1. Disarankan registrasi memakai email gmail. Problem reset email maupun registrasi silakan email kami di inquiry@idws.id menggunakan email terkait.
  2. Untuk kamu yang mendapatkan peringatan "Koneksi tidak aman" atau "Your connection is not private" ketika mengakses forum IDWS, bisa cek ke sini yak.
  3. Hai IDWS Mania, buat kamu yang ingin support forum IDWS, bebas iklan, cek hidden post, dan fitur lain.. kamu bisa berdonasi Gatotkaca di sini yaa~
  4. Pengen ganti nama ID atau Plat tambahan? Sekarang bisa loh! Cek infonya di sini yaa!
  5. Pengen belajar jadi staff forum IDWS? Sekarang kamu bisa ajuin Moderator in Trainee loh!. Intip di sini kuy~

Fauna Black Widow Spider ~Genus Latrodectus~

Discussion in 'Flora dan Fauna' started by miss_shatter_day, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss_shatter_day Veteran

Superstar

Ratings:
    +261,133 / -0

Black Widow Spider
    ~Genus Latrodectus~

[​IMG]

[TH="background-color: #000000, colspan: 2, align: center"]Scientific classification[/TH]

[TH="background-color: #000000, colspan: 2, align: center"]Species[/TH]

Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Arthropoda
    Class: Arachnida
    Order: Araneae
    Family: Theridiidae
    Genus: Latrodectus
    Walckenaer, 1805
    Approx. 31, see article

Laba-laba janda hitam dapat dikenal melalui tanda di perutnya, berwarna merah berbentuk jam pasir pada perut mereka. Mereka dapat ditemukan di daerah beriklim sedang di seluruh dunia.

Gigitan laba-laba ini jauh ditakuti karena bisanya dilaporkan 15 kali lebih kuat dari ular itu. Pada manusia, gigitan dapat menyebabkan nyeri otot, mual, dan kelumpuhan diafragma yang dapat membuat sulit bernapas, namun bertentangan dengan kepercayaan populer, kebanyakan orang yang digigit tidak mengalami kematian yang serius apalagi kerusakan tubuh. Tapi gigitan bisa berakibat fatal-biasanya untuk anak kecil, orang tua, atau orang sakit. Untungnya, kematian yang disebabkannya cukup langka, laba-laba ini tidak agresif dan menggigit hanya untuk pertahanan diri, seperti ketika seseorang sengaja duduk pada mereka.

Hewan-hewan paling berisiko menggigit janda hitam adalah serangga dan laba-laba janda hitam jantan. Betina kadang-kadang membunuh dan memakan rekan-rekan mereka setelah kawin dalam perilaku mengerikan yang memberi nama serangga tersebut. Janda hitam sangat baik kepada sesame, kecuali pada musim kawin.

Laba-laba memintal jaring besar di mana perempuan menangguhkan kepompong dengan ratusan telur. Laba-laba kecil menetas dan meninggalkan telur namun tetap berada pada jarring induknya. Laba-laba janda hitam juga menggunakan jaring-jaring mereka untuk menjerat mangsanya, yang terdiri dari lalat, nyamuk, belalang, kumbang, dan ulat. Janda hitam jantan memiliki bulu halus dikakinya, yang berarti mereka memiliki bulu pada kaki belakang mereka yang mereka gunakan untuk menutupi mangsa mereka dengan sutra setelah telah terperangkap.

Untuk pakan, janda hitam menusuk mangsanya dengan taring mereka dan mengelola enzim pencernaan ke mayat. Dengan menggunakan enzim, dan taring mereka kertakan, laba-laba mencairkan tubuh mangsa mereka dan menyedot cairan yang dihasilkan

Sumber :
    1. Wikipedia
    2. Blog melacakalam.wordpress
    3. Animals.nationalgeographic

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Ramasinta Tukang Iklan

3. nugrozipho MODERATOR
    Trivia Mania

表裏一体

Ratings:
    +40,338 / -7
    Fun Facts and Information About the Black Widow Spider

[​IMG]

Among the spiders in the Cobweb Weaver family, there are 6 species of "widow" spiders, and the female Black Widow is the largest in size and popularity. She is about the size of a paper clip, with a shiny black body and round abdomen. The females are easily identified by a red "hour glass" shape on their stomachs that can usually be seen as they hang upside down in the tangled cobwebs they call home.

Here are some interesting facts about Black Widow spider
    1. Male Black Widow spiders and juveniles of both sexes (which resemble the male) do not bite, so they are not dangerous to humans.

