1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

OriFic Brickwork

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by high_time, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Extra 9 : Sleep

The wind was pretty comfy from outside the window, with the morning sunlight permeating it. It was just the early morning but seeing the relaxing sounds of the rain, it made me wanna sleep again. I went to the water bottle made with high-grade plastic in my room and poured out the droplets of mineral water into a plastic-shaped glass. The water bottle was placed in my large desk, along with my computer and the other stuff I mostly use for everyday fun. Taking a nice sip of the refreshing water in midst of the rain, it thoroughly energizes me for the rest of my days.

I went towards the bathroom inside my room to refresh myself, then I went into my bed again. I threw my whole body down the comfy bed and wrapped myself in the nice, warm blanket. The rain was pretty light, it formed a drizzle, and the air currents dribbling with water started to seep within this room after I already opened the nearby window for a while. What was once a room with a kind of lack of natural chilly air, only aided with the presence of the air conditioner, now becomes a part of the ecology as the open window brought about the new wave of rejuvenating atmosphere.

These drizzle of rain doesn't seem to be getting any more heavy; it stays similar to the current, with the gentle nature blowing its breeze across my face. The blanket flutters a bit around the area in which wraps around my slender legs, making it a bit chilly, with the running streams of coolness sweeping down my lower body. Within my own curiosity due to this sense of euphoria, being pampered by the nature like this, I stared at the ceiling, with my head still gently resting down the pillow made of fluffy animal wool, and the softness was more than enough for the weight of my head to sink within it perfectly; it's just like being caressed in all directions by its texture.

Brown colors started appearing before me as I opened my eyes to stare at the ceiling. The foundation was made with strong rocks capable of withstanding a massive weight, that was what I figured out as I made my own assumption about it. This room was located on the third floor, and the view was already nice enough from this place - a mansion built at the top of a hilly terrain, nearby the cliffs, but far enough to avoid itself being subjected to fall, so the place I'm staying at should be safe and secure - at least for now.

I remembered back then, at the time when I already escaped from the tunnel filled with severed heads of all the people whom I met during the past, whether it's just some random stranger I just met once, and it's just sharing a mere eye contact, into my closest friends and family right at the end of this tunnel. At first, the journey felt pretty light, and it's not a big deal just to kick these heads on the way, but as the time goes, the burden in my heart goes so heavy, to the point I started to wallow in my depression, especially after I started witnessing the severed heads of my best friends lying on the ground.

Basically, I went ballistic onto the extent my thoughts went suicidal, and that was exactly the moment when I have to trample upon the heads of my beloved family members to finally arrive where I am now. How am I able to be so heartless, and just do that...you ask? Well...I don't know, but at that time, I tried to reassure myself that, what was laid around the end, when I met the heads of my closest friends and family members, I just thought, they couldn't possibly be them. My friends and family should probably be waiting for me out there, in addition of many other nice people, and the heads I'm currently seeing was just an illusion – maybe this was a part of trial that were given to me, in order to test my own determination on reaching my goals no matter what circumstances might befall me.

It turns out that my family members and my friends were all waiting at the end of this seemingly endless tunnel, and after I had walked for so long inside this place, into their deepest embrace, never before I felt an extent of euphoria like this occasion. The desire suddenly erupts and skyrockets like no other, and I so much want to shout in joyful delight on the surge of happiness that overwhelms me. At that time, the sky was also raining, and I've got my ragged and dirty clothing drenched within the rain; my entire body was now dyed in the brownish red colors of similar to the mixture between dirt and blood all over from head to toe, in addition of this seemingly wet and sticky texture the rain had given me in such brief moments.

My father pulled my hand back inside this mansion-like place, and led me to a certain bathing room where I cleansed my entire body of filth for the first time in what seems to be a really long period of traversing within the tunnel. Not really, whilst traversing the tunnels, I also had the chance to end up inside the lonesome estate that was pretty much deserted without any presence of other people beside me. Within the short moments of spending my time inside this place, I managed to rest, take a bath, and eat three times a day, until the moment when I'm ready to continue my journey. I ultimately end up in the position where I last end up inside the tunnel, and that's how I managed to walk thus far until I reached the place where my friends and family had all gathered to welcome me.

After bathing in a place where there's other people beside me, my big sister had prepared for me a change of clothes to wear...but it turns out, that....

It was a maid outfit, and I'm basically a guy, even with my slender and effeminate features. Despite all of my protests, I end up partaking in the dinner wearing a maid outfit, and spend my first night whilst wearing a dress instead of some normal pajamas.

