away

http://www.mediafire.com/?2bs44xx5iudx49x
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7XH0sT-Ftk
    note: link youtube bukan corrinne may yang nyanyi, tapi ok jg :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. Senruika Members

Silent Reader

Ratings:
    +34 / -0
    ara.. ara...

bagian pertama sama bagian kedua dibikin pada hari yang berbeda ya?
    keliatan banget mood waktu bikin bagian pertama sama yang kedua beda lol :p

==
    first impression about first part : ....errr, apaan ini, belum apa apa langsung masuk conversation yang berlanjut ke scene perpisahan, kita bahkan gak tau siapa pemeran utama, something yang lebih kayak scribble masuk sebagai pembuka ._., dan entah kenapa liat dari gaya tulisannya aku malah jadi teringat twilight -_-a, oh well seenggaknya gak bakalan ada gay vampire yang muncul disini.

first impression about second part : ih waw, this part is really interesting and i completely absorbed.
    kegigihan pemeran utama beneran keliatan, keteguhan dia dimana dia percaya akan ada sesuatu yang lebih baik dan gak terlihat kayak orang yang mengharapkan adanya belas kasihan atau simpati, she's wonderful!, dan di paragraft terakhir tentang being raped, i just... : noooooo, life is really cruel ;_;.

last part : err.... and then suddenly datang seorang pangeran berkuda putih yang menerima dia without any handicap? (stop thinking about twilight.., stop thinking about twilight...., okay, twilight is sucks #ditampar)
    aku rada ngerasa aneh sama part terakhir, cuma gitu aja penyelesaian beres? @_@
    'kay, is not that i dislike happy ending, tapi sebuah miracle yang tiba tiba datang ditengah suatu masalah kesannya gak banget..., alasannya : karena pemeran utama jadi terkesan beruntung dan gak melakukan sesuatu.
    dan lagi cewek yang di part pertama muncul lagi..., dan penjelasannya gak jelas juga.....
    (seriously, kalo boleh jujur aku semper mikir gini loh : "kalo emang ini chara gak punya role penting napa gak diilangin aja sih?").

oh well, mungkin segitu aja. lain kali coba buat sesuatu yang lebih impressive ya :p

4. holy_vink M V U

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +682 / -0
    lol, sebenernya tau ngga cewek di part 1 and last itu siapa? itu justru char yg penting ke 2 setelah main char..
    well, this is my first time writing a short story, biasanya bikin novel..jadi agak susah menjabarkan sesuatu dengan jelas with limited words...hahaha...
    anyway, thanks buat masukannya, will noted it for my next writing :)

5. om3gakais3r M V U

Post Hunter

Ratings:
    +5,622 / -0
    sejujurnya, aku suka dengan penggunaan bahasa inggris untuk cerita yang semacam ini.. jadi membuat drama yang dituangkan ke dalam kata-kata benar-benar terasa. Terutama ada banyak frasa yang aku kira tidak cocok untuk dibahasa-indonesiakan. Ending yang membuat puas sekaligus bertanya-tanya sangat nikmat bagi saya. Hanya saja, ada beberapa kekurangan; beberapa "kejutan" tentang siapa para tokoh tidak terlalu terasa, dan sepertinya perlu beberapa part lagi untuk menempurnakannya, bukan?
    still, i like this fic. thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.