2. The venom of the female Black Widow spider is 15 times more potent than that of the Prairie Rattlesnake.

3. The female will occasionally dine on the male after mating, hence the name "Widow".

How to prevent a Black Widow bite
    • Keep your garage, shed or outdoor workplace free of clutter, as Black Widows can turn any dark corner or crevice into home-sweet- home, whether it be in an empty container, woodpile, tire or shoe.
    • Black Widow spiders are not always hanging in their webs, especially during the daytime. If you do see a tangled, erratic-looking web, approach with caution, as she might be hiding.
    • If you do see the Black Widow spider hanging in her web, do not disturb her or attempt to handle her. She is usually shy and non-aggressive, but if provoked can move very fast and will bite.

What to do if you are bitten
    • The Black Widow spider may have given you a "dry" bite, meaning no venom was injected. But because the skin was likely punctured, wash the area with soap and water and apply an antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
    • If you can, try to locate the spider and put it in a baggie or glass jar with a pair of tongs or tweezers, even if it has been smashed.
    • Young children and the elderly are likely to have a more intense reaction to the venom, so if swelling of the eyelids, reddening of the skin, muscle cramps, muscle spasms, difficulty breathing or vomiting occur, seek medical treatment immediately. Although no one has died from a Black Widow spider bite in the last 10 years, medication can help the muscle spasms and pain, or antivenin may be be administered. People with heart or health problems may have other difficulties or require a hospital stay.

4. Zehel M V U

鹿屋基地

Ratings:
    +13,223 / -1

Black Widow Spider

[​IMG]
    Black Widow Spiders are extremely poisonous arachnids (not insects). Their venom is 15 times as poisonous as the venom of the prairie rattlesnake. These venomous spiders are found in warm and temperate climates all around the world. They live in dark places, in drain pipes, under logs and rocks, etc. in North America from Florida and California to southern Canada. Their bite rarely kills humans.

The female will sometimes eat the smaller male after mating. She will lay 300-400 eggs. The spiderlings (baby spiders) are not poisonous but they are cannibals, eating each other.

Diet: Black Widows eat flies, moths, crickets, small reptiles and other small animals. Their fangs inject venom and digestive juices into the prey. This kills the prey and also liquifies its flesh, letting the spider eat it easily.

Anatomy: Females (about 1 1/2 inches across) have a black body with a distinctive red hourglass shape on the underside of the abdomen. Males are smaller (about 3/4 inch across) with longer legs and red and yellow markings. The females are much more poisonous than the males. Black Widows have a two-part body, strong jaws, poisonous fangs, and a hard exoskeleton.

Webs: Black Widow Spiders use silk to make tangled-looking webs, usually near the ground in dark places. The tips of the spider's legs are oily; this oil keeps them from getting trapped in their own webs. ​
    SOURCE

5. nugrozipho MODERATOR
    Trivia Mania

表裏一体

Ratings:
    +40,338 / -7
    How to Kill Black Widow Spiders

Most spiders are harmless, and are actually beneficial to have around your property. However, there are 2 types of spiders in North America which should cause some alarm: the black widow and the brown recluse spider. Here's how to get rid of an infestation, as well as both active and passive ways to kill black widows.

Get Rid of an Infestation
    1. Clean out potential hiding spots. Black widows hole up in seldom-disturbed areas, such as woodpiles, storage boxes, the back of closets, and so on. Not only will cleaning these areas eliminate potential habitats, you'll also get rid of areas for black widow prey to live.
    2. Prevent spiders from entering your home. The best method to avoid black widows is prevention. By keeping your doors and windows caulked, you are taking an important step in preventing spiders and other insects from getting into your home. Weatherproofing your exits is also very helpful.
    3. Call a professional exterminator. If you suspect that your black widow problem is bigger than you can handle on your own, call a professional who's licensed to use heavier insecticides. If possible, ask around a few different businesses for quotes depending on the size of your house and the suspected severity of the infestation.

Eradicate Spiders with Active Methods
    1. Spray spiders with an aerosol pesticide. If you see a black widow on the loose, try to spray it with a pesticide first. This is better than trying to smash or stomp on it because the spiders are aggressive and will run at you, if threatened.
    2. Squash it. If you don't have a pesticide handy, grab a shoe or other flat object and kill the spider the old-fashioned way. Keep in mind that black widows are quick, and they might run toward you instead of away from you (like most other spiders do).
    3. Hunt Them. A bit after sunset, say 9 or 10 pm in the summer time, search for widows in the places you know they are making a home. This is evident by the tough webs they make. Arm yourself with a flashlight, spray glue or hairspray (some sticky aerosol), long pants, shoes,etc. look for them about a foot off of the ground. When you see one, spray it. This alone will kill the widows, reduce the numbers, and keep you from needing long term pesticides.