Things started to turn for the better when they finally agreed to me wearing normal clothing, and to tell you the truth...wearing these girls' clothes felt really strange and uncomfortable just like I'm doing perverted things to a girl – so yeah, I felt better with this kind of normalcy.

My adventures should have stopped by now, but there's one more thing I want to tell you about, before I fell asleep again in this peaceful morning when my mother had been making breakfast for me and everyone else.

It was a very important thing....and it shall be concluded in the next chapter.

2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Extra 10 : Escapology

Here's one last thing which I need to say to you before this adventure finally ends. This might be really hard for me to tell someone about it, but after spending my quiet, tranquil days in this ever-so-peaceful mansion, and with myself already experiencing the full extent of happiness which I could possibly attain....my resolve was firm enough to uncover the truth I've been hiding all this time. What I know from the start was, if I were to be honest about this experience, this beautiful scenery before me will soon end just like that, and I might return to that oblivion where my sadness started to pile upon me – until I couldn't possibly take it any longer.

You see...this kind of blissful moment wasn't exactly real, it's just my form to escape from the cruel reality by building an illusion strong enough, it would made myself filled with a false sense of euphoria. Starting by the beginning of my journey towards the empty tunnel, I started out as my real self; someone who was quite on the masculine side with no redeeming traits whatsoever, and during the end of this journey, I was completely transformed into someone with androgynous qualities, which enables me to derive as much experience and pleasure from both of the sexes without causing any single harm to those around me.

During the start of this journey, I had been experiencing as much sadness as I do when I was experiencing happiness, but then, with my thoughts I had shifted the balance, so I couldn't feel anything besides joyful euphoria around me. It might not be just some mere assumption that this mansion I've been living in for so long, was a byproduct of my own intense imaginations.

My father was supposed to have passed away in the past due to sickness, but with the power of my imaginations enabling me to escape reality, I had created a way to bring him back to life, along with my little brother that had passed away when I was still in my childhood, and also my late grandfather and grandmother, along with all of those who had passed away, whose lives I truly cherish while they were still there for my sake. I created that tunnel as a kind of journey in order to overwrite my own reality, and substituting it with one coming from the depths of my desire. In short, it was a form of escapism taken into another level.

That was the things which I deem to be the truth, yet uncertainty still lingers within my mind; myself unable to differentiate between fantasy and reality. Yet, I know exactly what I truly desired, and about my most intense obsessions to fulfill during my entire lifetime. I realized that, the most important thing wasn't about the fulfillment of these obsessions, but it was the vast sum of experience I've got within a short time period by staying true to my ideals. As such, my ideal circumstances overlapped with the present time, resulting in a distortion which in turn took my life into another extent of fulfillment and joy.

The reality which I built wasn't broken at all, since it was built upon things unchanging, not about the principles that were coerced upon me without mercy when I was a child. A world of paradise to live in for a prolonged amount of time; as I brought forth a prayer to the universe, it responded back by making these wishes come true without myself realizing it. My story was definitely not for those who called themselves a realist, or even someone that's cynical about things, but well...I just have to accept that maybe there's many people out there who would just label this experience as an absolute nonsense and such. What matters to me was that I enjoyed my everyday to the fullest, no matter what the circumstances are.

Xxx​

It was still morning and my mind felt so hazy and cloudy. The gentle rain keeps on pouring for several minutes; by now it's maybe already reached half an hour or so. My mother was supposed to come here to wake me up because the breakfast was finally ready, and if I didn't come downstairs soon enough, the seats will be taken, and the food will be too cold for me to fully enjoy it.

I waited for the usual knocking to resound from the door in my room, but still there's nothing of that here. The presence felt heavy and my heart started to ache, with negative thoughts pouring down my mind haphazardly it made the tears started flowing out little by little. I soon grew weary of this silence with no single presence disturbing me inside my room, and I finally managed to get off the bed. My feet staggers a bit as it touched the ground, feeling the cold floor underneath.

After washing my face down the bathroom sink inside my room, I hurriedly went towards the door and went towards the mansion corridors right outside it. The place was empty just like it's already being abandoned, with this chilly feeling I had on my back because it was so silent and frightening. What if...everyone already left because I finally realized the truth, that this place wasn't real at all...only just acting as a part of myself being trapped inside my own imaginations? Clutching my pajamas whilst putting my hands together, I walked towards the first floor....calling out to my friends and my family members, but there's no response at all.

Later on, I finally arrived towards the dining hall...and there's no other people in sight. Only a plateful of chocolate pudding with a letter from my mother, she said...that the entire residents would be leaving this mansion forever, and I also should too. There's no reason whatsoever for them to leave me! Why...should they...

With a dejected expression, I walked towards the seat where the pudding plate was placed. There's a cute little spoon beside the plate, with a glass of mineral water in it. No..it's not really a mineral water but more like a soda...but why do they serve soda in...

"Happy birthday!"

I heard the voice of people yelling out in unison from all around this room. That was the similar feeling to the moment when I finally had went outside the tunnel for the first time, but this time...I felt even more relieved, that this delusion would last for a much longer moment.

It turns out, that this moment of relaxation won't just end anytime soon, yet I think that would be all for the recount of my adventures. Thank you very much for listening to me, whoever you are.

Woodwork - FIN​

4. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Epilogue

~ The Aftermath Words ~

Epilogue

So, the story had finally come to an end. First things first, you probably just want to ask about what the hell did you all just read, with all of this disjointed storytelling and such with the tendency of it driving into no peculiar direction whatsoever. Okay, I will first disclose about my starting concept that were supposed to be a genuine adventure and fantasy story, like those you've seen on the RPG games.

The beginning part was the same as the original concept, but within the change of each floors, both Kirk Thompson and Carla Sutherland was supposed to be transported into another universe with a new set of characters – that was what I originally planned to write. Though it seems the writing by itself had experienced tons of hurdle, even more than what I had anticipated, and I firstly scheduled for it to be finished by December 2012, yet it turns out that I really had to take my time planning things out.

Still, the end product ultimately turned out to be really different compared to what I previously had in mind. I managed to write something which took unpredictable developments compared to the usual paradigm I had with the Fantasy and Adventure genres. I'm not saying these kind of results was any good or whatsoever, since there's so many weak points I've encountered within it, though I have to admit there's also some bits of strong points which made the writing progress of this story really memorable compared to some other story projects I had in the past.

For the most part, I liked the characters and how they interact with each other, especially the protagonists. Kirk Thompson and Carla Sutherland were few of the characters that I soon found myself able to relate to a lot, and it's pretty fun to write about their interactions with the guild members. I really want to write a lot more about their activities together, but that might produce a whole lot more than what the majority of you guys wanted to read, so I decided to make things as brief as possible for the most part.

The next fun part was about trying to immerse the reader by adding a slice of life context to the story. Though I figured out there should be more battle scenes and the parts where they were actually adventuring, but I couldn't really muster my courage to write any more of it given my lack of knowledge and inspiration pertaining these things sorry.

At some parts, especially the scenery when Rose finally left Kirk and co, I'm really...really sorry since I'm kind of short of inspiration to emphasize further details, and just mostly made it as a filler in order to advance the plot that had mostly been stuck up. The transition between Floor 2 and Floor 3 was probably the toughest part, especially during Floor 2 when the plot seem to progress very slowly. So I decided to write a Side Story of it involving a new protagonist, well...that protagonist will play a major part on Kirk and Carla's adventures later on, if I ever decided to make the sequel.

Anyway, after writing out the Side Story chapters until completion, I had slowly regained my momentum, but soon enough I decided to rush things out because I felt like the story was dragging out too much and too long for me to keep my focus on. So, in midst of these monotonous writing activity without any rest, I decided to cut things straight when there's the opportunity in the plot device to do so.

The ending to the Brickwork story took out when the plot was just halfway, and I'm not sure whether I would write the continuation of it. Maybe I will put a sequel which concludes the whole story, but first I had to secure my current living, in addition of having lots of free time in the present and the future to further immerse myself in this activity of writing lengthy stories.

Okay, let's now talk about the extra chapters which came with the title 'Woodwork'. As you can see, the story of Woodwork bears no resemblance to the original story about the adventures of Kirk and co. It was about an anonymous protagonist who undergoes an abstract, absurd, and sometimes philosophical adventure to attain his most intense desires by escaping reality with his own imaginations.

It was just an optional read. Read it or not, it won't affect the original story, as I just tried putting it up so the total chapters would be about 65 chapters or so. That to be said, I had lots of fun whilst writing it, as I'm able to break free of the usual constraints and experiment with the stuff as much as I could. Anyway, after finishing up 'Woodwork', I'm starting to get a grasp on my peculiar style of writing, and hopefully it could create a positive impact on my future works.

Last but not least, thank you very much for reading thus far, and please do look forward to my future works if you're interested.