Eradicate Spiders with Passive Methods
    1. Powder the web. Black widows spend a lot of time on their webs, whether it's to guard an egg sac or wait for prey. Sprinkle a non-repellant insecticidal dust over the web when you find it — the dust will eventually kill the spider. Return to the web to make sure the spider is dead, and dispose of both in a sealed plastic bag.
    2. Apply residual insecticide to dark corners. A wettable powder applied to corners and nooks will prevent the formation of new webs, making it harder for the black widows to catch prey and thrive.

Tips
    • If you are bitten by a black widow, seek medical attention immediately. Though the bite will seem like a small prick and will only show itself by some very small swelling around the area, you may experience abdominal and muscle cramps an hour or more after you have been bitten.
    • If you get bitten but you're not 100% sure if it's a dangerous bite, do not be afraid to get medical attention.

pics and read more here

6. nugrozipho MODERATOR
    Trivia Mania

表裏一体

Ratings:
    +40,338 / -7
    Mac Lethal – Black Widow Spider

I feel that sting in my toxic heart
    I can't heal that thing cause your claws are sharp
    It was nothing to you, when you cut me in two
    Left me kicked to the curb feeling ugly and blue
    I let these fictions capture me
    And it's a lot easier than it has to be
    You taste like bitch beer practically
    And that's a flavor of my sick sick rhapsody

I'm gonna shoot my dope in the bathroom stall
    Try to turn my woes around
    I'm gonna stir my whiskey with a nail
    I'm gonna guzzle that poison down
    I'm gonna spend my rent money at the bar
    Because I'm really not all that rich
    I'm gonna turn my cell phone off right now
    Cause I don't wanna call that bitch

Hook:
    I love a girl that don't love me
    And I call that girl Black Widow Spider
    I need to find me a brand new fix
    And bring her back home just to lay beside her
    I love a girl that don't love me
    And I call that girl Black Widow Spider
    I need to find me a brand new fix
    Need to bring her back home right now

On the syncopated measure,
    I say a little somethin' to alleviate the pressure
    Cause everything about you is deviant and clever
    You say we need to treat each other better
    Uh, are you joking?
    I feel like a wounded puppy
    Stupid, ugly
    You used to love me
    but instead of being hurt I'll just think about the time you gave me road-head
    Bitch
    Tell that dude not to answer your phone when I call you
    I'll take a ball bat to his truck
    I'd rather just leave you a 45 minute long rant on your answering machine cuz I'm drunk
    Plus I can delete it all and re-record it
    I wanna thank you for the grief and torment
    The ghost in the blanket felt like you
    And my bedroom fragrance smells like you

Hook

I'm gonna punch me a hole in the closet door
    And try to turn my woes around
    I'm gonna stir my brandy with a nail
    I'm gonna guzzle that poison down
    I'm gonna work things out on the telephone
    Call one time only, that's it
    I'm gonna break my telephone on the ground
    So I don't drunk dial that bitch

There's a black raincloud floatin in my head
    I always lose at the game of love
    I gotta cleanse this nightmare out my system
    Somebody wake me up
    I'm gonna pop me a pill, gonna die for the girl that'll let me die for her
    Cause my ex girl wanna ask me why I feel so strongly like I'm sure
    C'mon

Hook

Source

7. nugrozipho MODERATOR
    Trivia Mania

表裏一体

Ratings:
    +40,338 / -7

LIFE CYCLE OF BLACK WIDOW SPIDER
    Black widow mating occurs in springtime into early summer. In some cases, black widow females consume males after mating, feeding on them as sources of nutrients needed for egg fertilization. Female black widow spiders can produce several egg sacs in summer months. These sacs are tightly woven, silken cups and are protected fiercely by the female until they hatch.

Egg sacs are white, tan or gray in color and have a paper-like texture. They may be pear-shaped or globular. Each egg sac contains hundreds of eggs, from which hundreds of spiderlings emerge. However, only a handful of these young survive, as black widows are cannibalistic during the early stages of their lives.

Surviving spiderlings undergo molting stages known as instars. Many spiderlings overwinter as immatures, and then they mature fully the following spring. Although the expected lifespan of black widow spiders is one year, some specimens have been known to live up three years.

BLACK WIDOW SPIDER EGGS
    Black widow spider eggs can be found in dark crevices beneath stones and in natural debris such as woodpiles. Barns and other secondary buildings are likely to host these spiders, as well. Black widow spider eggs may also be deposited within neglected materials or animal and rodent nests.