Bye for now.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  5. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Brickwork 1.5

Will contain some sort of recap episode for possible continuation, or something else.

I'll just leave this blank.

The next post will contain something, hopefully.

6. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Preface

Writing Brickwork has given me mixed feelings. It's one certain time where I went from just writing for fun into something much more. Probably one where I gave my most effort on writing a story. The few years back, especially in 2012, was one of the toughest times ever in my career as an Author. I had to cope up with writing few simultaneous stories at once, and tried all I can to complete the story. I can say that it was frustrating, but way back, I had way more energy and passion to write, than what I do now. Maybe because it's my first time after all, and I have few people that supports me. Nowadays, things got stuck in the same place and I wonder, if what I'm doing right now actually has a point at all.

Why should I continue writing this? A bit of too much work considering the expected amount of return. I will gain nothing, I will still achieve nothing aside of completing a single story. There will be no one who will give the support that I need. Regardless, I'm curious to what happened, that made me, who thinks that I am way too old, seemingly had lost the major portions of my own creative energy--finally able to write this preface. It's certainly a big mystery. The same way as how this story started: just something random and coincidental. The chapters, are not written in accordance to logical progressions. Nothing sort of cause and effect thing. It's all random; it's all coincidental. perhaps.

I simply just write what I feel like writing, and I just dive in at random. All these prolonged moments of thinking up the best continuation has all been put for naught. I remembered again, the time I wrote a story. Start it by impulse, progressing randomly, ends up with gut feelings. At that time, I know I didn't have all that knowledge on how stories are supposed to work. Well, the truth is, I realized, there are no certain ways that stories are supposed to work. There's just personal preferences of reading, and personal preferences of writing. I'm able to write it smoothly enough, because I'm following my own personal preference, whether I realized it or not, what it is.

At times I tried to force it. Trying to write in a different way. Believe it or not, it caused me pain to the extent of sickness. I can't really write things differently. This is, my own path, my own way, and probably, the way I do things that will stick for me, the rest of my life. I do not know if others understood that. I for myself, probably don't really care about their motivations of writing. I just want to read things that I can understand and appreciate. Things that match with my preferences of reading. Once or twice. Many times I tried to read something different. I had disappointments, I felt my day was empty, I felt I had wasted my time. Then I read my favorite kind of book; I cheered up again.

So, what should I say next? I don't really know. I don't really prefer writing things based upon common sense or whatsoever. I mainly just write whatever with the guidance of my own feelings. At times it succeeded; at times it failed. But I know, it becomes a part of my identity, because it's the reason why I started writing. When I was alone and confused, I write. It cheers me up. It gave me a sense of direction. It gave me some meaning. The truth is, the text you are reading, is not pre-rehearsed in any way. It's merely the results of me streaming my thoughts and feelings through the writing text medium.

Most of things, I just realized after I've written them. Yet more often than not, it's so easy to forget them, and went back towards my usual: an empty, pessimistic life, seemingly stuck-in-a-rut kind of thing. Something without hopes and dreams. Yet, even if complaining and whining about life is all I can do, it's still one thing to strive and fight for. Being able to complain all you want is a godsend, even if, as the days rolled by, I find myself becoming more agnostic than religious.

About Brickwork. Let me tell you something. It has something to do with a story written in the scripture. If you ever heard the story of Babel Tower, things probably start to ring a bell. A story about humankind, with their curiosity driving them to build a tower that reaches toward the sky, or so I remembered. Somewhere along the way, the tower was destroyed by God, and He caused the people to speak various different languages; throwing them towards chaos where they couldn't understand one another. At first, I didn't get the story, but I just think of the idea to be quite interesting.

Maybe God hates science after all. Or was it, a kind of symbolism to technological advancements? As technologies develop, it becomes even harder to understand one another. No, it's not that either. It's because of technology that I am able to become happy. That I am able to understand myself, about who I am, and about the people around me. It enables me to relate towards people far and wide, that has similar views to me. They were able to give things people close to me couldn't give, and I felt comfortable, I felt really free. I could really be myself.

I love technology, especially if it could better the lives of people, and imbue them with happiness. Was science evil? Or was religion the one in the wrong? I guess it's the people.

Of course, Brickwork has no such thing implied, or at least that's what I think. It doesn't really portray these kind of things. What was in Brickwork, was just the quest of two adventurers, differing background and personalities, to find a certain item, The Seeds of Knowledge. When it comes to the story, though, it has made less of a quest to find the item, and more into the characters, the world, the personalities, but mainly the characters.

It's not clear enough, their main intentions were. I had made a huge blunder, of possibly forcing it too be logical. Kirk Thompson could care less about finding the Seeds of Knowledge. Kirk just wants to escape the living hell of being forced to work by his family and doing things he didn't want to. He wants to be free. He wants to taste excitement rather than be stuck in a rut all day doing nothing, but meaningless things to him. He hates being forced, and he hates to be with unpleasant people.

To him, meeting Carla Sutherland, has undoubtedly, be a dream come true. It's like, his wish for freedom has been answered, and now it's his turn for him to grant Carla's wish. Maybe Carla was rude and forceful, and also very demanding at times, but she's probably the first person who accepts Kirk as himself alone.

Well, I remember again, that based upon what I wrote way back, Kirk actually has his own wish. But let's just save that for the ending scenes.

Like Kirk, Carla has never been able to make friends, and spent the most of her childhood alone. At first, things went better for Carla since she was born and raised in a renowned family. Kirk had spent most of his youth in a village, and worked so hard, whilst Carla had attained wealth of education since youth and lots of adventuring experience.

Until one day, her dreams were shattered; everything was taken away from her. She already knows, that her mom had disappeared since she was born. Her father, Arthur Sutherland, refused to say even a single thing about her mother, not even during the time she went to eavesdrop him. The only one she often talked to is her older sister. I didn't remember her name, and as I tried re-reading the parts again, her name wasn't given.

Regardless of that, Carla was really fond of her father, often bragging him as one of the greatest adventurers known to legend. It's somehow true, Arthur Sutherland had so many achievements as an adventurer. That much of influence that even the race of proud and petty dark elves could lend her a powerful bone-dragon right away in order to cross Grimgnaw Mountains.

Well, here's the main reason why Carla went ballistic about finding the Seeds of Knowledge.

Her sister had always have a sickly body. One day, she went really sick, and finally died. Her father refused to bury her sister, thinking that there's gotta be some cure out there. So he went away and haven't returned back either. The relatives thought that he was crazy, and handled the customs accordingly. Carla's sister was cremated, so it goes. Sure, it's not that dramatic, not told in a way that's supposed to be emotionally-wrecking. I am there to simply tell you what happened.

Imagine how frustrated you must be, when your sister was dead, and your father, whom you were so fond of, and found out, that he went away insanely without caring a bit about you? Carla was a really proud individual. She took her pride in all of her hard-work and achievements, rather than for herself, it's because she's the daughter of Arthur Sutherland, the adventurer he always admired. No, her father isn't the only adventurer she knew, but her father shines the brightest in her eyes. She wants to make his father proud, and fulfill the expectations of the Sutherland family that was renowned as great adventurers.

Things were never be the same again for Carla Sutherland. The first months spent, she was truly empty, a vacant shell. Though, her will made her able to rise back again, and within due time, she studied all the things that may lead towards her father. Time went by, and the pain subsides. Under the care of her relatives on occasions, and also the little support from her study discoveries as a final push, she finally decided to go on the adventure.

It was written in one most secluded part of her father's enormous study.

The letter goes like this:

"To my friend, Reginald Baumann, a big, strong and wise old geezer. If anything happens to me and my family, please lend me your aid, or your descendants' aid. I'm begging you."

"To Carla,

I wrote this when you were young and small.

In case anything happens, please stay strong and proud, like you always do. There's time where I probably did something nonsensical and incomprehensible. I'm always like that, but I prefer not to be open about it. I'm afraid that you won't be happy with your father's true self. You won't feel proud anymore, and you won't really try to better yourself any longer.

I want you to be extremely strong, enough to move the entire world, the way you want to. I have, indeed, achieved many things, but none of them felt all that meaningful in the end. In cost of something most important to me, I have, indeed, adventured for glory instead.

By the time you read this letter, I know you're already prepared enough, at least able to spot this very secluded hidden spot. It maybe a few years or several years later, or many more, but I know, that I could always put my faith on you as my beloved daughter.

Adventuring is really dangerous. One misstep and it may cost your life. No matter how talented and experienced you are, it's important not to take your adventures lightly. But it's not something to be so agitated about either. Though at times, it's crucial to have fun, rather than being extremely alert to unforeseen possibilities. I don't know how to word it well enough, but from what I've experienced so far--follow your heart, and follow your instincts. That way, you're able to sense something everyone else wouldn't be able to see.