A female black widow spider is capable of accumulating and storing enough sperm within one mating session to last throughout her lifetime. Black widow spider eggs are laid onto small, silken webs shaped like cups. Females seal these cups with more silk, forming egg sacs or cases. These egg sacs are pale gray-white in color and measure 12 to 15 mm in diameter. Each egg sac contains hundreds of eggs and is guarded carefully by the female. Black widow spiderlings, also known as juveniles, emerge within approximately one month.

BABY BLACK WIDOW SPIDERS
    After mating, a female black widow produces an egg sac which can contain hundreds of eggs. Females then guard these sacs for 8 to 30 days, until spiderlings hatch.

Spiderlings are white and orange in color and resemble adult black widow males. Females turn black as they grow older.

Black widow spiderlings are cannibalistic and consume other spiderlings from their brood for nutrients. Surviving hatchlings leave the web within a few days, at which point they experience ballooning. During the ballooning process, black widow spiderlings release strands of silk into the air and are carried to new locations. Black widow spiderlings then begin to spin their own webs and capture their own food.

EVOLUTION OF A BLACK WIDOW SPIDER
    Evolution through natural selection is the process where advantageous traits and mutations allow an organism to survive and reproduce better than other organisms with less advantageous traits. The beneficial traits are passed on to their offspring when the parents procreate. The black widow spider, like other organisms, is subject to this process. Many aspects of the current black widow are a result of the pressures of evolution. An example of evolution with black widows is seen with their red hourglass marking. Red is considered a warning coloration in nature. It indicates this organism is toxic or potentially harmful. By proudly displaying this marking, it warns predators to not eat it. Black widow spiders with this marking would less likely be eaten and would survive to reproduce, thus leading to their being more successful. Over time this trait became widespread and part of what we know as the black widow.

Source: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

8. komikb4 M V U

Rockstar

Ratings:
    +9,943 / -0
    Hey! A Black Widow Spider Bit Me!

What's a Black Widow Spider?
    The black widow spider is one of a few poisonous kinds of spiders in the United States. It is part of the arachnid family, which includes not just spiders, but ticks, mites, and scorpions, too. Its body is about one-half inch long (smaller than a dime), and it has long legs. The black widow spider is shiny and black with a red-orange or yellow mark in the shape of an hourglass on its stomach.

Black widow spiders and their relatives can be found almost anywhere in the Western hemisphere of the world in damp and dark places. Their favorite places are woodpiles, tree stumps, trash piles, storage sheds, fruit and vegetable gardens, in stone walls, and under rocks.

If they come inside, they will go to dark places like corners of closets, garages, or behind furniture. They are shy by nature and bite only when trapped, sat on, or accidentally touched.

What a Bite Looks and Feels Like
    A person who gets bitten by a black widow spider might not know it right away, since the bite can sometimes feel like a little pinprick. After 30 to 40 minutes, though, the area of the bite will swell and hurt a lot, and sometimes a person can get achy all over.

Other symptoms can include weakness, nausea, vomiting, sweating, and headache.

What You Should Do
    If you ever think that you've been bitten by a black widow spider, tell an adult immediately. Black widow spider bites rarely kill people, but it's important to get medical attention as soon as you can because they can make you very sick.

With an adult's help, wash the bite well with soap and water. Then apply an ice pack to the bite, and try to elevate the area and keep it still to help prevent the spread of venom (poison).

If it's possible, have an adult catch and bring the spider to the doctor's office with you. Even though it's usually easy to identify black widows, you'll want to make sure that's the kind of spider that bit you. The spider can be killed first before you bring it with you; just be sure not to squish it so much that no one can tell what it is.

What a Doctor Will Do
    Doctors treat people who have been bitten by black widow spiders with medications to help relax the muscles and reduce pain. They sometimes give antivenin, a medication that fights the venom in the spider's bite, if someone who has been bitten has underlying medical problems or doesn't get better from the other medications.

How to Avoid Getting Bitten
    The best way to avoid getting bitten by black widow spiders is to be careful in areas where they like to spend time. Don't play around in rock piles or woodpiles. If you are working outside in the yard in big piles of logs or leaves, wear gloves.

Be sure to shake out blankets and clothing that have been stored in the attic or the basement, or if they have been in a closet but not used for a long time.

If you are cleaning behind furniture, look carefully behind it before reaching around. If you keep your shoes in a mudroom or garage, shake them out before putting them on.

sumber

:lalala:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

About Forum IDWS

IDWS, dari kami yang terbaik-untuk kamu-kamu (the best from us to you) yang lebih dikenal dengan IDWS adalah sebuah forum komunitas lokal yang berdiri sejak 15 April 2007. Dibangun sebagai sarana mediasi dengan rekan-rekan pengguna IDWS dan memberikan terbaik untuk para penduduk internet Indonesia menyajikan berbagai macam topik diskusi.