Lastly. The most important thing in adventures are companions. Someone to watch your back, someone to help each other out. I didn't accomplish everything alone. I do so because of comrades that are undoubtedly much better than me. The one I can always count on. That doesn't mean you could just do nothing and solely rely on them. Knowing you, you're probably the last person on this world to do that. But really, Carla, try not to be too hard on yourself.

In case anything happens, meet your companion at Truce Village. Introduce yourself accordingly at the places which were often frequented by adventurers. That way, you'll find the right companion for you. Treasure them at all costs, no matter how unreliable they may seem at the first glance, they will soon enough become your lifesaver.

That's all. With love, from your father, Arthur Sutherland."

7. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Postlude

Let's do timeskips.

I'm supposed to explain thoroughly about many stuffs but, things got changed a lot during the course.

So let's just say, Brickwork has ended.

Yeah, Brickwork has ended by timeskips.

8. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    Postlude 2

...or maybe I just don't want to continue this after all. So let me just kinda tell you guys the correlation with the Babel Tower story. I guess to me, the tower resembles the built up experience, little by little. The bricks that been laid down resembles the accumulation of experience, until it reaches a certain point where there's nothing more--no more room to go further since the sky has already reached. I want to think, that in the Babel Tower story, the tower wasn't destroyed by God. But, it's just, the creators, and the other people who built the tower, destroyed it by their own will.

Because they've seen the stars, they have already reached the stars, and there's nothing left, nothing more to dream. In the end, they decided to forget everything and just demolish the tower, so they could regain their dream back. The same goes with Brickwork, in the end, after the people here came towards the top, face-to-face with the Seeds of Knowledge, they will find that their life is meaningless, since they've seen everything, in the past, present, and future. It doesn't get the name Seeds of Knowledge for nothing.

In exchange of granting one wish, the Seeds of Knowledge bestowed them the wealth of knowledge that will haunt them for their entire lifetime. It's kind of unfair considering all the things they have been through, but here it is, the message I want to convey in the story.

Carla wished to forget everything, because the burden of seeing the truth was too much for her to bear.

But Kirk wished for something else, he wished for the happiness of Carla and her family. He wants them reunited once again. Not one bit, he got bothered by the display of truth, since from the very beginning, he had accepted the reality as it is.

Why do I make them like that?

Maybe because Carla somehow relied too much on her intellect and abilities, while completely neglecting the cry of her soul, and when the fight of her soul comes--she crumbles apart. There was, sometimes the time when she was really determined, and she completely won over almost everything. But there was one thing she couldn't move on from--the memories of her father and older sister. Everything falls apart because of that memory.

Things would be better, if only Carla was more open to Kirk, and told him everything about it. But, Kirk knows that much better than everyone else. It's just Carla being Carla. He had been given freedom and happiness from her, so it's his turn to repay her back, at the cost of bearing the truth of the world. The thing is, they actually couldn't exit the realm inside the tower unless there's someone who has the truth, as there's an exit spell only known by those carrying the truth.

They went back towards the foot of Grimgnaw Mountains, where they had left their camp. Seems a long time had passed within, but the camp still looks like it's just been left for a day. Carla never really remembered the journey she had together with Kirk, and Kirk decided to keep the truth for himself, waiting until Carla was ready for all of it to unfold. She decides to go back to her hometown after they parted ways back at Truce Village. But Kirk came along with her anyway, to Asgard, Carla's hometown. He doesn't want to go back to his old family that tortures him all the time. He figured, why not just keep on adventuring while he's at it?

With all the newfound wisdom he had, things seem crystal clear and bright to him. So he decided, to become an adventurer for real, this time. Unlike the Sutherlands, his name won't be written in history books, since his achievements were far too numerous to be included all. But he shaped the world with his hands, and many things had happened because of him. He died at old age--125 years old, with lots of children and grandchildren inheriting his wisdom.

As for Carla, she never really aged past her youth. And it wasn't before Kirk's death, that she finally accepted his words of truth. It was told by his great grandson...who was about ten at the time:

Kyosukei Shiozaki. Later on, Kyosukei will be one of the center characters of a certain story I wrote in the past.

I guess, the thing was, Carla was a half-demon. Her mother was the devil Astaroth from the netherworld. Her sister wasn't dead at all, she was just using a faux body to make Carla believe that she was dead. She just returned to her mother's throne as the devil princess. Through dark magic and stuff, she finally became a full demon, archdevil-class, but her personality never really changed. She really clumsy as usual, the same with Carla's clumsiness. Not just that, even in the eyes of humans, her sister was just too kind.

One thing will always be clear : she loves Carla more than anything else.

So Carla married her older sister. I know, yeah, it was a girl on girl romance, but they had a child too. It goes by the name of Colbert. Her past was fabricated and she didn't knew she was a nearly-full demon in the first place, and continues on bearing the title of one of most powerful vampire hunters, and demonic creatures in general. She gave birth to a child named Suzuka, who had apparent demonic powers. Her father was an incubus, so it's more like her father's powers. From her father's side, Suzuka will be acquainted with her aunt Lucretia, who had hots for Suzuka.

In that one story with Suzuka as the central character, it was noted that Lucretia's love was pretty much unrequited since Suzuka already loved this one girl named Tierra back from childhood. They were already married too while still little. It just, something goes quite, you know, complicated, and they lost their rings along with their memories.

Meanwhile Carla and her sister also adventured, along with Kirk many times. Yet they mostly kept their identity hidden. After Kirk died, you know, they just mostly reside on the netherworld doing stuff.

Arthur Sutherland kept on being a normal human, he died about 40 years after they were reunited. He died at the age of 82. That was quite average among the Sutherland family. Some of them kept adventuring while around 100 years of age though. It was widely known that Arthur Sutherland didn't continue his lineage further, even though it still kinda survivedd in the bloodline of the demons and vampires. Maybe it was a taboo for the Sutherlands to breed with demons in the first place.

There's a lot of backstory to write and think about. I haven't really written them, not most of them.

One thing to note, I guess there's been little romantic developments between Kirk and Carla. Yet the relationship never developed further. I guess it's because Carla already has feelings for her older sister, and Kirk doesn't really have that much interest in romance, even though his heart was easily swayed.

I also want to tell what happened to the others they met while in the tower's realm. They were actually people who were related to Reginald Baumann--Kirk's biological grandfather. The book that was with Kirk all the time, leading him towards the tower realm, was actually written by his grandfather too, but under a pseudonym that Kirk didn't know in the slightest.

Let's just say, Reginald Baumann came to this tower when he was really young, and he ended up unconscious. Thus losing his memory. Some parts of his brain broke and he couldn't really decipher written words. He lived up the rest of his life in the tower realm, with the people he had known as family, and with one person named Celia who was a human and minotaur hybird, who soon enough developed romantic interests for him. One day, Celia disappeared, and he went frantic, searching everywhere for her. The adventures and quests he took, made him realized his memories--he doesn't belong there in the first place. When he came to, he was back to his own world.

It wasn't through the seeds of knowledge thing. But through another object called 'Key', which he got from extensive periods of dungeon crawling.

Actually, Baumann wasn't his family name either. It was the family name of the one who raised him in the tower realm. He didn't have an actual name for himself either. He was a male slave that run errands in a certain adventuring group that was quite ruthless. Still, it becomes his legit name and stuff.

The tower disappeared for a really long time, until he finally found a certain spell to invoke the tower back again, with his entire soul as a sacrifice. He resides in the tower as its guardian, waiting and waiting until his grandson Kirk comes. When Kirk left the tower with Carla, the tower also subsides, along with its inhabitants. From what Kirk know, Avalon was a lost nation. Lost within the ancient ages and legends, from the times of ancient king Damascus I.

Somehow time and space were bent, and it caused the place to have an advanced technology, similar to Kirk and Carla's present time. I want to conclude the story with Avalon appearing on the ocean about east of the Federation, the nation in which the story was in, but maybe I'll just go with them disappearing with all the mysteries uncovered.

If I were to word up all the things, maybe it will took a lot of words, with a lot more explanations. I guess in the end, I just want to cut chase to explain the story's core, thinking that I've already ended it up just by doing explanations. Maybe I'll actually write Brickwork II, the sequel of this one, and explained things in detail. Though I just don't feel like writing it in detail, when I could just explain it all here.

As the times came and went by, my views about writing and storytelling changed quite a lot. I guess, it's finally time to make a move on. To a new kind of story.

So with this, I hoped that, finally, my own Brickwork will end on a kind of grand but also simple note, like the one I've always imagined and yearned for.

Thanks for being with me thus far. With this, I concluded that Brickwork has finally ended.

Oh well, I can probably write Brickwork II, in a different way, and different outcomes if I feel like it, later on, or much later on in the future. Or even rewrite my entire stories too. But let's just leave it like that. I just, you know, wanna give this a rest.

See you next time.

9. noprirf M V U

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +427 / -0
    Sejak ane pertama baca cerita momod, rasanya pengen komen ceritanya sih. Waktu ada di kaskus sih :hmm:
    (somewhere, but i don't really know which part i has read it before :XD:)

aslinya ane lansgung tertarik ama judul ceritanya. Kalau dulu sih baca di pertengahan jadi kurang kena isi cerita.

Kini pas ane mulai baca bagian pertama kerasa seru. Kocak. Bikin senyum2 sendiri di beberapa bagian.

Pas membaca pertama, jadi pengen baca lanjutannya. Rasanya cerita ngalir tanpa beban. Dan menarik di tiap chapternya. :cinta:

Terus soal membuat cerita dalam bahasa inggris. Dalam bahasanya bener2 sip :top:

• Like Like x 1
  10. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    glad you like it so far.

sori gw rada lama bales komengnya

mungkin bagian2 pertama doang yg menarik soalnya hal2 random pada ngalir di situ semua. tapi pas ke tengah2 sampai akhir gw malah ngerasa ceritanya cenderung jalan di tempat, dan adegan2 yg penting malahan di cut, terutama di akhir floor 2.

gw nyadar juga klo dari awal, ceritanya bukan sesuatu yg gw bener2 bisa bangun. dan itu lanjutnya sekedar tambal sulam aja. bahkan plot ceritanya sendiri banyak ngereveal informasi yg gk tentu bikin summary nya gimana.

jadinya pas udah tamat, dan mau bikin sekuel, kerasa ini cerita gk punya fondasi yg bisa bikin gw lanjut tanpa mesti banyak mikir. it has lost the feeling of adventure fantasy thing and also my excitement. mungkin dari sini gw jadi belajar buat bikin sesuatu yg lebih sesuai dengan hal2 yg gw nyaman lakukan, dan yg paling penting, gw bisa lakuin tanpa merasa terpaksa dan ada beban sekalipun.

pas ngerjain ini gw cuman sekedar asal lanjut sampai tamat, buat event longfic 2012 lalu. tanpa mikir, apa ini gw nulisnya bener2 buat kesenangan dan buat blow off some steam. jadinya malah stress dan jadi beban, bahkan aktivitas irl jadi tersendat sekedar buat bener2 namatin suatu cerita, dan gw memang bikin ini cerita jadi suatu pelarian juga sih karena saat2 itu di irl gw memang rada down juga.

meski ceritanya selesai juga, konklusinya blom bener2 final. don't really regret it though, paling gak dari sini gw bisa belajar hal2 di masa lalu yg ternyata salah buat gw.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  11. noprirf M V U

Lurking Around

Ratings:
    +427 / -0
    daijobu, ane juga sendiri sering offline kok :XD:
    setidaknya om high bisa bikin cerita yang bisa diselesaikan, ane sendiri itu hal luar biasa, mengingat ane sendiri belum bisa membuat cerita yang benar benar tamat :hiks:

ane juga terkadang beli buku cerita (ini baru beli :lol: di indomaret) dan ane akui cerita situ memang gak kalah. bahkan ceritanya jauh lebih bagus malahan :top:
    terkadang melakukan hal yang dirasa menyenangkan juga bagus kok :hmm:

• Like Like x 2
  12. high_time Veteran

Senpai

Ratings:
    +6,024 / -1
    well i felt flattered, my story's not that great actually.

ya, gw sekedar asal tulis juga sih. tapi mungkin intinya klo gak salah pas dolo mah juga nulisnya supaya fun juga.

menurut gw pribadi mau itu authornya namatin cerita ato nggak sih gk masalah. itu urusan dia aja. ini bukan ranah penulis pro dimana kita dikontrak mesti selesai dan memberikan sesuatu yg memuaskan. nggak kok. gk ada kewajiban seperti itu, mau ngapain aja terserah klo di sini.

buat gw sih yg paling penting itu penulisnya bisa nulis sesuatu yg dia inginkan tanpa mesti terbebani, entah orang lain bakal suka ato nggak. karena ya, banyak penulis yg mungkin lebih bagus, tapi klo soal nulis apa yg bener2 dia mau, ya mungkin cuman dia yg bisa lakuin.

ya, good luck juga ya buat situ. moga2 dalam waktu dekat situ bisa nulis sesuatu yg situ inginkan dengan bebas. buat gw sih idealnya nulis mungkin seperti main game. tapi klo buat situ, mungkin yg paling berarti bisa beda lagi.

oh well, it aja sih.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.